Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steeler week
Sunday can't come soon enough for me. Whether we are 6-1 or 7-0 after this game, this team feels different to me. What I do see is that this group of players (rookies as well as veterans) aren't intimidated by anyone. In the past we have seen the Bengals fall behind, start blaming one another and just completely shutting down. I have seen it time and time again. We are healthy and we are GOOD! Our Rookies are just a little cocky and I gotta say I like it. Dalton is a good as the players around him and this roster is full of amazing players. He may never have an arm like Breeze or a football mind like Brady or Manning or the footwork of Rodgers but as long as he keeps making good choices on his passes and listening to Hue Jackson, I am confident in what he can do. I have seen Super Bowls won with an "average" QB and I don't think Dalton is average. You can tell how much time he spent on his mechanics in the off season. He looks like a leader this year and that's what I have been waiting to see. Sure he will make mistakes, they all do but this year he puts it behind him and its on to the next play which is what a good QB does. I look forward to Sunday-we aren't scared ---- we are ready folks! Who-Dey!
Reply/Quote
I'm only scared about a couple things: dirtbagging injuries to key players and officiating.

I know this Bengals team can hang 24 on the steelers, and I think the Bengals defense will keep them to less than that. Special teams is a push, as both have dynamic returners (although I would be surprised to see Jones as they will need him in coverage) and the Bengals have the better punter and kicker.

It just seems so certain that they will try to injure Dalton, AJ, or someone line Geno. I hope the NFL is watching this game closely for both injuries and officiating, which I thought was pathetic in last nights MNF game. Damn, do these guys know what forward progress is at all?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am not worried. I can't say 100% that we will definitely win, but I know that we are fully capable of doing so.
Reply/Quote
After an ugly loss to the Chiefs on Sunday, the Squealers (now 4-3) will be mad as tipped-over hornet's nest. Not unlike last year when we played the Pats (who suffered an embarassing loss) the week after the bye.

The Squealers are gonna give the bengals their best shot. The Squealers know that the playoffs will be iffy if they drop to 4-4 and I think that will bring out the "bully" in them.

The Bengals, on the other hand, know that one loss does not a season make. I have a gut feeling that the Bengals simply will not be able to match the Squealers' intensity, simply because this is a "make or break" game for the Squealers and it is not for the Bengals.

Can this version of the Bengals play with the Squealers? Of course. Will they? We'll knw by 4:00 on Sunday afternoon.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers have struggled all year to cover tight ends. My fear is that their gameplan involves going at Eifert's head. In my opinion, that dirty crud is the real "Steeler Football."
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 11:07 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: After an ugly loss to the Chiefs on Sunday, the Squealers (now 4-3) will be mad as tipped-over hornet's nest. Not unlike last year when we played the Pats (who suffered an embarassing loss) the week after the bye.

The Squealers are gonna give the bengals their best shot. The Squealers know that the playoffs will be iffy if they drop to 4-4 and I think that will bring out the "bully" in them.

The Bengals, on the other hand, know that one loss does not a season make. I have a gut feeling that the Bengals simply will not be able to match the Squealers' intensity, simply because this is a "make or break" game for the Squealers and it is not for the Bengals.

Can this version of the Bengals play with the Squealers? Of course. Will they? We'll knw by 4:00 on Sunday afternoon.

The bad team from Pitt may be mad, but that doesn't mean they're talented enough to do much more than have a temper tantrum about it.  This is a game Cincinnati will be up for as much as any game they play this year.  Don't think this team is looking at their 6-0 right now thinking a loss to The Steelers doesn't mean anything to them.  I'd have to say, there should be a playoff feel to this game.

Now, to use your argument, that doesn't mean they won't lose to Cleveland, even though they shouldn't.  Best thing about the Cleveland game is that it's prime time... And even though they passed that hump last year, the lingering conventional wisdom may be enough motivation for the team to play even that game with a chip on their shoulders.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 09:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm only scared about a couple things:  dirtbagging injuries to key players and officiating.

I know this Bengals team can hang 24 on the steelers, and I think the Bengals defense will keep them to less than that.   Special teams is a push, as both have dynamic returners (although I would be surprised to see Jones as they will need him in coverage) and the Bengals have the better punter and kicker.  

It just seems so certain that they will try to injure Dalton, AJ, or someone line Geno.  I hope the NFL is watching this game closely for both injuries and officiating, which I thought was pathetic in last nights MNF game.  Damn, do these guys know what forward progress is at all?

Sad reality is, as was seen with Huber, 2 years ago, they don't care what fines or suspensions they get, which makes that a dangerous situation.

From a Bengals standpoint, once the injury occurs, its a done deal regardless of the punishment/penalty.
Reply/Quote