Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Steelers Are Falling Apart!
Now Brown wants to be traded! Their line is dog shit and old, Ben's 36 and has taken a beating, and now the Killer Bees will be reduced to just the Killer Rapist!

Are Steelers fans getting worried yet?!
Reply/Quote
For sure.

They are too old....maybe too young.

It's like going from black and white to color.

The end is nigh!

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Does there really need to be like 5 threads about the same thing? The smack isn't any more original in each one, so I feel like one thread about the Brown drama is enough.

It's like when media organizations make catchy headlines to get clicks but what's in the article is garbage.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Does there really need to be like 5 threads about the same thing? The smack isn't any more original in each one, so I feel like one thread about the Brown drama is enough.

It's like when media organizations make catchy headlines to get clicks but what's in the article is garbage.

You have to understand that they are in their glory right now. They’ve been predicting and waiting for this since the mid 90s. Especially the OP whose life revolves around his dislike for the Steelers. I’m sure he’s had a little chubby in his Ickey Woods Underoos for three days now.

The funny thing will be when the Steelers right the ship and (continue to) ***** slap the Bengals before they ever win a playoff game under their new HC Hue Jackson (book it).

Also to any Howard Stern listeners, is it me or does the OP give you thoughts of Eric the Midget? Every time he posts I can’t help but imagine him sitting in his power chair in his jammies online all day trolling people.

Ack ack!!
Reply/Quote
I feel like predicting the Steelers downfall has been like predicting the Browns will be respectable again: I'll believe it when I see it.

Then again, Browns are definitely looking to be on the rise, so maybe the broken clock will be right twice.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's like when media organizations make catchy headlines to get clicks but what's in the article is garbage.

The Brad Classic
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Does there really need to be like 5 threads about the same thing? The smack isn't any more original in each one, so I feel like one thread about the Brown drama is enough.

(01-02-2019, 02:08 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You have to understand that they are in their glory right now. They’ve been predicting and waiting for this since the mid 90s. Especially the OP whose life revolves around his dislike for the Steelers. I’m sure he’s had a little chubby in his Ickey Woods Underoos for three days now.

The funny thing will be when the Steelers right the ship and (continue to) ***** slap the Bengals before they ever win a playoff game under their new HC Hue Jackson (book it).

Also to any Howard Stern listeners, is it me or does the OP give you thoughts of Eric the Midget? Every time he posts I can’t help but imagine him sitting in his power chair in his jammies online all day trolling people.

Ack ack!!

Around The Horn is a show on ESPN, which I know most Steelers fans don't watch because they deal with topics all over the NFL and all sports, whereas Steelers fans are all stuck in their circle-jerk bubbles, but even they were talking about how the Steelers organization has become a shit-show when they were once the pride of the NFL!

Steelers fans just attempt to smack talk with no substance to avoid the fact that their team will suck for at least the next few years!

If they cut or trade AB, they have a 20(?) million dollar cap hit!  Couple that with the fact that even the show said that Ben is at the end of his career, and your organization is screwed!

My life doesn't revolve around my dislike for the Steelers, I just find it hilarious that your organization is in the shitter and wonder what's going to become of all you Steelers fans that think you're God's gift to the world!
Reply/Quote
It's true. We have a a diva receiver with mental problems, and an incompetent coach who inexplicably won't be fired. PIT has pretty much become the bungals.

I've always said Giggles and Tomlin were the same coach - is that even a debate after this year?

Now we all know CIN isn't going anywhere any time soon....but at least you guys have hope of being better next year.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
I just never understand it. What exactly do players like Brown and Bell want? They were both considered the best at their positions. They are both rich and getting richer, and their team has a chance every year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 10:34 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I just never understand it.  What exactly do players like Brown and Bell want?  They were both considered the best at their positions.  They are both rich and getting richer, and their team has a chance every year.

IMHO:

Bell is just dumb.  He got an idea stuck in his head that he was the best and he had to be paid more than anyone else or he wasn't going to risk damaging his body at all.

Brown is dumb, but just on a personal level.  He thinks he is the best and has a better work ethic than Bell but he thinks he deserves to be treated differently because of it.  

Both are making it all about what they can get and not what they can do for the team.

Secondly they don't have a chance every year...and that's because of Tomlin.  His locker room is a shambles, his coaches are not held accountable, HE is not held accountable...at least by the people who matter (ownership/players).

The one thing Brown may be right about, and the one thing that might create a change in Pittsburgh, is that Tomlin does not have control over the players or the locker room.  They have succeeded in spite of his lack of leadership.  And with that void players like Ben tried to step in...only to become the target of people like Brown who don't want ANY discipline.

Again, just one man's opinion from the outside.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: IMHO:

Bell is just dumb.  He got an idea stuck in his head that he was the best and he had to be paid more than anyone else or he wasn't going to risk damaging his body at all.

Brown is dumb, but just on a personal level.  He thinks he is the best and has a better work ethic than Bell but he thinks he deserves to be treated differently because of it.  

Both are making it all about what they can get and not what they can do for the team.

Secondly they don't have a chance every year...and that's because of Tomlin.  His locker room is a shambles, his coaches are not held accountable, HE is not held accountable...at least by the people who matter (ownership/players).

The one thing Brown may be right about, and the one thing that might create a change in Pittsburgh, is that Tomlin does not have control over the players or the locker room.  They have succeeded in spite of his lack of leadership.  And with that void players like Ben tried to step in...only to become the target of people like Brown who don't want ANY discipline.

I'll say they have more of a chance than most do.  The Bengals have no chance.  Titans, Jacksonville, Jets, Giants, Miami, Tampa, etc have no chance.  If you have a top tier QB you have a chance.  With all the garbage this year, the Steelers were still within a whisker of making the playoffs where they have the talent to make a run.  

Now hearing this masked singer thing during the season, I don't think AB is happy just being the best receiver, he wants to be famous beyond football.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

As a fan, it saddens me any time a player(s) puts the needs of themselves above the team. The Steeler's gave Brown the opportunity to become great, pay him a ton of money and his ego gets the best of him.

As far as the Steelers making a run in 2018, yep any time you have a franchise QB who knows how to win big games with a boat load of great skilled players and great OL, you have a shot. I have no idea how that team can lose to a very bad Raider team. That one game cost them the division.

Brown is obviously a diva, my guess is the Steeler's (the Rooneys) choose to keep him, if so that is not on Tomlin in my opinion, it is on the owner and the GM. Either way, we all know the Steelers will overcome and be in the hunt every year, unlike our Bengals.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm still gonna wait til we're consistently beating the Steelers before I declare that they're falling apart. I know that's not very good smack, but it'll fit nicely in this thread
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I would trade Brown to the bungals for their first round pick in 2019 and 2020 plus Andrew Dalton. Steelers need a good backup qb till Rudolph is ready.
Reply/Quote
If Brown goes, so do any future 100 catch seasons from JuJu.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 08:08 PM)McC Wrote: If Brown goes, so do any future 100 catch seasons from JuJu.
They said the same thing in 2009 about Mike Wallace when they released Santonio Holmes.
They said the same thing in 2012 about Antonio Brown when they release Mike Wallace
They said the same thing in 2019.......

see a pattern here? 

What the one constant though? 

[Image: 4fA5.gif]
Reply/Quote

spot on 
100% correct all the way through.

One thing that I'll add.....I can respect Bell because I understand him wanting to get paid as much as possible. I won't begrudge him that. I still think he's overvalued himself and is a complete idiot for turning down $14.5M this year though.

Brown is a head scratcher. Greg Jennings pointed out that over the past 6 years, he's #1 in targets, #1 in receptions, #1 in yards, and #1 in TDs. And I'll add, part of a winning organization, with a HOF QB throwing him the ball, AND he's getting paid very very well.

So, what exactly is the problem? Why the beef? Theres absolutely no reason to act the way that he is. It make zero sense. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 01:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'll say they have more of a chance than most do.  The Bengals have no chance.  Titans, Jacksonville, Jets, Giants, Miami, Tampa, etc have no chance.  If you have a top tier QB you have a chance.  With all the garbage this year, the Steelers were still within a whisker of making the playoffs where they have the talent to make a run.  

Now hearing this masked singer thing during the season, I don't think AB is happy just being the best receiver, he wants to be famous beyond football.  

This.

This is why I chuckle when its said that AB is the best player on the team. He may be the best athlete. He may be better at his position in relation to other WRs in the league than Ben is at QB. But QBs make your team go round. Just look back over the past 18 years and only twice has there been a Super Bowl that hasn't featured a QB not named Brady, Manning, Brees, Rogers, or Roethlisberger. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 08:54 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They said the same thing in 2009 about Mike Wallace when they released Santonio Holmes.
They said the same thing in 2012 about Antonio Brown when they release Mike Wallace

see a pattern here? 

The future HOF QB who makes all those receivers look great.   Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 08:54 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They said the same thing in 2009 about Mike Wallace when they released Santonio Holmes.

see a pattern here? 

That .gif is creepy AND very apropos. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote