Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statement Game for Taylor, Lou and Burrow
No doubt this was a statement win for all three:

ZT: This is the statement season, rebounding offense and defense with draft and FAs, stayed the course with what he felt we needed as a team to beat the best in our division... Bengals are 7-3 and 3-1 in division (with two road wins against Steelers and Ravens) over last 10 games...

LOU: Calls to fire him last year.. he has responded with a very balanced defense especially in scoring.. only team that has not given up 25 points yet in a game.. holding Ravens to 17 points and 5 sacks... wow

BURROW: Has put up yards and some wins in his first 2 seasons but Ravens dominated him last year and really to me this was his first statement WIN of his career... great job

Key to continued success though will be something few have talked about.. staying healthy across the board.. Ravens were missing many starters and have the most in NFL on IR... we need to stay healthy, can be such a game changer with all NFL teams
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
These are NOT the Marv Lewis Bengals anymore. These players want to WIN, not just go through the motions to collect a paycheck.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:45 PM)Interceptor Wrote: These are NOT the Marv Lewis Bengals anymore. These players want to WIN, not just go through the motions to collect a paycheck.

Lewis teams also wanted to win.. you don;t go to the playoffs 5 years in a row without that.. key will be for Burrow and Taylor, get to playoffs and win
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No doubt this was a statement win for all three:

ZT: This is the statement season, rebounding offense and defense with draft and FAs, stayed the course with what he felt we needed as a team to beat the best in our division... Bengals are 7-3 and 3-1 in division (with two road wins against Steelers and Ravens) over last 10 games...

LOU: Calls to fire him last year.. he has responded with a very balanced defense especially in scoring.. only team that has not given up 25 points yet in a game.. holding Ravens to 17 points and 5 sacks... wow

BURROW: Has put up yards and some wins in his first 2 seasons but Ravens dominated him last year and really to me this was his first statement WIN of his career... great job

Key to continued success though will be something few have talked about.. staying healthy across the board.. Ravens were missing many starters and have the most in NFL on IR... we need to stay healthy, can be such a game changer with all NFL teams

The beginning looked like a slightly less bad version of last year. Glad they did whatever they did to fix it as the game progressed
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I think this team is only going to get BETTER, barring injuries. There are still PLENTY of things to clean up. But this was a huge confidence boost. Now let’s go lay the wood to the JETS!
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No doubt this was a statement win for all three:

ZT:  This is the statement season, rebounding offense and defense with draft and FAs, stayed the course with what he felt we needed as a team to beat the best in our division... Bengals are 7-3 and 3-1 in division (with two road wins against Steelers and Ravens) over last 10 games...

LOU:  Calls to fire him last year.. he has responded with a very balanced defense especially in scoring.. only team that has not given up 25 points yet in a game.. holding Ravens to 17 points and 5 sacks... wow

BURROW:  Has put up yards and some wins in his first 2 seasons but Ravens dominated him last year and really to me this was his first statement WIN of his career... great job

Yes, I'm very impressed and that's saying something. This was a most significant win for the team and the Ravens were the best team that the Bengals have beat since Taylor arrived.

(10-24-2021, 05:45 PM)Interceptor Wrote: These are NOT the Marv Lewis Bengals anymore. These players want to WIN, not just go through the motions to collect a paycheck.

They haven't been Marv's Bengals for 3 years. Marvin's teams won a LOT more games that Taylor has (even if you count Taylor's assistant days). Those losing teams the last two years belonged 100% to Taylor. The fact is that he's being a better head coach this season, the game plans are better and the defensive plans are better.

The free agent signings his first year were horrible. His second year they were better, but the team did sign Waynes who has been useless. The signing this season have been much better.

Reply/Quote
I think Ja'Marr Chase made a pretty big statement today too... Dude might be the best in the NFL already.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:54 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think this team is only going to get BETTER, barring injuries. There are still PLENTY of things to clean up. But this was a huge confidence boost. Now let’s go lay the wood to the JETS!

The Jets got 54 points put up against them. Their rookie quarterback is hobbled. One would think Brandon and the second stringers could beat them, but the Bengals still need to go in with their A game and then rest up through the Bye. Think about it; a black-and-orange team going into New York on Halloween?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:03 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: The Jets got 54 points put up against them. Their rookie quarterback is hobbled. One would think Brandon and the second stringers could beat them, but the Bengals still need to go in with their A game and then rest up through the Bye. Think about it; a black-and-orange team going into New York on Halloween?

Can’t have a let down. Go up 6-2 getting the hobbled Browns on your home turf.
Reply/Quote
Everyone did.

Burrow. Chase. Uzomah. O-line late with Mixon & Perine TD runs.

Lou. Hendrickson. Hubbard. L. Wilson. Awuzie.

ZT. The whole organization.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No doubt this was a statement win for all three:

ZT:  This is the statement season, rebounding offense and defense with draft and FAs, stayed the course with what he felt we needed as a team to beat the best in our division... Bengals are 7-3 and 3-1 in division (with two road wins against Steelers and Ravens) over last 10 games...

LOU:  Calls to fire him last year.. he has responded with a very balanced defense especially in scoring.. only team that has not given up 25 points yet in a game.. holding Ravens to 17 points and 5 sacks... wow

BURROW:  Has put up yards and some wins in his first 2 seasons but Ravens dominated him last year and really to me this was his first statement WIN of his career... great job

Yeah, this was a huge win and shown everyone that this team is for real, even me who is a known homer.

I picked the Ravens to win this game and us to get the next one against them. Blew me away how we just pulled away and man
is Chase a stud or what? Dude will just make one play a game that just baffles everyone. We are good in all phases right now and
yes, even the coaching of Taylor is getting good in order for us to dominate the Ravens D. Uzo with another big game, love it.

Will have to watch the game now as I was only able to watch the end when the Titans were beating the Chiefs badly. Saw the last
part of the Mixon TD and the Perine TD and great blocks from Hopkins and Carman was impressive.

We all know now that our D is for real, great job Lou and the players doing so well. Are we tops in the AFC at the moment?

I know we are atop the AFC North, just wondering if there is a team ahead of us?
Reply/Quote

Burrow > Herbert

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:54 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think this team is only going to get BETTER, barring injuries. There are still PLENTY of things to clean up. But this was a huge confidence boost. Now let’s go lay the wood to the JETS!

Did I see it right that the Pats put 54 on them?

If so I could see us doing something similar as I think we are a more explosive Offense right now...

Finally the new players on the OL and the youth overall is getting it together.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, this was a huge win and shown everyone that this team is for real, even me who is a known homer.

I picked the Ravens to win this game and us to get the next one against them. Blew me away how we just pulled away and man
is Chase a stud or what? Dude will just make one play a game that just baffles everyone. We are good in all phases right now and
yes, even the coaching of Taylor is getting good in order for us to dominate the Ravens D. Uzo with another big game, love it.

Will have to watch the game now as I was only able to watch the end when the Titans were beating the Chiefs badly. Saw the last
part of the Mixon TD and the Perine TD and great blocks from Hopkins and Carman was impressive.

We all know now that our D is for real, great job Lou and the players doing so well. Are we tops in the AFC at the moment?

I know we are atop the AFC North, just wondering if there is a team ahead of us?

We are tied for #1 in the AFC period. Tennessee has the same record (overall and division-wise).
League-wise, we are tied for 4th overall. Cardinals, Packers, Rams Cowboys, Bucs are ahead of us.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

Agree completely with this team getting better as season progresses, especially with so many new starters on this squad. 

Going to be a fun season with 3 or 4 more great seasons to follow. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:50 PM)Interceptor Wrote: We are tied for #1 in the AFC period. Tennessee has the same record (overall and division-wise).
League-wise, we are tied for 4th overall. Cardinals, Packers, Rams Cowboys, Bucs are ahead of us.

Thanks brother, thought so and we get the Jets and a hobbled Browns team before the bye...

Wow, I don't want to say it honestly. I like this team too much. We are in a good spot man. Smirk
Reply/Quote
What can one say?

The defensive game plan was excellent. They made Andrews disappear and aside from one mistake letting Brown get behind the coverage they succeeded in making Jackson have to fit the ball into small spaces - which he is not at all good at. They also neutered the Rats ground game - they got 115 yards but a lot of them we little scrambles by Jackson.

Offensively they were "okay" in the first half - at least they didn't slumber as much as in some games. But in the second half it was like a nuclear bomb went off. 4 second half TDs including two running drives where the offense played downhill and just pushed the Rat defense aside.
Reply/Quote

There are a lot of Zac Taylor and Lou Anarumo haters eating crow right now.
Not too late to join this bandwagon that Zac/Lou are driving down the road. Destination SOFi Stadium.
Reply/Quote
We kept the foot on the gas to seal the game.. Marvins team would have went conservative and played not to lose and try and hold onto the lead afraid of making mistakes. This is a new vibe and we need to keep it up.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:04 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: We kept the foot on the gas to seal the game.. Marvins team would have went conservative and played not to lose and try and hold onto the lead afraid of making mistakes. This is a new vibe and we need to keep it up.

This probably stands out to me the most. We are extremely talented but we start slow and come on late.

Nothing like the Marv teams who went to sleep after Halftime.

We did have the Cardiac cats year that one year though. So it wasn't always like that.
Reply/Quote