Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
State of the 2022 Cincinnati Bengals
(06-30-2022, 09:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because of our offense.  Our defense got gashed for over 30 points and 400 yards per game against them.  In both games our defense blew a 4th quarter lead forcing our offense to come back and win on the last play of the game.

You can't be ***** serious. Thy gave up 3 points in each 2nd half against KC... What more do you want? The rookie will come in and replace Larry O without a problem.. He was a role player that made a splash play here and there, He was horrible against the run too..
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 10:51 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Of all his crazy contentions this one amazes me the most. Good grief don’t use a game that’s an example of the opposite.

Playing well for only half a game is NOT a sign of a good defense. 

Blowing a fourth quarter lead is NOT a sign of a good defense.

Bengals gave up over 30 points and 400 yards per game against the Chiefs. That is NOT a sign of a good defense.

Pretending that points scored in the first half don't count does not change reality.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Playing well for only half a game is NOT a sign of a good defense. 

Blowing a fourth quarter lead is NOT a sign of a good defense.

Bengals gave up over 30 points and 400 yards per game against the Chiefs. That is NOT a sign of a good defense.

Pretending that points scored in the first half don't count does not change reality.

Then Buffalo the #1 ranked defense is not a good defense because they did worse against KC than the Bengals . Horrible analogy
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 12:28 PM)Tony Wrote: You can't be ***** serious. Thy gave up 3 points in each 2nd half against KC... What more do you want. The rookie will come in and replace Larry O without a problem.. He was a role player that made a splash play here and there, He was horrible against the run too..

He’s lost his mind
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 01:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s lost his mind

I like how he says the defense production went down Because Larry O got injured lol. Ya, it's not like playing elite offenses in the playoffs had anything to do with it.. He's trying to compare regular season stats and a bigger portion to 3 elite teams in the playoffs...
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 11:26 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: The state of the United States is that we beat the Axis powers in the World War and we should be proud of that.

You're darn tootin'!!

[Image: yes-sir-yes-boss.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I still really wish we had one more impactful guy on defense. I think that's the last thing this team needs.

An All Pro type of guy at any of the positions on our defense is what I am talking about.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 02:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I still really wish we had one more impactful guy on defense. I think that's the last thing this team needs.

An All Pro type of guy at any of the positions on our defense is what I am talking about.

I think you are right. I think Logan Wilson comes close in 2022

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 12:28 PM)Tony Wrote: You can't be ***** serious. Thy gave up 3 points in each 2nd half against KC... What more do you want? The rookie will come in and replace Larry O without a problem.. He was a role player that made a splash play here and there, He was horrible against the run too..
Yeah. Our defense really showed up and surprised me. 

I think Carter is underrated could come in and do some damage, especially since he played in the NFL's B league- the SEC.
(06-30-2022, 01:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Then Buffalo the #1 ranked defense is not a good defense because they did worse against KC than the Bengals . Horrible analogy
I don't think people realize how good Mahomes is with Kelce and Hill. Hopefully he takes a step back without Hill but still having Kelce always makes him dangerous.
(06-30-2022, 02:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I still really wish we had one more impactful guy on defense. I think that's the last thing this team needs.

I agree. I can't really remember a guy since Geno in his prime. Bates maybe but he didn't really show up til the playoffs and who knows if playing on the tag this year will allow him to play like he did in the playoffs last year or if he just takes off the regular season again.

I think Hill, Taylor-Britt, and even Anderson can make some plays as rookies.

Hopefully Bates can play all season like it's the playoffs and then Bell, Apple, and Awuzie might not be All-Pro but I think they could make our secondary one of our strengths. 

I think Wilson could also have a strong year and make some splash plays.
(06-30-2022, 02:34 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think you are right. I think Logan Wilson comes close in 2022

I think the defense feels strong in 2022, is more business-like, and everyone gets behind Wilson as the leader and he has a BIG year!

I'm not saying he'll be as good as Ray Lewis, but I feel like he can be a leader and get the entire defense fired up and following him!

(Again, I'm not comparing them or saying he'll be as good but just I think the defense will rally around him.)
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 11:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: People also shouldn't overlook the possibility of Chase having an even bigger season because the defense will have to respect the run more with better blocking and Chase will have more time to let routes develop. Giving Chase time to run routes when he and Burrow have such good chemistry from college is a scary thought.

Same, I don't see a Chase regression at all. He didn't have the perfect season or anything, had too many drops early in 
the season and he should really work on his hands this Offseason. Like you said, Burrow WILL have more time and so will
Chase to get open. Also is a good point about Defense's having to respect the run. Nice post Brad.

(06-30-2022, 12:13 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We lost Larry when it mattered most, the playoffs. How did our defense respond without him? I think Hill is being under rated and will make an positive impact just as Bates made an impact as a rookie.  I see our defense better in 2021 in yards allowed simply because I see our offense on the field more with the OL improvement and our defense on the field less. Less plays equals less yards and less plays equals less reps and more rest during the game.

I love this team and think they will improve overall in 2022.

We just got better on Defense once BJ Hill started no doubt. We should just build off of what we did in the Playoffs and
the SuperBowl, this Defense is really young and will learn and get better. We already can stop the run and get after the 
passer and we get to add a healthy Ossai and ADG to the D this year.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 01:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Then Buffalo the #1 ranked defense is not a good defense because they did worse against KC than the Bengals . Horrible analogy

I never used an analogy. 

