Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back)
(01-04-2021, 11:26 AM)Synric Wrote: Problem with bringing in new coordinators is if they know if it's a flop a 3rd year in they will be fired with Zac and have a blemish on their resume.

The FO is making a huge mistake with this one.

The one-shot here is going after a scorned Raheem Morris with the sell that if things go sideways next year and Zac is fired he will have a shot at HC. If not Morris another older coach who isn't getting easy looks at a HC job that may need a fired coach to transition into the role. I hate to say it but the only way we get a quality DC is a potential vulture play.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:25 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Hard to argue with Mike Brown's statement.  I think we are going to like what happens this offseason.

I know lots of folks are discouraged after yesterday's dismal showing, but we were simply outclassed from a player personnel standpoint at most key positions.... you can call it outcoached if you want, but ZT didn't have many tools left in his toolbelt to use.  This years Ravens team is looking unbelievable... it'll be fun to watch them vs. KC when that happens.

I think when we see the OL get the attention it needs, we'll all feel a little better about the direction we're headed, which undoubtedly is UP UP UP

Is...Is that you, Mike?
Reply/Quote
Cant wait to see next years press release

" we simply did not see the results in year 3 of this rebuild
We appreciate Zacs efforts but we have decided to go in a new
Direction. 3 and 13 is not acceptable........"
Reply/Quote
"This season we faced challenges with injuries at key positions“

And...there it is. The old **** was always going to use this as an excuse to not do anything.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This news isn't surprising, but Brown's statement reflects why the Bengals are the Bungles we know them to be. Settle in boys and gals, it's the 1990s all over again for a couple more seasons.
Reply/Quote
Waiting for TBB meltdown
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: when he had burrow humming we won how many games?  Zach will still be game planning and calling the plays that got burrow on IR to begin with.. 

We can blame the OL but if you know you OL is bad you dont make your rookie passer drop back 40+ times a game.

I mean you do if that's what works. Our running game wasn't working well with the horrible O line either earlier in the year. Hiding a rookie QB does not develop a rookie QB and I really have no issue with how we used the guy in the end because he is better for it. Herbert played behind a horrible O line and passed a ton, that is how you develop a rookie in today's game if you want them to be a star. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:07 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think im going to throw up...

"Our fans wanted a fresh new direction two years ago, and that is what we aimed to do in hiring a bright, energetic head coach in Zac Taylor. We remain bullish on the foundation Zac is building, and we look forward to next year giving our fans the winning results we all want. In Zac's two years, we have added many new starters and contributors through the draft, we have invested heavily in free agency, and we have acquired a talented young quarterback with a bright future.

"This season we faced challenges with injuries at key positions and missed opportunities. I am proud of our football team for fighting hard through adversity. That adversity and hard work will help us next season. We'll enter the offseason looking to shore up our weaknesses and amplify the strengths of our talented young core. We are not discouraged, but instead feel motivated and confident that next year will reap the benefits of the work that has been done to date. We must capitalize on the opportunities in front of us. Next year we will earn our stripes."

https://www.bengals.com/news/statement-from-bengals-president-mike-brown?fbclid=IwAR1XHXkuqf_QQN_cbxy5yQIdY0EsbpJ9ggBY1HAHMmMBSgkOCvub_civbxM

So this year was about earning lumps?
Is the front office sure they know what the weaknesses are? Do they have a mirror?
Positive changes - I'll believe it when I see it.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:28 AM)Au165 Wrote: The one-shot here is going after a scorned Raheem Morris with the sell that if things go sideways next year and Zac is fired he will have a shot at HC. If not Morris another older coach who isn't getting easy looks at a HC job that may need a fired coach to transition into the role. I hate to say it but the only way we get a quality DC is a potential vulture play.

Still a tough sell.

I think bringing in a guy like Dan Roushar as the OC would be a smart move. The Saints have a few coaches that will be given an opportunity soon and Roushar is one of the best Offensive Line coaches in the NFL with some College OC experience.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:25 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I love how he basically blames the fans as well...

Mike Brown just goes about things in the worst way possible. That statement is utterly ridiculous.

I don't see him blaming the fans.  I see him basically telling us he's listening to us, or listened to us, which is what we all want!  to use an old ML quote "I see better than I hear" .... well, we got rid of ML for young HC, we spent a bunch in FA, we drafted well.  I actually think he did this one right.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:25 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Hard to argue with Mike Brown's statement.  I think we are going to like what happens this offseason.

I know lots of folks are discouraged after yesterday's dismal showing, but we were simply outclassed from a player personnel standpoint at most key positions.... you can call it outcoached if you want, but ZT didn't have many tools left in his toolbelt to use.  This years Ravens team is looking unbelievable... it'll be fun to watch them vs. KC when that happens.

I think when we see the OL get the attention it needs, we'll all feel a little better about the direction we're headed, which undoubtedly is UP UP UP

No, we’re discouraged after 2 dismal seasons worth of this clown. This isn’t about one game.

Reply/Quote
We should also start mock drafting our top 5 '22 pick. Might as well get the ball rolling early.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, we’re discouraged after 2 dismal seasons worth of this clown. This isn’t about one game.

Fair.  I'm not thrilled that we lost so much either, just so you know.  But I'm willing to go MACRO instead of MICRO if it means next year we're killing it.  

Give us Chase in the draft and go OL in FA and in the draft as well (deep class as I understand it) and holy crap, who's gonna stop Burrow with a clean pocket and Chase, Higgins and Boyd, not to mention Mixon running through some gaps?  I think there's a lot to be excited about.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:32 AM)Synric Wrote: Still a tough sell.

I think bringing in a guy like Dan Roushar as the OC would be a smart move. The Saints have a few coaches that will be given an opportunity soon and Roushar is one of the best Offensive Line coaches in the NFL with some College OC experience.

OC I just don't think he will fire because he is calling plays and will die on that sword I'd guess. Maybe the front office is making him give that up, but I'd doubt it.
Reply/Quote
Well... I guess what I said 3 years ago needs to be said again:

Any fan who buys tickets and rewards Mike Brown by putting money in his pocket for retaining this head coach is a complete fool.
Reply/Quote
Kyle Shanahan

2019 NFL Coach of the Year. 13-3 Super Bowl
2020 Injuries up and down the roster. One (1) less loss the Bengals.
DC is getting head coach interviews.

ZT 2019 & 2020 injuries up and down the roster. No training camp for a decidedly young team.

Do any of you really think ZT has been given a chance to show what he can do? I don’t. I don’t really think anyone could make that call. Maybe he is good or maybe he is bad. I’d like for just once for the Bengals to have a season of health. It’s been a while.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:37 AM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Kyle Shanahan

2019 NFL Coach of the Year.  13-3 Super Bowl
2020 Injuries up and down the roster.  One (1) less loss the Bengals.
DC is getting head coach interviews.  

ZT 2019 & 2020 injuries up and down the roster. No training camp for a decidedly young team.

Do any of you really think ZT has been given a chance to show what he can do?  I don’t.  I don’t really think anyone could make that call.  Maybe he is good or maybe he is bad.  I’d like for just once for the Bengals to have a season of health.  It’s been a while.

This!!!!!  This!!!!! This!!!!  

Rep, and welcome to the boards  Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:19 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Is the front office stupid, cheap, lazy or a combination of all 3??

I just posted the exact same 3 thoughts a few moments ago in another thread.
Reply/Quote
That's a very odd way for him to start his official statement ("Our fans wanted a fresh new direction two years ago").

There is no doubt the fans wanted change at that time, he's not wrong about that. But it almost reads like "You wanted change, well you got it".

The reason I say this is because it's strange he didn't see the word "we" in there. As in "we wanted a fresh new direction". Did the Brown family not want this change, are we not all in this together.

Rarely do you hear teams speak in this way. Even if moves are made with the fans wishes in mind they don't present changes made in that manner.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown, remaining Bullish after 30 years of no playoff wins. Lovely. It sucks so hard to be a Bengals fan year after year.
Reply/Quote