Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of Tate - (Tate replaces Willis as Starter)
Yeah and some even wanted Tate cut in the preseason
In favor of Core.
Such geniuses .
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed with that assessment. I doubt Erickson, Tate, and Willis would see many snaps on a really good team.

Ross should have NEVER been moved out of the role he was successful in. Not with how he's been a headcase. So now they put him in a new spot where he needs to think?

It's his THIRD year. Learn to think, or GTFO.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: STATE OF TATE: Wide receiver Auden Tate had quite a first career start. He had a career-high and game-high 88 yards, but his hold on Darius Philips’ 92-yard kick return will get all the controversial ink.

“When you look at it, it’s going to be hard to see,” Bates said.

Taylor said the Bengals made the move of replacing Damion Willis with Tate and putting Tate at flanker and moving John Ross to X receiver during the week. Ross had a rough one. The NFL receiving yardage leader had his NFL-leading fifth drop and had a fumble before finishing with two catches for 22 yards.

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-fiery-taylor-asks-bengals-to-stay-connected

Once again the refs gave the game to the bills,The punt return for a TD was legit and to call a hold on tate was insane,he did not hold the dude and ZT is just too nice to do anything about it.If I were the HC I would be calling everyone and raising hell all week for a bad call and demanding an answer and having that ref FIRED.HE cost us another game and it just never stops.The refs will ALWAYS FAVOR the home team.We got screwed again.That was not a block in the back and I seriously believe pro,football is FIXED.You cannot win when the refs are calling this crap.He did not block the guy in the back.And ZT does nothing about it.Welcome to the nati ZT.Its a NEW-DEY. REALLY.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Its not time to eat crow for tate yet...

Why not? People were exaggerating claims last season. Because some of us wanted him to get a shot in a lost season to see what we had, that equated to us anointing him as the next Jerry Rice. 

He is what he was at FSU.....a mostly reliable option with a big catch radius and a big body that he can use to advantage against smaller DBs. I think he'll make a good possession receiver, and that's what I thought last season. He couldn't get a shot around here because some coach thought Cody Core was a better option. Some fans did too......

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:06 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: ultimately could be viewed as the difference in this game.  but I heard it was a phantom holding call by the radio guys so I don't know how much was him and how much was the refs again

Compared to the hold that wasn't called on Brown when he was literally tackled off of Allen when he had him in his grasp, it was DEFINITELY a phantom call 

Reply/Quote
The question is which WR gets moved when AJ
Comes back?
I don't see Auden Tate getting cut.
I have a feeling he is going find the end zone
Vs the Steelers.
I noticed he's running more routes out of the tree
This year.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:32 PM)Joelist Wrote: Tate also dropped 2 passes (and I am not talking about that last play). The whole point of Willis was supposedly hands, so instead we put in Tate....

Bu.bu..bu.but he's enormous.  Head Coaches need to watch more video and really, never mingle with the players so they don't get blinded by their personality, huge height, etc.  and focus more on what they see on that magical video we as fan see. That will get rid of the biases. Let the OC and DC give them their coach to player interactions, accolades, scoldings, etc.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:50 AM)impactplaya Wrote: The question is which WR gets moved when AJ
Comes back?
I don't see Auden Tate getting cut.
I have a feeling he is going find the end zone
Vs the Steelers.
I noticed he's running more routes out of the tree
This year.

Is Malone still on this team? If so, there's your answer.

Reply/Quote