And you are making a false equivalency argument.

When people talk about how good the Buffalo defense is they NEVER try to say it is because they gave up a bunch of points to the Chiefs. Bengal fans are the only ones who claim giving up 28 points and almost 400 yards to the Chiefs is evidence of how great their defense is.

So you have done nothing to dispute my claim that you can't use the Chiefs games as proof of how great our defense is.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 06:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never used an analogy. 

And you are making a false equivalency argument.

When people talk about how good the Buffalo defense is they NEVER try to say it is because they gave up a bunch of points to the Chiefs. Bengal fans are the only ones who claim giving up 28 points and almost 400 yards to the Chiefs is evidence of how great their defense is.

So you have done nothing to dispute my claim that you can't use the Chiefs games as proof of how great our defense is.

First of all I never claimed the defense was great. You claimed it squandered leads. You used KC in that analogy. And the board laughed because it was awful. Buffalo had the number 1 defense in the NFL they did worse defending KC and Mahomes. It’s in black and white. Too damn funny. You need to get somebody to do your research

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 07:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: First of all I never claimed the defense was great. You claimed it squandered leads. You used KC in that analogy. And the board laughed because it was awful. Buffalo had the number 1 defense in the NFL they did worse defending KC and Mahomes. It’s in black and white. Too damn funny. You need to get somebody to do your research

First of all the Chiefs games were "examples" of blowing 4th quarter leads.  "Examples" are what I use to prove my points.

There were no "analogies".

And no one cares what the Bills did against the Chiefs.  The Jets offense did much better against us than the Rams.  That does not mean the Jets offense is better than the Rams.  Everyone who follows the NFL knows that is flawed lgic that can be used to show absurd results.  I would never try to use such lame logic to make my point. That is all on you.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 08:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all the Chiefs games were "examples" of blowing 4th quarter leads.  "Examples" are what I use to prove my points.

There were no "analogies".

And no one cares what the Bills did against the Chiefs.  The Jets offense did much better against us than the Rams.  That does not mean the Jets offense is better than the Rams.  Everyone who follows the NFL knows that is flawed lgic that can be used to show absurd results.  I would never try to use such lame logic to make my point. That is all on you.

But it was you who exposed your own self by using KC. Horrible example

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 08:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: But it was you who exposed your own self by using KC. Horrible example

This is borderline troll job by Fred lol.. Everyone including the experts know the Bengals Ddefense shut mahomie down twice. Christ, the first game.Chase had more receiving yards than Mahomie had passing...
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 11:40 PM)Tony Wrote: This is borderline troll job by Fred lol.. Everyone including the experts know the Bengals Ddefense shut mahomie down twice. Christ, the first game.Chase had more relieving yards than Mahomie had passing...

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
As Joey B mentioned teams are going to respect their big play ability in 2022 and try to take it away by playing alot more cover 2. Joe Mixon and the Offensive Line will need to step up and move the ball a lot better on the ground to create those big play opportunities. Sustained drives were at a premium last year for the Bengals because of their low 3rd and short conversion percentage that will need to change if they want to succeed with a First Place Schedule.

On Defense the younger members of the defensive line really need to take a step up in 2022. There were a lot of Lulls in pressures during the 2022 season which allowed time for opposing QBs.

Bengals are by no means a shoe-in playoff team in the AFC. They will need to take a step forward in their progress to become a perennial playoff team. One thing that helps is the feeling with Joey B under center they have a chance to win any game all the way down to the wire.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 11:40 PM)Tony Wrote: This is borderline troll job by Fred lol.. Everyone including the experts know the Bengals Ddefense shut mahomie down twice. Christ, the first game.Chase had more relieving yards than Mahomie had passing...

I guess he doesn’t watch the games. Anybody with a pulse knows the example of our KC games is some barometer of poor defense is laughable

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 01:03 PM)Synric Wrote: As Joey B mentioned teams are going to respect their big play ability in 2022 and try to take it away by playing alot more cover 2. Joe Mixon and the Offensive Line will need to step up and move the ball a lot better on the ground to create those big play opportunities. Sustained drives were at a premium last year for the Bengals because of their low 3rd and short conversion percentage that will need to change if they want to succeed with a First Place Schedule.

On Defense the younger members of the defensive line really need to take a step up in 2022. There were a lot of Lulls in pressures during the 2022 season which allowed time for opposing QBs.

Bengals are by no means a shoe-in playoff team in the AFC. They will need to take a step forward in their progress to become a perennial playoff team. One thing that helps is the feeling with Joey B under center they have a chance to win any game all the way down to the wire.

The revamped O-line and a Center that is not banged up should help to sustain drives.

Ossai stepping up is what I hope and predict on the Defense for our pass rush. Need somebody besides Hendrickson to hopefully
get constant pressure. Hubbard is a decent pass rusher but he isn't great, Ossai could be.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 01:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I guess he doesn’t watch the games. Anybody with a pulse knows the example of our KC games is some barometer of poor defense is laughable

Fred is a stat guy. The only thing that makes sense is that either he doesn't watch the games or doesn't understand what he is 
seeing on game day. The Chiefs tore a hole in everybody when they were healthy on Offense. The only Defense that stood up and
said BS to that is the Cincinnati Bengals Defense in the 2nd half.... Both games we played them.

Mahomes and that Offense are a juggernaut and destroyed the #1 ranked Defense of the Buffalo Bills. Mellow
Reply/Quote