Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeler's worried about threat
(01-14-2016, 07:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Shocked

Shazier could not have been "dancing over players after a big hit" in the Bengals game because he was returning a fumble for a TD.  One that got called back because of a quick whistle.

Please keep it to things that actually happened if you want to have a better chance of being correct.

https://vine.co/v/ihl7uPF2vWP

Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 07:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Shocked

Shazier could not have been "dancing over players after a big hit" in the Bengals game because he was returning a fumble for a TD.  One that got called back because of a quick whistle.

Please keep it to things that actually happened if you want to have a better chance of being correct.

Quote:"You saw Ryan Shazier’s clean hit on Gio Bernard during Saturday’s game, but did you see Antwon Blake & Shazier celebrating the big hit with a tandem dance routine. I’m still laughing!

Here’s the deal with the Shazier hit: Bernard shouldn’t have lowered his head into Shazier’s helmet. This one’s on Bernard. It’s his fault that it was a helmet to helmet. Shazier didn’t launch himself. You clearly see that he had no intent to go helmet-to-helmet. He was just making a football move and Bernard nearly died.

That’s on him. Be a better football player and those things won’t happen. Good for Blake and Shazier dancing. That was a huge play and should’ve gone for a touchdown."

Mellow Mellow Mellow Mellow

...and as to the bolded, couldn't the same be said about Brown? Mellow

http://bustedcoverage.com/2016/01/11/antwon-blake-ryan-shazier-dance-after-shazier-nearly-killed-gio-bernard-i-cant-stop-laughing/

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 12:49 AM)pally Wrote: just shaking my head......

from PFT

Steelers’ OL says league should look at Broncos’ “bounty”

Posted by Zac Jackson on January 13, 2016, 9:23 PM EST
PITTSBURGH, PA - OCTOBER 07:  Ramon Foster #73 of the Pittsburgh Steelers lines up during the game against the Philadelphia Eagles on October 7, 2012 at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  (Photo by Joe Sargent/Getty Images)
Getty Images
A hit by Steelers center Cody Wallace ended the season of Broncos safety David Bruton when the teams met in the regular season last month.

Broncos safety Darian Stewart told reporters this week that Wallace is “going to be sore” after Sunday’s AFC divisional playoff game between the teams, then was a little less vague about his plans to go low on Wallace.

“I’m cutting him,” Stewart said.

That got the attention of Steelers guard Ramon Foster, who asked that the league office keep an eye on Stewart.

“You put that kind of stuff out there, that just gives you a bigger bullseye,” Foster said, per the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Hopefully the refs will be looking at that. The league needs to look at that because that’s making a bounty. So, you want to talk about safety? Address that. Take a stand on that. They made a bounty on a guy who hadn’t done anything to him.”

Stewart said he will keep it “between the lines, between the whistles” but told reporters that Wallace “better not come at me.”

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO Cry Cry Cry Cry Cheers

"Like the Good Book says, you got to reap just what you sow...."

~The Grateful Dead

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: Mellow Mellow Mellow Mellow

...and as to the bolded, couldn't the same be said about Brown? Mellow

http://bustedcoverage.com/2016/01/11/antwon-blake-ryan-shazier-dance-after-shazier-nearly-killed-gio-bernard-i-cant-stop-laughing/

The celebrated the TD.  I don't disagree that normal people (not pro football players) wouldn't do that while the guy is knocked out.  They still were not dancing over his lifeless body.  

As to the hit on Brown I don't know how else he could have prepared for it.  Burfict cocked his arm and drove his shoulder into his head.  Now if Burfict has hit with his helmet then the same would apply I guess.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: The celebrated the TD.  I don't disagree that normal people (not pro football players) wouldn't do that while the guy is knocked out.  They still were not dancing over his lifeless body.  

As to the hit on Brown I don't know how else he could have prepared for it.  Burfict cocked his arm and drove his shoulder into his head.  Now if Burfict has hit with his helmet then the same would apply I guess.

Mellow

So why did they continue to celebrate on the sideline after the TD was called back?  Why were they celebrating on the 50 yard line to start with, and not in the endzone? 

[Image: c-mon-man-o.gif]

Come on man!

[Image: Spin-Doctor.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: So why did they continue to celebrate on the sideline after the TD was called back?  Why were they celebrating on the 50 yard line to start with, and not in the endzone? 

[Image: c-mon-man-o.gif]

Come on man!

[Image: Spin-Doctor.jpg]

I thought I made this clear:

(01-15-2016, 10:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: The celebrated the TD.  I don't disagree that normal people (not pro football players) wouldn't do that while the guy is knocked out.  They still were not dancing over his lifeless body.  

I have no idea why they went to the 50 to celebrate.  The sideline would make more sense.  I suppose they were just celebrating a "big play".  And were very excited.

I'm not excusing them.  I'm answering your question as best I can as I am not them.   ThumbsUp
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Didn't Shazier also dance over Marvin Jones on the Mitchell hit in a game this year? Going from memory.But I think he did. And in this game they are celebrating injuring Gio by dancing on the Bengals logo. That sums up the Steelers right there. GmDino you are defending low lifes and the rest of the league is starting to notice. Goedell can only protect your team and players so much. Now it's Denvers turn.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: I thought I made this clear:

I have no idea why they went to the 50 to celebrate.  The sideline would make more sense.  I suppose they were just celebrating a "big play".  And were very excited.

I'm not excusing them.  I'm answering your question as best I can as I am not them.   ThumbsUp

Dude......I've been involved in football for 33 years this summer, and I've NEVER seen anyone run to the 50 yardline to celebrate a TD, not even my big lineman ass on a returned fumble in jayvee football.  You ESPECIALLY don't go back a few yards away from an injured opponent and do it.  I've played.  You do that shit at midfield, you're showing up your competitor, and guess what happens when you do something like that on my home turf to boot?  Believe it or not, there are certain unspoken rules out there between those sidelines.

They felt Burfict celebrated after the hit on Bell (which, personally, I've never seen video evidence to corroborate that assertion, nor the spitting), and they went out there to one up him.  It's that simple.  Then, to carry on the hi jinks on the sidelines AFTER the TD was called back just further illustrates my point.  

I know we all like our teams and all, but let's get real here, the intent wasn't to celebrate a TD that had been called back.  Hell, I even called for Peko to be ejected, and have said that Burfict went for a shot on Brown....although I DO believe that he was aiming for a body shot, but Brown twisted into his path....aided by a shove from Chris Lewis-Harris.  I acknowledge the guy is rough.  I also acknowledge that the placement of the crown of the helmet to Bernard's chinstrap area looked eerily similar to the shots on Rivers and Huber.  What kind of tackling/blocking technique are they teaching up there?

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:09 AM)tigerseye Wrote: Didn't Shazier also dance over Marvin Jones on the Mitchell hit in a game this year? Going from memory.But I think he did. And in this game they are celebrating injuring Gio by dancing on the Bengals logo. That sums up the Steelers right there. GmDino you are defending low lifes and the rest of the league is starting to notice. Goedell can only protect your team and players so much. Now it's Denvers turn.

I don't think it was Shazier....I remember the hit, but I believe it was a DB.  Could be wrong though.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: Dude......I've been involved in football for 33 years this summer, and I've NEVER seen anyone run to the 50 yardline to celebrate a TD, not even my big lineman ass on a returned fumble in jayvee football.  You ESPECIALLY don't go back a few yards away from an injured opponent and do it.  I've played.  You do that shit at midfield, you're showing up your competitor, and guess what happens when you do something like that on my home turf to boot?  Believe it or not, there are certain unspoken rules out there between those sidelines.

Mellow

ThumbsUp

(01-15-2016, 11:15 AM)Wyche Wrote:  They felt Burfict celebrated after the hit on Bell (which, personally, I've never seen video evidence to corroborate that assertion, nor the spitting), and they went out there to one up him.  It's that simple.  Then, to carry on the hi jinks on the sidelines AFTER the TD was called back just further illustrates my point.  

I didn't think Burfict celebrated hurting Bell.  I didn't understand celebrating stopping him after an 8 or 9 yard gain on first down either though.  

I also think Shazier thought he could be awarded the TD on review...I had people at the party we were at who thought the same and I had to correct them that since the whistle blew all they could review is the fumble and a clear recovery.

Ain't no secret they were ALL jacked up and excited about this game.  The Steelers might have celebrated to long, in the wrong places and for the wrong reasons...but the Bengals let it affect their play and behavior ON the field and it cost them.

(01-15-2016, 11:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: I know we all like our teams and all, but let's get real here, the intent wasn't to celebrate a TD that had been called back.  Hell, I even called for Peko to be ejected, and have said that Burfict went for a shot on Brown....although I DO believe that he was aiming for a body shot, but Brown twisted into his path....aided by a shove from Chris Lewis-Harris.

Near as I can tell, and from what I have read elsewhere,  Shazier may have been trying to put his helmet on the ball and missed.

(01-15-2016, 11:15 AM)Wyche Wrote:  I acknowledge the guy is rough.  I also acknowledge that the placement of the crown of the helmet to Bernard's chinstrap area looked eerily similar to the shots on Rivers and Huber.  What kind of tackling technique are they teaching up there?

Again,  *I* would call it spearing.  I've read that its not if he doesn't leave his feet, blah, blah.  And given the inconsistency with officials this season I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a call there.

Also...

(01-15-2016, 10:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: I thought I made this clear:

I'm not excusing them.  I'm answering your question as best I can as I am not them.
  ThumbsUp
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

ThumbsUp

I didn't think Burfict celebrated hurting Bell.  I didn't understand celebrating stopping him after an 8 or 9 yard gain on first down either though.  

I also think Shazier thought he could be awarded the TD on review...I had people at the party we were at who thought the same and I had to correct them that since the whistle blew all they could review is the fumble and a clear recovery.

Ain't no secret they were ALL jacked up and excited about this game.  The Steelers might have celebrated to long, in the wrong places and for the wrong reasons...but the Bengals let it affect their play and behavior ON the field and it cost them.

Near as I can tell, and from what I have read elsewhere,  Shazier may have been trying to put his helmet on the ball and missed.

Again,  *I* would call it spearing.  I've read that its not if he doesn't leave his feet, blah, blah.  And given the inconsistency with officials this season I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a call there.

Also...

So, you linked to a known asshole doing that I had forgotten about, thanks for proving my point about showing the opposition up. ThumbsUp 

I don't hink Burfict did celebrate, I haven't seen it.  Go back and note that I said "They felt Burfict......"   Tongue

Is what it is.....opposing viewpoints.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: So, you linked to a known asshole doing that I had forgotten about, thanks for proving my point about showing the opposition up. ThumbsUp 

I don't hink Burfict did celebrate, I haven't seen it.  Go back and note that I said "They felt Burfict......"   Tongue

Is what it is.....opposing viewpoints.

I know you just forgot...but I had to!   Cool

And I was agreeing with you about Burfict.  

Actually I'm kind of agreeing with you almost entirely...I don't like the crazy celebrations in general and especially if a guy is hurt.  I just can't answer for Shazier. 
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: I know you just forgot...but I had to!   Cool

And I was agreeing with you about Burfict.  

Actually I'm kind of agreeing with you almost entirely...I don't like the crazy celebrations in general and especially if a guy is hurt.  I just can't answer for Shazier. 

Rep.....I don't like them either, and was never a big fan of OchoStinko's antics, although I loved his heart and skills.

.....and yeah, I would have had to remind you of an oversight such as that myself! Smirk

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Actually I'm kind of agreeing with you almost entirely...I don't like the crazy celebrations in general and especially if a guy is hurt.  I just can't answer for Shazier. 

Yeah, I get so tired of the celebrations. I get a little chest bumping, and back slapping and what not, but move on.
Reply/Quote
Shazier dances over Marvin Jones and as he walks away from the Mitchell hit on Marvin Jones. Until he, remembers he is in front of a stadium full of people.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 08:07 PM)GMDino Wrote:
You forgot to switch back to your Luvnit account before wishing for injured players

Mellow

Seriously, you should be banned for making up cap like this as I never suggested injuring anyone and now you stoop to accusing me of being someone else. This is not the smack forum, if you want to be an idiot, keep it there but I don't appreciate malicious attacks on my reputation in this forum.This is not the proper place.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 04:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Seriously, you should be banned for making up cap like this as I never suggested injuring anyone and now you stoop to accusing me of being someone else. This is not the smack forum, if you want to be an idiot, keep it there but I don't appreciate malicious attacks on my reputation in this forum.This is not the proper place.

Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 04:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Seriously, you should be banned for making up cap like this as I never suggested injuring anyone and now you stoop to accusing me of being someone else. This is not the smack forum, if you want to be an idiot, keep it there but I don't appreciate malicious attacks on my reputation in this forum.This is not the proper place.

You should be banned for being 100% pure *****.   Smirk

Malicious attacks on your reputation, lol.  Your reputation is already shitty.
Reply/Quote

You are like the 10th account that I am supposed to also maintain.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You are like the 10th account that I am supposed to also maintain.

Well, you save your most inane drivel to spew out on this account. LOL
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote