Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeler fans still struggling...
To come to terms with getting shook by the Bengals.

http://stillcurtain.com/2016/05/08/did-bengals-fall-victim-to-tomlin-smokescreen/

Everyone "knew" the Bengals had their eye on a wideout. Unless Tomlin was in cahoots with Jay Gruden then I doubt he's that smart.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 11:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: To come to terms with getting shook by the Bengals.

http://stillcurtain.com/2016/05/08/did-bengals-fall-victim-to-tomlin-smokescreen/

Everyone "knew" the Bengals had their eye on a wideout. Unless Tomlin was in cahoots with Jay Gruden then I doubt he's that smart.

So they purposely had us take the better CB while they got the lesser player. THOSE STEELERS GOT US AGAIN. AAAAAHHHHH.

Now seriously. I am not saying they didn't like Burns and we will see who got the better deal down the line. I don't think you court someone that hard for "a game". Bengals didn't take him because the Steelers wanted him. They took him because he was the next highest rated player on the board. Plus like you said Steelers had no idea all the WRs would be gone. Just a stupid article.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 11:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: To come to terms with getting shook by the Bengals.

lol!

Steelers fans/"experts"/team personnel/coaches are so delusional!

TWO receivers went between the Bengals first round pick and second round pick!  So, unless those two receivers turn out to be Jerry Rice or Randy Moss, our taking a position of need in the first round looks genius.  Granted that I did want Michael Thomas and he was one of the receivers taken between our two picks, but he would have been a reach in the first and there was too much value with Jackson.

Even PFF knows and has it as their FIFTH WORST PICK!

The good thing is that we don't have to reach for players or take a player just so another team doesn't get him, but it just turns out that it forced the Steelers to reach and make a shitty pick!
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 11:51 PM)Camdaddy08 Wrote: So they purposely had us take the better CB while they got the lesser player. THOSE STEELERS GOT US AGAIN. AAAAAHHHHH.

Now seriously. I am not saying they didn't like Burns and we will see who got the better deal down the line. I don't think you court someone that hard for "a game". Bengals didn't take him because the Steelers wanted him. They took him because he was the next highest rated player on the board. Plus like you said Steelers had no idea all the WRs would be gone. Just a stupid article.

You know the fans are still in denial about everything, they went all offseason wanting either WJ3 or Billings. We took a guy they had been linked to right before they pick, then they immediately turned in the pick to take Burns. According to Steeler fans this is because they wanted him all along over WJ3, I mean it couldn't be they just had a big board for the CBs they liked and were determined to pick one right?

Just because the pick was turned in quickly and Tomlin wasn't crying in the war room that doesn't mean Artie Burns was their first choice, just means they were so set on CB they reached for the best guy on their list after we threw a curve ball and grabbed CB.
Reply/Quote

This is hilarious.  I bet they even wanted that next corner that they took in Round 2 ahead of Jackson III.  I guess we will find out when AJ, Eifert, and Boyd destroy them.  
Reply/Quote
Lmao that is funny. They will do anything to hide the fact they are pissed we took jackson. Hell alot of fans wanted billings too
Reply/Quote
Meh.... Petty. This tic for tac by both sides is getting ridiculous. But that's what makes the rivalry fun.

Burns may end up as the better player but I highly doubt it.

We will see.

Reply/Quote
"The Bengals vetting process was nowhere near as complete as Tomlin’s."

The fact of the matter is that without the previous regime's QB, Tomlin's roster would be average at best.  
Reply/Quote
Sorta like a dude telling someone to date the Cuter Older sister that he has been wining and dining for months so he can have the younger uglier sister that might turn out to be Good looking?
Reply/Quote
The Steelers seem to have more "shill" writers on the web than anyone in football.

Furthermore, the only reason the Steelers are worth a damn is because of Ohio guy Big Ben, who was drafted long before Tomlin was coach.
Reply/Quote
The same guy who wrote this article also did a final mock where the Steelers got William Jackson. Dude has been on his bandwagon for awhile.

Fact is, Bengals lost out on WRs and went BPA
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

I believe the Bengals do their own scouting and don't pay too much attention to what Tomlin has to say about anything.

As other have noted, his selections haven't been that stellar.

Reply/Quote
I only hope Jackson and Billings make Big Ben's games against us a living hell for him. Their fans wanted both of those guys.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:08 AM)Shady Wrote: I only hope Jackson and Billings make Big Ben's games against us a living hell for him. Their fans wanted both of those guys.

To be fair, a lot of fans wanted both of those guys. And it's not hard to understand why.

I may have wanted Docston the most, I still like the Jackson pick a lot. He's a very good player. Billings is one of my favorite players in this draft
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:11 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: To be fair, a lot of fans wanted both of those guys. And it's not hard to understand why.

I may have wanted Docston the most, I still like the Jackson pick a lot. He's a very good player. Billings is one of my favorite players in this draft

To be honest, I was back and forth on Doctson or Billings at 24. Never thought he'd drop to the 4th. After I saw the top 3 WRs go right before us, I had no clue who we'd take. I honestly hoped we wouldn't go with another CB, but at least we got a very very good one. I'm happy with the pick and the draft on the whole. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Most ridiculous article I've ever read. Narratives are fun, huh?

Why can't people just accept what happened? The draft fell in a certain way that the guy who was atop both Bengals and Steelers board was left at 24, Bengal took him, Pittsburgh removed him from the board and took the next guy.

We can go around and around about why Burns was the next guy on the board, but he was. So they took him. Guaranteed there is NO coach in the NFL who drafts based on keeping a player away from another team. It's just dumb.
Reply/Quote
Steelers fans (of which the writer of this crap is obviously one) are still butt hurt because deep down in the spot where other people have souls, they just have the deep seated knowledge that they got beat in that last playoff game, and that if the ref's had not handed it to them we would likely have gone the distance. The Bengals just don't take receivers not named AJ Green in the first round anymore, especially to be a number 2. Corner is what we needed. And for them to say Tomlin wanted Burns instead of Jackson is ludicrous. The place Burns struggles is in zone coverage.....which is mostly what Pittsburgh plays. So I'm sure they wanted the guy who struggles in zone over Jackson.... yeah, and I've got a bridge to sell.  Utter horseshit.....
Reply/Quote
I think it's cute that the Steelers fans have convinced themselves that they played a part in the selection of Jackson.

The Bengals just took the BPA. It just so happens to have been a player that the Steelers also wanted.

To try to convince themselves otherwise after the fact just sounds like sour grapes.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 03:26 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: The Steelers seem to have more "shill" writers on the web than anyone in football.

Furthermore, the only reason the Steelers are worth a damn is because of Ohio guy Big Ben, who was drafted long before Tomlin was coach.

"Long before"? Roethlisberger was drafted in 2004. Tomlin became head coach in 2007. Three years is not really considered "long before".

However, the essence of your post is on the money. It's getting harder and harder to find good NFL QBs. It will be interesting to see who the Steelers, Patriots, Saints, Cowboys, etc. will do after their star QBs are done within the next five or so years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Man... They really are that dumb... Fabricating stuff like this to help the fan base come to terms that they got the shittier prospect. How the hell does that person know how well we scouted each prospect? Hes just going off what lip service Tomlin is providing. Of course Mike will never admit that we got the guy they wanted.

Face it from a draft perspective Artie Burns is not as a good as William Jackson. That's not saying that Burns cant be a good player, but from a draft standpoint we got the better corner. But this just goes to show that were still dealing with a bunch of delusional cry babies. Cry Cry Cry
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote