Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Steal of the Free Agent class so far...."
(03-14-2024, 03:05 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm a fan as well. I always thought he'd make a good GM.

He actually was an Asst. GM and also Director of player personnel for a couple teams. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 02:17 PM)Stewy Wrote: You're making a big assumption that Wilson is worth have a shyt any more.  His ego, deteriorating ability and horrid production at the end of his stint with the hawks and EVERY year in Denver, suggest otherwise.

Russ threw for 26 TDs and only 8 INTs last year with a passer rating of 98. he added an additional 541 and 3 TDs on the ground. 

Getting him for the Vet minimum is the steal of not only this off-season but I cannot think of a bigger one in recent history.

WTS, I HOPE he absolutely falls flat in PITT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 03:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Russ threw for 26 TDs and only 8 INTs last year with a passer rating of 98. he added an additional 541 and 3 TDs on the ground. 

Getting him for the Vet minimum is the steal of not only this off-season but I cannot think of a bigger one in recent history.

Getting Justin Fields as a back up for a 6th round pick was a good gamble for the evil empire too since he is on his rookie deal for one more year and they can just move on if he stinks and only lose that 6th round pick.  

Yet with you and hope it is a massive failure on the Russel Fields experiment for the steelers. 

Think the Moss, Bell, Rankins and Stone are all really good moves. Like Nate pointed out about Stone his weakness is tackling but Bell, Battle and even Hill are all good at this and Lou will be able to get creative with this group. Yet think Hill will move to CB room, but believe Stone plays some slot corner as well. Lou has very good problems to figure out with this group now. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 03:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Russ threw for 26 TDs and only 8 INTs last year with a passer rating of 98. he added an additional 541 and 3 TDs on the ground. 

The Steelers getting Justin Fields for a sixth rounder and Russ Wilson for Pennys is pretty impressive.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 11:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Getting Justin Fields as a back up for a 6th round pick was a good gamble for the evil empire too since he is on his rookie deal for one more year and they can just move on if he stinks and only lose that 6th round pick.  

Yet with you and hope it is a massive failure on the Russel Fields experiment for the steelers. 

Think the Moss, Bell, Rankins and Stone are all really good moves. Like Nate pointed out about Stone his weakness is tackling but Bell, Battle and even Hill are all good at this and Lou will be able to get creative with this group. Yet think Hill will move to CB room, but believe Stone plays some slot corner as well. Lou has very good problems to figure out with this group now. 

Geez, they got Fields too? What the.... Sick

Makes me want to start drinkin' green beers early today... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 01:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Geez, they got Fields too? What the.... Sick

Makes me want to start drinkin' green beers early today... Mellow

I know right, went from little Kenny Pickitt and Trubisky to Russel Wilson and Justin Fields with hardly any money or draft capital spent. Ugh

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Still, Burrow/Browning > Wilson/Fields
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 06:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Still, Burrow/Browning > Wilson/Fields

Seeing how neither was acquired in this free agency period...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 06:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Still, Burrow/Browning > Wilson/Fields

Agree completely and would not consider trading places. 

But it does strengthen the evil empire that the latter two mentioned are so cheap and they lost nothing when adding. Just makes the conference that much more formidable. 

Yet still would put the Bengals as the favorites if Burrow can remain healthy.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 04:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: I know right, went from little Kenny Pickitt and Trubisky to Russel Wilson and Justin Fields with hardly any money or draft capital spent. Ugh

Yeah, even with our clear bias and hoping Russ falls off and Fields continues to have a problem passing the ball, it is much better of a
situation in the QB room for them this year, sucks. 

(03-17-2024, 10:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree completely and would not consider trading places. 

But it does strengthen the evil empire that the latter two mentioned are so cheap and they lost nothing when adding. Just makes the conference that much more formidable. 

Yet still would put the Bengals as the favorites if Burrow can remain healthy.  

For sure, I still like our chances to really improve in the Division this year. We will at least be 3-3 in the Division if Burrow stays healthy I
am sure of it. Just have to take care of RT and NT which should happen through the rest of FA and the Draft. Tart and Sweat would be 
great if we could trade Tee for an early 2nd round pick or something.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 04:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: I know right, went from little Kenny Pickitt and Trubisky to Russel Wilson and Justin Fields with hardly any money or draft capital spent. Ugh

So to recap for dirt cheap Pitt got an aging old QB who's best years are behind him and Fields who proved beyond any reasonable doubt that the Bears sucked..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote