Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeler's Had their Way with Joe
https://www.nfl.com/news/t-j-watt-steelers-wanted-to-welcome-joe-burrow-to-afc-north-in-appropriate-way

No accident, this comes from the coaching staff instilling toughness into their team. Why do we let an aging QB run us over without a fight. Ben has more wins against us than any other QB in Bengal's history, yet we treat him with respect versus wanting to destroy the guy.

That is the difference in the NFL between winning and losing. Tomlin and Harbaugh have it, ZT and our owners do not. It all starts at the top. Then find the guys to execute like Watt and Heyworth.

If this is not sent to every Bengal's players today, it will never change. Watt and defense of the Steelers are laughing at Burrow and the Bengals again. At ML had us competitive against the beasts of the AFCN, in fact he had the Raven's number. ZT needs to take off his panties and put his big boy pants on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Next game will be more competitive. Burrow will do everything he can to improve himself. I will question the rest of the team however.
Reply/Quote
add the Ravens.. Burrow stat line against our top two teams in the Division are not good at all.. 1 TD 400 total yards passing with a 70 passer rating... Hope he can turn it around when we play them at home later in season especially the Ravens, they seem to be on a tail spin right now
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: add the Ravens.. Burrow stat line against our top two teams in the Division are not good at all.. 1 TD 400 total yards passing with a 70 passer rating... Hope he can turn it around when we play them at home later in season especially the Ravens, they seem to be on a tail spin right now

No doubt and Browns are getting tougher too.

Ravens and Steelers do not want to tackle you, they want the ball, they want to hurt you as they take a player to the ground. Us, at times it is like we play 2 hand touch. A sharp contrast and since AFCN not changing anytime soon, ZT better learn the toughness it takes to compete against these teams. Lose them every year and no shot to win anthing.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Let's see how he does the next 4 games. This is our most winnable stretch of games. We really need to go 3-1 to feel halfway decent about the season. Hopefully it will build some rapport and confidence going into our last 2 divisional games.
Reply/Quote
Planting the seed for (more) years to come.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
TJ Watt is a POS. Should have been flagged twice yesterday. It’s easy to welcome QBs to the league when there are no repercussions.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
What about Dupree's punk ass shove, out of bounds, on the Bengals sideline? On the Bengals Bench. Not one Bengals player took up for Burrow. One thing about Burfict and Pacman, they would have stood up for him. I do miss that. They were a little over the top sometimes but sometimes it's necessary.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: TJ Watt is a POS. Should have been flagged twice yesterday. It’s easy to welcome QBs to the league when there are no repercussions.

He may be a POS, but he gets away with it unlike the one thumper we had Burfict.

We have a bunch of ******* playing defense for us, Watt is no pansy.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He may be a POS, but he gets away with it unlike the one thumper we had Burfict.

We have a bunch of BACKUPS playing defense for us, Watt is no pansy.

^  Fixed it for ya!
Reply/Quote
Burrow can improve by miles, but until the coaches become competent and have the entire team ready to beat the Steelers the losses will continue to mount.

This was the Burrow's first game against the Steelers and it won't be his last. It's just too bad the coaching staff doesn't have the desire to improve the way Burrow does.

It's time to face the fact that Taylor is going to go 0-6 in the AFC North this season and 1-11 in his two seasons. That's just God awful bad with no real improvement in sight.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:47 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Burrow can improve by miles, but until the coaches become competent and have the entire team ready to beat the Steelers the losses will continue to mount.

This was the Burrow's first game against the Steelers and it won't be his last. It's just too bad the coaching staff doesn't have the desire to improve the way Burrow does.

It's time to face the fact that Taylor is going to go 0-6 in the AFC North this season and 1-11 in his two seasons. That's just God awful bad with no real improvement in sight.

I'd settle just for coaches having the team they started with.  My gosh, our defense isn't even close to what it should've been!  

As far as the coaching staff not having the desire to improve, do you mean how we spent way more in FA than I can ever remember, or trading a player for the first time since I can remember, or adding players nearly weekly to make the team better?  Is that them not caring?  Cmon. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:50 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I'd settle just for coaches having the team they started with.  My gosh, our defense isn't even close to what it should've been!  

As far as the coaching staff not having the desire to improve, do you mean how we spent way more in FA than I can ever remember, or trading a player for the first time since I can remember, or adding players nearly weekly to make the team better?  Is that them not caring?  Cmon. 

More excuses. You did know that an excuse is an acceptance of failure. I'm sure someone taught that to you when you were young, didn't they?

Taylor is full of excuses. It's a bad sign and a sign that he's not going to win.

His "Think good thoughts about ourselves while we lose games" culture is a failure. He needs to go before he destroys the team entirely.

And, by the way, spending in free agency is not up to the coaches in the Bengals organization and never has been. Nothing to do with Taylor other than we had some say in who they signed, not how much they had to spend. AJ Green was part of that, so was Hart before that.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:03 PM)BengalChris Wrote: More excuses. You did know that an excuse is an acceptance of failure. I'm sure someone taught that to you when you were young, didn't they?

Taylor is full of excuses. It's a bad sign and a sign that he's not going to win.

His "Think good thoughts about ourselves while we lose games" culture is a failure. He needs to go before he destroys the team entirely.

And, by the way, spending in free agency is not up to the coaches in the Bengals organization and never has been. Nothing to do with Taylor other than we had some say in who they signed, not how much they had to spend. AJ Green was part of that, so was Hart before that.

Steelers had their way with Zac Taylor is more accurate.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/t-j-watt-steelers-wanted-to-welcome-joe-burrow-to-afc-north-in-appropriate-way

No accident, this comes from the coaching staff instilling toughness into their team. Why do we let an aging QB run us over without a fight. Ben has more wins against us than any other QB in Bengal's history, yet we treat him with respect versus wanting to destroy the guy.

That is the difference in the NFL between winning and losing. Tomlin and Harbaugh have it, ZT and our owners do not. It all starts at the top. Then find the guys to execute like Watt and Heyworth.

If this is not sent to every Bengal's players today, it will never change. Watt and defense of the Steelers are laughing at Burrow and the Bengals again. At ML had us competitive against the beasts of the AFCN, in fact he had the Raven's number. ZT needs to take off his panties and put his big boy pants on.

None of our QBs historically, have ever won more than 24 games?

huh?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Steelers had their way with Zac Taylor is more accurate.

Absolutely! Taylor and his pals had no answers and certainly didn't have the team ready.

I'm 100% convinced that Burrow saw looks from Pittsburgh that he'd never seen before and wasn't prepared for. You would think that Taylor and his pals would have been more ready for this game given that they had two weeks.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: None of our QBs historically, have ever won more than 24 games?

huh?

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/14/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-cincinnati-bengals-nfl-2020/

Which part did you not understand? Of any QB that has played the Bengals multiple times, Ben has more wins than any of them. 

He owns the Bengals (and the Browns) so he owns Ohio NFL teams.

Reply/Quote
Honestly, I was impressed. Burrow didn't force any throws. He didn't have any I thought might get picked. He didn't have any fumbles. He took care of the ball and took what the defense gave him--which wasn't much.

Yes he missed a couple throws but also dealt with a lot of drops and just well contested passes. He'll learn and get better. But the play calling didn't do him any favors.
Reply/Quote
It’s not Joe Burrow.

The Steelers have owned this franchised since MB took the helm!
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor asked ALOT of Joe Burrow and Wide Receivers yesterday. Taylor and Callahan really failed the offense yesterday with thr game plan they brought into Pittsburgh. They didnt try to disguise anything didnt run the ball when they needed too. They didnt try play action or RPOs. What they asked Joe Burrow and the Wide Receivers do isnt something you would ask any QB to do against a defense like Pittsburgh's.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote