Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeler fans still struggling...
I get throwing some people off with little things like not having as many official visits and what not, but they went all out on them. They did dinners, visits, 1:1s, etc.

You're sitting here telling me they wasted all that time just to trick us? Lol. mmm-kay
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nobody knows right now who got the "better" player. Burns could be a future Hall-of-Famer or a bust. Same with WJ3. Nobody knows!! Bragging about getting a guy or thinking you pulled the wool over the eyes of another team after a draft is stupid.

The draft is a pure crap-shoot. Nobody can predict future greatness and if they say they can, they are lying.
Reply/Quote
When you draft BPA, you will always snipe a player from one team or another.. Just a Pitt faithful trying to cope lol
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 10:45 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Nobody knows right now who got the "better" player. Burns could be a future Hall-of-Famer or a bust. Same with WJ3. Nobody knows!! Bragging about getting a guy or thinking you pulled the wool over the eyes of another team after a draft is stupid.

The draft is a pure crap-shoot. Nobody can predict future greatness and if they say they can, they are lying.

They're just trying to make them selves feel better because we took the guy they wanted all along. Pure and simple.

They hate losing to us, in any fashion. Knowing this gives me a sense of joy.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:08 AM)Shady Wrote: I only hope Jackson and Billings make Big Ben's games against us a living hell for him. Their fans wanted both of those guys.

(05-10-2016, 04:11 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: To be fair, a lot of fans wanted both of those guys. And it's not hard to understand why.

I may have wanted Docston the most, I still like the Jackson pick a lot. He's a very good player. Billings is one of my favorite players in this draft

And to get them both is just insane. However we got Jackson III and Billings is great.

But i must admit it is even sweeter knowing that the Stooler fans really wanted both of them as well. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 11:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: To come to terms with getting shook by the Bengals.

http://stillcurtain.com/2016/05/08/did-bengals-fall-victim-to-tomlin-smokescreen/

Everyone "knew" the Bengals had their eye on a wideout. Unless Tomlin was in cahoots with Jay Gruden then I doubt he's that smart.

Hilarious Hilarious .....oh my, how embarrassing for them.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
**** the steelers
Reply/Quote
Next thing you know Tomlin knows how to do the Vulcan mind meld thing and did it to Marvin back when he was their linebackers coach..
Wait! We threw the playoff game JUST so we could pick ahead of them in the draft..Burfict and Jones get their marching orders from Mike Brown to let the squeelers get the fg!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 02:40 PM)grampahol Wrote: Next thing you know Tomlin knows how to do the Vulcan mind meld thing and did it to Marvin back when he was their linebackers coach..
Wait!  We threw the playoff game JUST so we could pick ahead of them in the draft..Burfict and Jones get their marching orders from Mike Brown to let the squeelers get the fg!

Umm...Marvin Lewis was the Steelers LB coach from 1992-1995. Tomlin didn't coach anywhere in the NFL until 2001 as a DB coach for TB. He didn't become the Steelers HC until 2007.

[Image: samsonite-i-was-way-off-o.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 03:44 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The same guy who wrote this article also did a final mock where the Steelers got William Jackson. Dude has been on his bandwagon for awhile.

Fact is, Bengals lost out on WRs and went BPA

This. 

Why on earth would anyone think that the Bengals' staff would be influenced on the quality of a prospect by the kind of attention Tomlin paid to him or any other player.

Every team ranks their board based on what they have seen on film or in person - not on how they think an opposing coach ranks them.  We simply took the player we liked best still on the board.
Reply/Quote
It kind of reminds me of North Korean political propaganda, talking about the Great Leader.
Reply/Quote
I honestly thought this was an Onion article.

The Bengals were not duped by the Steelers. We took the guy that they wanted. That's it.

The icing on the cake was reading the draft thread on their boards. They were pissed about missing out on WJ3 and Billings.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I've got to read the draft thread! I read one from another Steelers board and they were heart broken..

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
No, no.. we only drafted inferior players ahead of them to insure that we get to draft ahead of them year after year except for the years we don't.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Even Jackson admitted he was set to be a Steeler before we drafted him.
Reply/Quote
Well at least the article was based in fact and not conjecture or anything.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Hilarious, Jackson was rated as high as the 2nd best cb and some think his overall game is just as good as Ramsey's.
I will admit, Burns was a darkhorse, and in time he might develop well, but again he will need more time than Jackson will before he can become an impact player.

I still believe Jackson was their guy no matter how they try to spin it.
Reply/Quote
http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/tomlin-tricked-the-bengals.14540/

Here's a thread on the Steelers forums discussing the same article haha.

Most of them agree its a face saving article.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 07:58 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/tomlin-tricked-the-bengals.14540/

Hey, I got a nice shout out on page 4 there.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 07:58 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/tomlin-tricked-the-bengals.14540/

Seems most of them get it as well.  The Steelers didn't dupe the Bengals, and the Bengals didn't pull one on the Steelers. Tomlin trying to dupe the Bengals on a corner makes no sense as the Bengals were likely going to pick a receiver had the run on them not happened.  No telling who is going to be the better one until they play, but I'm pretty sure both teams did what they thought was best for their team, and not worrying about getting one over on the other.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote