Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of the AFC: The Buffalo Bills
Alright, doing my thread on the Bills who are probably my second favorite team behind our Bengals. These guys are a
legit team in all phases of the game. They have a damn good Offense with Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs and a good running
game. They have a damn good Defense with Tremaine Edmunds one of my favorite Linebackers and added Vonn Miller
for years to come who is still a good pass rusher. They also seem to always be pretty good on ST's, so good team.

We get to play them this year which besides the Brady vs Burrow matchup is the game I am most anticipating to watch
how these team's matchup as we are probably the best of the AFC at this point besides the AFC West which is stacked.

The Bills Defense will be watching that game against the Chiefs all offseason I am sure and making sure that never
happens to them again. It was honestly sad Defense from them in that game where they couldn't tackle Mahomes or
anybody very well for that matter. It was only one game though and they were one of if not the best Defense's in the
NFL last season.

The thing about Allen is he is inconsistent and will have bad games throwing the ball. Honestly the part of his game
that worries me the most is he is athletic and great on the run, he is big and strong so when we play them we will
have to get him down, this will be key. Diggs is a great WR so we will have to cover him with Awuzie. These guys are
very explosive at times in the running game and on Offense but they are weird cause they will have one great game
where they score a lot of points and the next game they will have a stinker against a poor opponent like last year.

Anyways, just a little breakdown of a team I think we will be vying with for the top of the AFC for years to come as
they are young like us with young players in essential positions like us.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 06:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright, doing my thread on the Bills who are probably my second favorite team behind our Bengals. These guys are a
legit team in all phases of the game. They have a damn good Offense with Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs and a good running
game. They have a damn good Defense with Tremaine Edmunds one of my favorite Linebackers and added Vonn Miller
for years to come who is still a good pass rusher. They also seem to always be pretty good on ST's, so good team.

We get to play them this year which besides the Brady vs Burrow matchup is the game I am most anticipating to watch
how these team's matchup as we are probably the best of the AFC at this point besides the AFC West which is stacked.

The Bills Defense will be watching that game against the Chiefs all offseason I am sure and making sure that never
happens to them again. It was honestly sad Defense from them in that game where they couldn't tackle Mahomes or
anybody very well for that matter. It was only one game though and they were one of if not the best Defense's in the
NFL last season.

The thing about Allen is he is inconsistent and will have bad games throwing the ball. Honestly the part of his game
that worries me the most is he is athletic and great on the run, he is big and strong so when we play them we will
have to get him down, this will be key. Diggs is a great WR so we will have to cover him with Awuzie. These guys are
very explosive at times in the running game and on Offense but they are weird cause they will have one great game
where they score a lot of points and the next game they will have a stinker against a poor opponent like last year.

Anyways, just a little breakdown of a team I think we will be vying with for the top of the AFC for years to come as
they are young like us with young players in essential positions like us.

Thoughts?

Wish these could be in JN....I know, the subject, but it is also how the Bengals match up against each opponent???

Here are my thoughts about the Bills:  

Offense:  Solid without many weak spots.  Their offensive line isn't stellar, but solid.  They will be counting on my guy Spencer Brown to start at RT this year, so that is worth watching.

Defense:  Here is the key and why the matchup with the Bengals is so critical:  They probably have the best overall secondary in the league.  Two top safeties and two really good CBs.  Depth behind them isn't great, but still.... What makes the matchup so interesting is their LBs are among the worst in coverage.  Edmunds PFF coverage rating was in the 30s.  That is like what Cincy had before Wilson, Pratt, ADG, Bailey, etc.  We all remember those defenses had no pressure and LBs that couldn't cover and we just died a slow death.  Those teams had solid CBs, but not LBs.  I am not saying the Bills have no pass rush, as Miller is still a stud, and Basham could come on this year, but their LBs in coverage is their weakness and I am sure every NFL team knows it.

As a reminder, the Bills went 12-7 last year with a playoff demolishing of the Pats as their most impressive win.  

They played the AFC South last year, and went 1-3, their only win against the pathetic Texans.  

The Jets and Fins were still turd soup, and they got 4 easy wins there.

Their biggest wins were against the Chiefs, Saints, and the aforementioned playoff win against the Pats.  They seem to rise up for big games, and have major letdowns against the likes of the Jags.  With their schedule for 2022 including the AFC North and NFC North, I don't see them getting too many lame opponents this year.

They are still a top tier team, though, and if they stay healthy will absolutely contend in the AFC.  

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm with the LeonardLeap on Allen. I think the hype machine around him is a bit much. 63.3 completion % 6.8 yards per attempt both of which are not good. I'm not saying he's crap he's just no Joe Burrow.

Their defense will keep them in a lot of games and they most likely will be a major player in AFC playoffs, they're good.

I'm just not so sure they're the juggernaut they're portrayed as by many ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 09:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wish these could be in JN....I know, the subject, but it is also how the Bengals match up against each opponent???

Here are my thoughts about the Bills:  

Offense:  Solid without many weak spots.  Their offensive line isn't stellar, but solid.  They will be counting on my guy Spencer Brown to start at RT this year, so that is worth watching.

Defense:  Here is the key and why the matchup with the Bengals is so critical:  They probably have the best overall secondary in the league.  Two top safeties and two really good CBs.  Depth behind them isn't great, but still.... What makes the matchup so interesting is their LBs are among the worst in coverage.  Edmunds PFF coverage rating was in the 30s.  That is like what Cincy had before Wilson, Pratt, ADG, Bailey, etc.  We all remember those defenses had no pressure and LBs that couldn't cover and we just died a slow death.  Those teams had solid CBs, but not LBs.  I am not saying the Bills have no pass rush, as Miller is still a stud, and Basham could come on this year, but their LBs in coverage is their weakness and I am sure every NFL team knows it.

As a reminder, the Bills went 12-7 last year with a playoff demolishing of the Pats as their most impressive win.  

They played the AFC South last year, and went 1-3, their only win against the pathetic Texans.  

The Jets and Fins were still turd soup, and they got 4 easy wins there.

Their biggest wins were against the Chiefs, Saints, and the aforementioned playoff win against the Pats.  They seem to rise up for big games, and have major letdowns against the likes of the Jags.  With their schedule for 2022 including the AFC North and NFC North, I don't see them getting too many lame opponents this year.

They are still a top tier team, though, and if they stay healthy will absolutely contend in the AFC.  

Yes, I knew this was going to get moved to around the NFL but it is still VERY Bengal related. I don't get it.

Maybe I need to PM Holic or somethin'?

Oh man, I forgot the Bills got Spencer Brown our guy we were wanting us to Draft awhile back. Very athletic and talented OL.

Also forgot they got Boogie Basham who I also wanted us to draft. I really like their WR pick in Shakur this last draft. This dude
made some crazy catches for Boise State, one of the most talented Receivers in the last Draft he just came from a smaller school.

Surprised Tremaine Edmunds was that bad in coverage, he is crazy athletic with good instincts. That surprises me.

That Secondary is damn good but they still got tore a new one against Mahomes and the Chiefs in that playoff game.

Great stuff, too bad the thread got moved as it is Bengal related and is very informative about maybe our future AFC rival.

BTW, just hung out with a dude last night who grew up in Buffalo and is a Bills fan since he was a kid and knew a lot about 
their old days when they lost 4 Superbowls in a row. Pretty crazy how us Bengals and Bills fans kind of feel each other's pain.

He said Jim Kelly would host parties all the time at his place inviting his teammates and party it up even the night's before the
games. Man, I like to drink and be merry but I wouldn't be doing it the night before a game in the NFL and be all hung over.
He said you could tell like half the team was hungover in the games at times. Not cool.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 09:35 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm with the LeonardLeap on Allen. I think the hype machine around him is a bit much. 63.3 completion % 6.8 yards per attempt both of which are not good. I'm not saying he's crap he's just no Joe Burrow.

Their defense will keep them in a lot of games and they most likely will be a major player in AFC playoffs, they're good.

I'm just not so sure they're the juggernaut they're portrayed as by many ?

They have a lot of pressure on them. Everyone seems to be picking them to make the SuperBowl this year.

Heck I expect us to play them twice. Hopefully we win both games. One in the regular season and one in the AFC Championship. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote