Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Steeler Homers Down at NFL.com
Dave Dameshek is the biggest Steelers homer I have ever seen.

Here is the typical "sky is falling for the Bengals" analysis that happens every offseason (be prepared to vomit)

---
The Bengals will miss the postseason

As J.J. Watt exposed last season, BB Gundy Dalton is emotionally brittle. As Vontaze Burfict reminded us last season, Vontaze Burfict is unstable. And as Marvin Lewis has taught us over the last 13 seasons, consistency -- in and of itself -- can be overrated. Making the playoffs in six of the last seven seasons is nice, especially after being a punchline for so long ... but 0-7 in January is a consistent embarrassment. If your black-and-orange glass is half full, you believe Marv would've gotten off the career postseason schnide had Dalton just not hurt his thumb, but this year, without the departed Mohamed Sanu and Marvin Jones and with the pressure of a capable backup weighing on the fragile psyche of a QB whose career highlight is an October comeback, that thumb injury may prove to have been just a stay of execution.
---
Reply/Quote
I love being a Bengals fan. Everyone hates on our team and it makes it that much sweeter when we win.
Reply/Quote
Eh the only reason he's as 'famous' as he is is because of the constant stream of black and gold semen dripping from his chin.

His opinion is as valid as any other inbred invalid that dons that little rag.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 11:54 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I love being a Bengals fan. Everyone hates on our team and it makes it that much sweeter when we win.

Amen!

its the bengals vs the world mentality, it sounds cheesy but its true. no one respects the bengals, unless we win a few playoff games. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 11:44 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Dave Dameshek is the biggest Steelers homer I have ever seen.

Here is the typical "sky is falling for the Bengals" analysis that happens every offseason (be prepared to vomit)

---
The Bengals will miss the postseason

As J.J. Watt exposed last season, BB Gundy Dalton is emotionally brittle. As Vontaze Burfict reminded us last season, Vontaze Burfict is unstable. And as Marvin Lewis has taught us over the last 13 seasons, consistency -- in and of itself -- can be overrated. Making the playoffs in six of the last seven seasons is nice, especially after being a punchline for so long ... but 0-7 in January is a consistent embarrassment. If your black-and-orange glass is half full, you believe Marv would've gotten off the career postseason schnide had Dalton just not hurt his thumb, but this year, without the departed Mohamed Sanu and Marvin Jones and with the pressure of a capable backup weighing on the fragile psyche of a QB whose career highlight is an October comeback, that thumb injury may prove to have been just a stay of execution.
---

Dave Dameshek openly admits he's a Steelers fan.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who the **** is Dave Dameshek? Confused Confused

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'd understand some legit criticism/doubt, but that snippet just reeks of hate and a good portion of it is completely pulled out of his ass.

If Dalton had a fragile psyche, he would've curled up and died after getting boo'd by the hometown fans at a charity softball game. Instead, he uncorks (by far) the best season of his career. Btw, I love how he brings up how things "were so bad". Dude the 90's were a long time ago.

Btw, I just checked Dameshek's wiki page:

"Dameshek grew up on the banks of the three rivers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he became an avid Pittsburgh Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins fan."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Dameshek

Whatever
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 02:17 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Eh the only reason he's as 'famous' as he is is because of the constant stream of black and gold semen dripping from his chin.

His opinion is as valid as any other inbred invalid that dons that little rag.

Not even that. The only reason people care about what he says is because he works for a sports network.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 02:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not even that. The only reason people care about what he says is because he works for a sports network.

Nope.....that won't even do it for me.  I could give two shits less what most of these clowns have to say.  That's what made me such a Bobby Knight, Mike Ditka, Jim Mora, and Bill Parcells fan.....their constant and totally dominating abuse of media idgits. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 02:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Who the **** is Dave Dameshek? Confused Confused

Hilarious my thoughts exactly. some steelers inbred i would assume?
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 02:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Who the **** is Dave Dameshek? Confused Confused

This ^^^

I've never heard of her before.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
To become a NFL darling, the Bengals have to win a Super Bowl. All of the teams that the media hate on have never won a Super Bowl.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 03:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: To become a NFL darling, the Bengals have to win a Super Bowl. All of the teams that the media hate on have never won a Super Bowl.

This is the truth. Hopefully it happens within the next decade Tongue
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 02:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd understand some legit criticism/doubt, but that snippet just reeks of hate and a good portion of it is completely pulled out of his ass.

If Dalton had a fragile psyche, he would've curled up and died after getting boo'd by the hometown fans at a charity softball game. Instead, he uncorks (by far) the best season of his career. Btw, I love how he brings up how things "were so bad". Dude the 90's were a long time ago.

Btw, I just checked Dameshek's wiki page:

"Dameshek grew up on the banks of the three rivers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he became an avid Pittsburgh Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins fan."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Dameshek

Whatever

Obviously you have to cut the guy some slack... growing up in Pittsburgh would be bad enough, but actually close to the three rivers... who knows how much lead, chemicals, and toxic waste this guy ingested as a kid.  He is obviously suffering from some sort of mental defect, and we should all commend the website for allowing someone with "challenges" to have a job and feel like a productive member of society...
Reply/Quote
This guy is trying way too hard to be a "Hater".

In my opinion, this guy is a closeted, self hating Bengals fan and he just can't take it
Reply/Quote
NFL.com must be hurting for writers to let this jack hole write some dumb shit like this.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's everywhere. I think writers are more bandwagon than most. One day, the Steelers will go through a period of time of not being very good. When that happens, there will be a lot less Steelers stroking.

Bringing up the 90's is what Steelers fans do. They live in the past. Whenever their team is doing poorly, you have to hear that Sixburgh bullshit.
Reply/Quote
Just remember; most of what is written at NFL.com is garbage. Read it for entertainment purposes only.
Reply/Quote
While his tone is over the top. And a GREAT April Fools Day!
Reply/Quote
Same article written every year since 2012..... nothing to see here.
Reply/Quote