Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FOX Host says germs aren't real.
No, seriously he said that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/02/11/fox-news-host-pete-hegseth-wash-hands-10-years/2835616002/

Quote:Washing your hands after using the restroom seems like a given, right? Not so fast, says Fox News host Pete Hegseth.

On Fox and Friends Sunday morning, Hegseth told his co-hosts, Ed Henry and Jedediah Bila, that he didn't believe in the sanitary activity.
The admission was prompted by Bila calling out Hegseth for eating leftover day-old pizza on the set.

"My 2019 resolution is to say things on-air that I say off-air," Hegseth said to his co-hosts. "'I don't think I've washed my hands for 10 years."

As Henry and Bila laughed at this proclamation, Hegseth doubled down: "I inoculate myself," he said. "Germs are not a real thing. I can't see them; therefore, they're not real."

Hegseth even took his stand against hand-washing to Twitter. Following a tweet by user @smittymhs's defending the Fox News host, Hegseth retweeted the post, adding "#DontWash."

Quote:[Image: xjDDu8VR_normal.jpg]
[/url]Pete Hegseth

@PeteHegseth

#DontWash
Smittymhs@smittymhs

@PeteHegseth I'm with you on hand washing. I'm almost 70 and haven't had a cold or flu in years. Our bodies need some germs to learn how to fight them. Too many germofobes out there.

11:47 AM - Feb 10, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

766 people are talking about this

[url=https://twitter.com/PeteHegseth/status/1094639126329131009]

Though Hegseth doesn't think washing hands is important, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention highly recommends that people do wash their hands. As the nation's health protection agency notes, one gram of human feces, which is about the weight of a paper clip, can contain one trillion germs.

The CDC states that the routine washing of hands with soap and clean, running water is crucial in battling against sickness and the spread of diseases.

If you stop washing your hands, it will have an affect on your health and the health of others around you, according to Jamin Brahmbhatt, a physician at Orlando Health.

"Washing your hands is the easiest way to protect yourself and others from spreading bugs that can live on your hands," Brahmbhatt previously told USA TODAY. "We can get germs on our hands by touching other parts of our body, sneezing or coughing, touching other people or things like animals or meat."

Now then, I actually agree with some of what he said...just not the reasoning.  

I think we have gone too far to the other side and we aren't exposing children to enough when they are younger to create a system in the their bodies to handle it.

Too much disinfecting in your day to day life (barring any preexisting health issues that require it) is just as bad, to me, as never washing your hands or cleaning regularly.

I do, however, wash my hands...maybe not as much as others do.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I hope the people working at the Fox cafeteria follow his advice
(02-11-2019, 01:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, seriously he said that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/02/11/fox-news-host-pete-hegseth-wash-hands-10-years/2835616002/

Now then, I actually agree with some of what he said...just not the reasoning.  

I think we have gone too far to the other side and we aren't exposing children to enough when they are younger to create a system in the their bodies to handle it.

Too much disinfecting in your day to day life (barring any preexisting health issues that require it) is just as bad, to me, as never washing your hands or cleaning regularly.

I do, however, wash my hands...maybe not as much as others do.

I agree.  I've read some that say these anti-bacterial soaps are killing off a lot of good bacteria.  I know they don't exist, but still.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-11-2019, 01:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, seriously he said that. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/02/11/fox-news-host-pete-hegseth-wash-hands-10-years/2835616002/ Now then, I actually agree with some of what he said...just not the reasoning.   I think we have gone too far to the other side and we aren't exposing children to enough when they are younger to create a system in the their bodies to handle it. Too much disinfecting in your day to day life (barring any preexisting health issues that require it) is just as bad, to me, as never washing your hands or cleaning regularly. I do, however, wash my hands...maybe not as much as others do.

You know, any time I find myself thinking that parents are too protective, too clean, or too "whatever" to their kids these days I just go out in public and I see filthy, unsupervised kids doing something stupid/dangerous.

Side story, I went to the beach one day with my buddy, his wife and their 2 young kids.  The 3 of us that were adults were in the water watching the kids, and the kids were in hats and UV protecting shirts and I thought "Geez, what's with people going overboard protecting kids these days?"  Then I looked around and there were a bunch of kids who were not in UV shirts running headfirst into the water while their parents sat 100ft away and puttered around on their phones.

It all balances out, because the filthy kids are going to inhabit the same world the overly sanitized kids, do right?
Ask him to point out air since he has to see to think it exists, that is some stupid ass logic.

As to the larger debate it is true that the "clean room" type environments we put children in has lead to an uptick in some diseases. I was reading one study that linked Lymphoma and other diseases to people who did not get a fever in their first year of life. Basically it works out that a certain number of the population are genetically predisposed to these diseases, but by jump starting your immune system when your in your first year it greatly reduces the risk of getting it later versus those who didn't get sick at a young age. The belief is that in the first year of life your body is still "learning" things and this is part of that learning process.
(02-11-2019, 03:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You know, any time I find myself thinking that parents are too protective, too clean, or too "whatever" to their kids these days I just go out in public and I see filthy, unsupervised kids doing something stupid/dangerous.

Side story, I went to the beach one day with my buddy, his wife and their 2 young kids.  The 3 of us that were adults were in the water watching the kids, and the kids were in hats and UV protecting shirts and I thought "Geez, what's with people going overboard protecting kids these days?"  Then I looked around and there were a bunch of kids who were not in UV shirts running headfirst into the water while their parents sat 100ft away and puttered around on their phones.

It all balances out, because the filthy kids are going to inhabit the same world the overly sanitized kids, do right?

Opie was always dirty and he did stupid shit like shooting birds out of trees with his slingshot, and he grew up to be a famous director.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-11-2019, 03:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Opie was always dirty and he did stupid shit like shooting birds out of trees with his slingshot, and he grew up to be a famous director.

Yeah, but what the hell happened to Clint Howard?  Answer THAT, and stay fashionable!
The only time Hegseth washes his hands is after touching a Mexican.
I only wash my hands after I play Tug of War with the Cyclops.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]