Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeler's Had their Way with Joe
(11-16-2020, 04:43 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Honestly, I was impressed. Burrow didn't force any throws. He didn't have any I thought might get picked. He didn't have any fumbles. He took care of the ball and took what the defense gave him--which wasn't much.

Yes he missed a couple throws but also dealt with a lot of drops and just well contested passes. He'll learn and get better. But the play calling didn't do him any favors.

Agreed. He wasn’t good, but he also wasn’t terrible. He actually had a better game vs the Steelers than Lamar did. And Lamar has been in the league 3 years, and just won MVP.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Zac Taylor asked ALOT of Joe Burrow and Wide Receivers yesterday. Taylor and Callahan really failed the offense yesterday with thr game plan they brought into Pittsburgh. They didnt try to disguise anything didnt run the ball when they needed too. They didnt try play action or RPOs. What they asked Joe Burrow and the Wide Receivers do isnt something you would ask any QB to do against a defense like Pittsburgh's.

This.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/14/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-cincinnati-bengals-nfl-2020/

Which part did you not understand? Of any QB that has played the Bengals multiple times, Ben has more wins than any of them. 

He owns the Bengals (and the Browns) so he owns Ohio NFL teams.

Quote:Ben has more wins against us than any other QB in Bengal's history

lol that reads as, "Ben has more wins against our team, than any Bengal QB has had in our history."

It should've been written, "against the Bengals, Ben has the most wins of any opposing QB in NFL history."

THAT makes more sense.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
A bit of a misleading headline by USA Today, if you ask me. Two sacks off of Four total hits is pretty much "run of the mill" for most NFL games. The bigger story here might be that Burrow orchestrated 3 TD drives against the vaunted Steeler Defense, yet two of them came off of the board due to penalties, one of them a very tick-tack call.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's never gonna change.. I have no faith at all that this team will ever get it right. I wish they would sell the team already and keep the Bengals name and Helmets.. I'm not from Ohio so I could care less... Enough is enough already..
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 08:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol that reads as, "Ben has more wins against our team, than any Bengal QB has had in our history."

It should've been written, "against the Bengals, Ben has the most wins of any opposing QB in NFL history."

THAT makes more sense.

Don't go speaking American better than us hoser...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Steelers had their way with Zac Taylor is more accurate.

At least they didn't do it with backups like they did on Monday night last year...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I said to fans in other threads that the Steelers were going to dominate the Bengals with exception of TOP and Teams. Turns out Erikson had his worse game in recent memory and I really feel his fumble, albeit not the reason the Bengals played so poorly or lost, had a significant impact on the psyche of the players.

The Bengals were poorly prepared and there is absolutely no excuse for this coaching staff to not have an adequate game plan after a week off to prepare. Taylor insists to have Burrow set the pace to set up the run, and the game may have played differently if the Bengals played physical running game. Especially given the weather. I know everyone may look at Burrow as GOAT right now, but he is just a rookie and still learning to read defenses. I am so pissed at the coaching staff at this point I haven't even been posting on the forum.

I know many think the Steelers play dirty and some do but according to Burrow, Steeler players held up on some hits. That minor push by Dupree was unnecessary and almost instinctive on his part, Burrow has to angle out of bounds sooner and he has to get rid of the damn ball. Too much is placed on this wonder kid and I know he welcomes it but this coaching staff is certainly not placing several players in position to be most successful. Burrow clearly did not play well, partly due to the conditions but his throw to Green was something to see as it died mid-air. Burrow just had a bad game partly because he was trying too much when in fact the other players were playing poorly except for a few, and the coaching staff did not adapt to the Steeler defense. Sad.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:43 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Honestly, I was impressed. Burrow didn't force any throws. He didn't have any I thought might get picked. He didn't have any fumbles. He took care of the ball and took what the defense gave him--which wasn't much.

Yes he missed a couple throws but also dealt with a lot of drops and just well contested passes. He'll learn and get better. But the play calling didn't do him any favors.
I saw different  seem to focused on one WR , accuracy was off and 3rd downs was just plain bad. Stat line supports that out
Reply/Quote

I agree he missed a couple but his receivers also let him down. Tate dropped what would be two 1st downs, and AJ had hisself maybe the worst game of his career. My qualm was the persistent throwing the out route Joe Haden’s way. It wasn’t working so don’t know why they tried to force it.

As an aside the Watt sack should have been a PF. He landed his entire body weight on Joe and did not try going off to the side. That by itself is a PF, but they were in Pitt so of course anything goes for them.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I saw different  seem to focused on one WR , accuracy was off and 3rd downs was just plain bad. Stat line supports that out

What are you talking about? He spread the ball around a ton.

Higgins 9 targets
Boyd 8 targets
AJ 5 targets
Gio 7 targets
Tate 4 targets
Sample 2 targets
Thomas 2 targets
Perine 1 target

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2020/11/16/21566944/cincinnati-bengals-joe-burrow-targets-steelers-nfl-week-10

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I saw different   seem to focused on one WR , accuracy was off and 3rd downs was just plain bad. Stat line supports  that out

There were certainly times yesterday that Burrow went to the wrong read. There were a couple where he had Gio for 15 and took a shot downfield. But overall Burrow wasn't set up for success with the game plan. He'll do better next time, but if the coaching isn't better they won't have a shot at winning.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 09:42 PM)jason Wrote: At least they didn't do it with backups like they did on Monday night last year...

Remember that game oh maybe 2016 ? They had like 6 or 7 starters out. Everybody was like yep Pittsburgh is ripe for the taking. Game started out just like this last one penalties, turnovers, botched plays. We looked up and it was like 21-0. We ended up losing like 34-9 or something.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 11:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What are you talking about? He spread the ball around a ton.

Higgins 9 targets
Boyd 8 targets
AJ 5 targets
Gio 7 targets
Tate 4 targets
Sample 2 targets
Thomas 2 targets
Perine 1 target

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2020/11/16/21566944/cincinnati-bengals-joe-burrow-targets-steelers-nfl-week-10

You can lead a hater to water but you can't make him see. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 12:46 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Remember that game oh maybe 2016 ? They had like 6 or 7 starters out. Everybody was like yep Pittsburgh is ripe for the taking. Game started out just like this last one penalties, turnovers, botched plays. We looked up and it was like 21-0. We ended up losing like 34-9 or something.

I'm not sure... I remember them playing Pittsburgh early that year while Burfict was suspended for the AB hit. I remember DeAngelo Williams killing us that day. Might be the same game... But they're usually all the same when it comes to the Steelers.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:03 PM)BengalChris Wrote: More excuses. You did know that an excuse is an acceptance of failure. I'm sure someone taught that to you when you were young, didn't they?

Taylor is full of excuses. It's a bad sign and a sign that he's not going to win.

His "Think good thoughts about ourselves while we lose games" culture is a failure. He needs to go before he destroys the team entirely.

And, by the way, spending in free agency is not up to the coaches in the Bengals organization and never has been. Nothing to do with Taylor other than we had some say in who they signed, not how much they had to spend. AJ Green was part of that, so was Hart before that.

Could not agree more, didn't mind it when they signed him mainly because I knew very little about him.  Now that I know who he is, I want nothing more than to cut ties with him before he destroys the team more than he already has.  He inherited what, a 6 win team, and wont win 6 games in 2 seasons.  He is a joke, a good coach would have put their qb under center and ran the ball because of the weather... maybe like the patriots ravens game.  But ******* zt has burrow thow damn near 40 times.  Hes bad... like does not take anything into consideration bad.  He runs his offense with no account of the team he is playing, weather, or the personnel he has on the field.
Reply/Quote
We gonna praise these trash bastards that encourage injuring opponents, start fights on the sidelines and FIELD, trip return men, etc etc? **** these clowns and Goodell for continuing to allow it! All this was is code for "if we can get a cheap shot, we'll take it". And they DID. TWICE. **** Pittsburgh....and praising these pukes for ANYTHING is straight up Bush League.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote