Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Steelers Are Falling Apart!
(01-03-2019, 08:59 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: spot on 
100% correct all the way through.

One thing that I'll add.....I can respect Bell because I understand him wanting to get paid as much as possible. I won't begrudge him that. I still think he's overvalued himself and is a complete idiot for turning down $14.5M this year though.

Brown is a head scratcher. Greg Jennings pointed out that over the past 6 years, he's #1 in targets, #1 in receptions, #1 in yards, and #1 in TDs. And I'll add, part of a winning organization, with a HOF QB throwing him the ball, AND he's getting paid very very well.

So, what exactly is the problem? Why the beef? Theres absolutely no reason to act the way that he is. It make zero sense. 

He's reached the pinnacle of divaness ! He believes the sun rises and sets because of him. He thinks every throw Ben makes should be to him. Every TD should be his, he is the NFL, in his own mind.

There's no room in his world for any other receivers, especially good ones like JUJU. The concept of team has no meaning to him, only me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know what the hell Brown is even pissed about? The targets from Fat Ben have always been there. I feel like nobody (in the media) is even asking this. It CANT be JuJu winning team mvp. Can’t be.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 08:54 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They said the same thing in 2009 about Mike Wallace when they released Santonio Holmes.
They said the same thing in 2012 about Antonio Brown when they release Mike Wallace
They said the same thing in 2019.......

see a pattern here? 

What the one constant though? 

[Image: 4fA5.gif]
Except Wallace never had a year with 100 receptions as a Steeler. Closest he got was 72 in 2011. 
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 12:15 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Except Wallace never had a year with 100 receptions as a Steeler. Closest he got was 72 in 2011. 

His point isnt about 100 receptions, it’s about the number 2 receiver benefiting from having a star in front of him.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:58 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Does anyone know what the hell Brown is even pissed about? The targets from Fat Ben have always been there. I feel like nobody (in the media) is even asking this. It CANT be JuJu winning team mvp. Can’t be.

People are starting the speculate that the team MVP was the trigger. Gregg Jennings is the only one that I’ve seen bring up the issue.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That .gif is creepy AND very apropos. 

Lol it is. Probably give college girls the creeps.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 08:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My life doesn't revolve around my dislike for the Steelers, I just find it hilarious that your organization is in the shitter and wonder what's going to become of all you Steelers fans that think you're God's gift to the world!

Could've fooled us.  Your caricaturization of Steeler fans tells a different story. 

By the way, that's a run-on sentence.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 09:53 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Could've fooled us.  Your caricaturization of Steeler fans tells a different story. 

By the way, that's a run-on sentence.  

You mean a roll on sentence.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 10:53 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You mean a roll on sentence.

Ha! LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 08:08 PM)McC Wrote: If Brown goes, so do any future 100 catch seasons from JuJu.

(01-03-2019, 08:54 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They said the same thing in 2009 about Mike Wallace when they released Santonio Holmes.
They said the same thing in 2012 about Antonio Brown when they release Mike Wallace
They said the same thing in 2019.......

see a pattern here? 

What the one constant though? 

[Image: 4fA5.gif]

(01-04-2019, 07:56 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: His point isnt about 100 receptions, it’s about the number 2 receiver benefiting from having a star in front of him.
Maybe but he did specifically mention 100 reception seasons which Wallace did not. And to be fair Wallace was never really a "star" and AB is pretty much in a league of his own as far as WR go so your argument is pretty weak.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:58 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Does anyone know what the hell Brown is even pissed about? The targets from Fat Ben have always been there. I feel like nobody (in the media)  is even asking this. It CANT be JuJu winning team mvp. Can’t be.

Could be.  Brown will turn 31 before next season.  He has a career where he could statistically lay claim to being the GoaT WR, but will never seriously challenge Jerry Rice if he doesn't win a SB.  The Steelers voted Juju MVP after he choked and fumbled away the game against the Saints, which kept them out of the playoffs.

The Steelers have only 5 playoff wins since Brown was drafted, and 2 of them were when he was a benchwarmer as a rookie.  His signature career play is still getting KTFO by Vontaze Burfict.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 04:06 PM)Whatever Wrote: Could be.  Brown will turn 31 before next season.  He has a career where he could statistically lay claim to being the GoaT WR, but will never seriously challenge Jerry Rice if he doesn't win a SB.  The Steelers voted Juju MVP after he choked and fumbled away the game against the Saints, which kept them out of the playoffs.

The Steelers have only 5 playoff wins since Brown was drafted, and 2 of them were when he was a benchwarmer as a rookie.  His signature career play is still getting KTFO by Vontaze Burfict.  

I just can't take Jerry Rice's stats seriously since he admitted to using stick 'em on his gloves. All his stats now should have an asterisk next to them.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 04:50 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I just can't take Jerry Rice's stats seriously since he admitted to using stick 'em on his gloves. All his stats now should have an asterisk next to them.

I just can't take Brown seriously in general.

Rice cheated with Stick Um.  Brown cheats with push offs and pick plays.  Both are overrated, IMO, but the overwhelming majority see Rice as the GoaT, and Brown needs that ring to lay a claim.
Reply/Quote
All those insults and the Steelers still beat the monkey piss out of the Bengals every damn time.

Maybe as a fan base we need to shut the hell up for awhile about it?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 04:50 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I just can't take Jerry Rice's stats seriously since he admitted to using stick 'em on his gloves. All his stats now should have an asterisk next to them.

You gonna asterisk the Lombardis in Pittsburgh during the 70s for steroid use?

I'm genuinely curious.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 02:54 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Maybe but he did specifically mention 100 reception seasons which Wallace did not. And to be fair Wallace was never really a "star" and AB is pretty much in a league of his own as far as WR go so your argument is pretty weak.

Lol, Jesus Christ kid, what the **** do you know? Are you a Steelers fan? Do you live in Pittsburgh? Or are you a Bengal fan of who knows just a little bit about what was going on with a rival team? You have no clue as to what the talk was both nationally or locally whenever Holmes and then Wallace were let go. 

What I said WAS the talk when those guys left the Steelers. That's a FACT not an argument. 

And Wallace wasn't a star? Lol. The guy was a machine his first 3 years in Pittsburgh to the point that he signed a monster contract with the Dolphins ($30M guaranteed, more than AJ Green) and was the 4th highest paid player in 2014. His lowest ypc average in his first 3 years was higher that ABs highest ypc season. Just because he fell flat on his face when he didn't have a HOF QB throwing him the ball anymore doesn't mean that wasn't a star when he was here. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 05:14 PM)Whatever Wrote: I just can't take Brown seriously in general.

Rice cheated with Stick Um.  Brown cheats with push offs and pick plays.  Both are overrated, IMO, but the overwhelming majority see Rice as the GoaT, and Brown needs that ring to lay a claim.

Blasphemy.

And more so with Rice than Brown.

Shame on you. 

Have you no respect for an NFL legend? 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 04:06 PM)Whatever Wrote: Could be.  Brown will turn 31 before next season.  He has a career where he could statistically lay claim to being the GoaT WR, but will never seriously challenge Jerry Rice if he doesn't win a SB.

AB seems to be trying to take the TO approach to the Hall of Fame moreso than the Jerry Rice approach.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 05:27 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You gonna asterisk the Lombardis in Pittsburgh during the 70s for steroid use?

I'm genuinely curious.

No, because every team was doing steroids back in the 70's before they were banned. Stick 'em was banned 5 years BEFORE he used them. He said before he used stick 'em, he was dropping more passes than catching. There's a huge difference. If the Stick 'em wasn't banned, than no I wouldn't put an asterisk next to his stats.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 05:14 PM)Whatever Wrote: I just can't take Brown seriously in general.

Oh, the great "push off" debate. What about the WR Bengals greats? Confused Oh wait. Nevermind.  Nervous
Reply/Quote