Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers @ Bengals … I’ll be there!
I have tickets to Steelers @ Bengals in a couple of weeks!

I won’t ask you to predict how the people around me will behave with a Steeler fan in attendance. This question always kind of amuses me because there’s no way you can effectively predict how a random handful of folks out of a crowd of tens of thousands will act. Besides, I’ve been around the block enough times to know that if I’m not a jerk, the vast majority of fans won’t be either, as long as you’re not in Philadelphia. LOL

But I will ask if any of you have any favorite concessions at Paycor, as well as any other tips you may have! My seats are on the 300 level on the visitors side of the field.

Also, can anyone recommend affordable parking? The last time I was in Pittsburgh, I found a garage within walking distance that was $5 for the game! Not expecting to find anything that good, but am willing to walk up to a mile for a good deal.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 04:06 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I have tickets to Steelers @ Bengals in a couple of weeks!  

I won’t ask you to predict how the people around me will behave with a Steeler fan in attendance.  This question always kind of amuses me because there’s no way you can effectively predict how a random handful of folks out of a crowd of tens of thousands will act.  Besides, I’ve been around the block enough times to know that if I’m not a jerk, the vast majority of fans won’t be either, as long as you’re not in Philadelphia. LOL

But I will ask if any of you have any favorite concessions at Paycor, as well as any other tips you may have!  My seats are on the 300 level on the visitors side of the field.

Also, can anyone recommend affordable parking?  The last time I was in Pittsburgh, I found a garage within walking distance that was $5 for the game!  Not expecting to find anything that good, but am willing to walk up to a mile for a good deal.

Ah Cincinnati. I've been there twice. First time was 2005. A buddy of mine wore his old Kordell Stewart jersey and man did the Bengal fans give it to him. He was verbally harassed and called a f*gg*t A LOT. It was a different time then and that was widely acceptable (oh the good ole days) and honestly the harassment was quite funny and probably deserved for wearing a KS jersey. It was so bad he had to reverse his shirt and put the jersey under the shirt that was under it originally. 

While in line, one drunk chick did ram into him repeatedly to the point where he was like 'okay chill' because she was nearly knocking him over. It wasn't a real bad type thing as we were joking with them, but I think she was probably just drunk and horny and thats the way those Cincitucky chicks show their affection. 

After that game (the Steelers won, of course) we did get a few more angrier yells and F You's on the way out. But overall, they were cool. 

The second time was two years ago for the Raiders playoff game. We really just wanted to get out of town and see a good playoff game in driving distance. We didn't have a rooting interest, so we we're low-key with our clothes. It was their game and I didn't want to parade around their turf like some obnoxious Yinzer with anything Steelers on. Since we were neutrally dressed, we did get a lot of questions and people were quite surprised that we came from Pittsburgh and appreciative that we weren't in Steelers clothes. 

I did wear a Pitt shirt under my jacket as Tyler Boyd is a Pitt grad, and I did roll up a Terrible Towel and stick in my jacket. Once inside and friendly with the locals I did pull out the Towel for some good luck and good fun for them. Most inside were cool with us, but a couple in front had a bit of an attitude. By the end of the game we did win those guys over too and joined in the celebration with them. I did find it funny on the way out there were several people yelling F-the Steelers. I mean, first playoff win in a generation and a half and Pittsburgh in on your mind? Weird. 

Overall though...I think it's a great place for a game day party. The stadium is kinda worn out a bit, but outside it the tits. They do it right. Their Freedom Way between the two stadiums is similar to Pittsburgh's North Shore Drive, but in Cincinnati, they block it off for game day. It's literally a giant street party with bands and concerts and all of the bars setting up serving stations outside. The Yard House is cool, but gets severely packed. Dare I say it, but I think they do tailgating and pregaming better than Pittsburgh. 

As for parking, we stayed at the Embassy Suites across the river and were planning on walking. But it was cold AF that day and it is a bit of a hike. That could be an option...stay at a local hotel and walk. 

We did however, park at the 3rd and Main garage. I cannot remember the price, but it wasn't outrageous. I want to guess $30. That was the perfect spot as it put us right near the beginning of Freedom Way and was an easy entry/exit. We did head over fairly early though and did grab something to eat afterwards. 

In all, I'd say you'll have a good time. I really like how they have everything set up around the stadium. It's similar to Pittsburgh, but by blocking the streets to traffic, it makes it soooo much better. 
Reply/Quote
I sat next to Steeler fans at the 2005 playoff game where Carson Palmer got hurt. I was one of the few wearing Bengals gear. Steeler fans basically took over the stadium. You will be surprised how many Steeler fans will be there for your game. Just mind your business and don't irk any Bengals fans on. You should try some Skyline Chili at the stadium. Enjoy the game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
As for parking, you can park downtown and walk to the game. Not sure how much it is these days. A few years ago it was $5. Might be $20 now. You can also ride the connector streetcar free of charge to the stadium from downtown.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 07:18 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Ah Cincinnati. I've been there twice. First time was 2005. A buddy of mine wore his old Kordell Stewart jersey and man did the Bengal fans give it to him. He was verbally harassed and called a f*gg*t A LOT. It was a different time then and that was widely acceptable (oh the good ole days) and honestly the harassment was quite funny and probably deserved for wearing a KS jersey. It was so bad he had to reverse his shirt and put the jersey under the shirt that was under it originally. 

While in line, one drunk chick did ram into him repeatedly to the point where he was like 'okay chill' because she was nearly knocking him over. It wasn't a real bad type thing as we were joking with them, but I think she was probably just drunk and horny and thats the way those Cincitucky chicks show their affection. 

After that game (the Steelers won, of course) we did get a few more angrier yells and F You's on the way out. But overall, they were cool. 

The second time was two years ago for the Raiders playoff game. We really just wanted to get out of town and see a good playoff game in driving distance. We didn't have a rooting interest, so we we're low-key with our clothes. It was their game and I didn't want to parade around their turf like some obnoxious Yinzer with anything Steelers on. Since we were neutrally dressed, we did get a lot of questions and people were quite surprised that we came from Pittsburgh and appreciative that we weren't in Steelers clothes. 

I did wear a Pitt shirt under my jacket as Tyler Boyd is a Pitt grad, and I did roll up a Terrible Towel and stick in my jacket. Once inside and friendly with the locals I did pull out the Towel for some good luck and good fun for them. Most inside were cool with us, but a couple in front had a bit of an attitude. By the end of the game we did win those guys over too and joined in the celebration with them. I did find it funny on the way out there were several people yelling F-the Steelers. I mean, first playoff win in a generation and a half and Pittsburgh in on your mind? Weird. 

Overall though...I think it's a great place for a game day party. The stadium is kinda worn out a bit, but outside it the tits. They do it right. Their Freedom Way between the two stadiums is similar to Pittsburgh's North Shore Drive, but in Cincinnati, they block it off for game day. It's literally a giant street party with bands and concerts and all of the bars setting up serving stations outside. The Yard House is cool, but gets severely packed. Dare I say it, but I think they do tailgating and pregaming better than Pittsburgh. 

As for parking, we stayed at the Embassy Suites across the river and were planning on walking. But it was cold AF that day and it is a bit of a hike. That could be an option...stay at a local hotel and walk. 

We did however, park at the 3rd and Main garage. I cannot remember the price, but it wasn't outrageous. I want to guess $30. That was the perfect spot as it put us right near the beginning of Freedom Way and was an easy entry/exit. We did head over fairly early though and did grab something to eat afterwards. 

In all, I'd say you'll have a good time. I really like how they have everything set up around the stadium. It's similar to Pittsburgh, but by blocking the streets to traffic, it makes it soooo much better. 

Lodging is not part of the equation, as my brother just moved out there and I’ll be staying with him. But thanks for the garage tip! We should be able to get there early, too!  
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 02:39 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I sat next to Steeler fans at the 2005 playoff game where Carson Palmer got hurt. I was one of the few wearing Bengals gear. Steeler fans basically took over the stadium. You will be surprised how many Steeler fans will be there for your game. Just mind your business and don't irk any Bengals fans on. You should try some Skyline Chili at the stadium. Enjoy the game.

Yeah, we’re pretty low key, so unless we have the bad luck of running into a particularly salty drunk, we should be okay.  But we will definitely dress the part.  LOL

And yes, I plan on trying the chili!  I guess it’s only available on the dog though - no noodles?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 01:53 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Yeah, we’re pretty low key, so unless we have the bad luck of running into a particularly salty drunk, we should be okay.  But we will definitely dress the part.  LOL

And yes, I plan on trying the chili!  I guess it’s only available on the dog though - no noodles?

You need time to enjoy a three way.......... you wouldn't want to eat one at the game. ThumbsUp

I sold my crippled tickets or I'd be there.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 01:53 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: And yes, I plan on trying the chili!  I guess it’s only available on the dog though 

I ain't paying for shit!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 08:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You need time to enjoy a three way.......... you wouldn't want to eat one at the game. ThumbsUp

I sold my crippled tickets or I'd be there.

I’m sure I’ll get a chance to try one as I’ll be in town from Thanksgiving through the weekend. But I think mine would be a four way - I love onions.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:09 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I’m sure I’ll get a chance to try one as I’ll be in town from Thanksgiving through the weekend. But I think mine would be a four way - I love onions.   Tongue

Typical Steelers fan.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Typical Steelers fan.

I was waiting for that ...   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 04:06 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I have tickets to Steelers @ Bengals in a couple of weeks!  

I won’t ask you to predict how the people around me will behave with a Steeler fan in attendance.  This question always kind of amuses me because there’s no way you can effectively predict how a random handful of folks out of a crowd of tens of thousands will act.  Besides, I’ve been around the block enough times to know that if I’m not a jerk, the vast majority of fans won’t be either, as long as you’re not in Philadelphia. LOL

But I will ask if any of you have any favorite concessions at Paycor, as well as any other tips you may have!  My seats are on the 300 level on the visitors side of the field.

Also, can anyone recommend affordable parking?  The last time I was in Pittsburgh, I found a garage within walking distance that was $5 for the game!  Not expecting to find anything that good, but am willing to walk up to a mile for a good deal.

I hope you enjoy the game. My guess is since Burrow is out, lots of your fellow fans will scoop up season ticket holder tickets. As far as parking, there are lots south of the stadium on 3rd Street. But if you are up to a 1 mile walk:

Why pay $50 to $70 to park for a Cincinnati Bengals game, when you can park for just $5 nearby?

Cincinnati Bengals fans tailgate to open preseason
By: John MataresePosted at 11:53 AM, Nov 01, 2022 and last updated 11:53 AM, Nov 01, 2022
CINCINNATI — Many Cincinnati Bengals fans are starting to wonder if they are getting their money's worth in this rough 2022-23 season.

And that is especially the case when it comes to parking prices.

It was one month ago whenwe spoke with a very frustrated David Robertsof Dayton, Ohio.

He loves his Bengals, but was not loving this season's new parking prices, as a result of their Super Bowl visit.

"Under Great American Ballpark," he said, "parking had gone from $40 in the pre season to $70."

He posted a photoof two prices at the ballpark garage: $40 for a pre season game, and $70 dollars for the regular season an increase of $30.

We find much cheaper parking

But the good news is you don't have to pay $70, or anywhere near that, to park.

And with cold weather approaching, it doesn't require a walk across a bridge from Covington.

We decided to check parking prices at their most recent home game: Sunday October 23rd versus Atlanta.

The stadium garage was still $70, and we found $50 parking at a couple of Third Street garages, which is still high.

Up on 4th Street, and west of Paycor Stadium, past the tailgate lots, we found $30 parking.

That was better.

But down on East Pete Rose way, just past Heritage Bank Center, it was a trip back in time.

We found several lots at $15 or less.

"I think these are very reasonable," one fan told us leaving a lot across from the Heritage arena.

But that's still not the cheapest.

Recent Stories from wcpo.com

Under I-471, off Eggleston Avenue, not as far as the Montgomery Inn Boathouse, we were stunned to find parking for just $5.

That's probably what you would have paid to park for the Bengals during their 1989 Super Bowl season.

"We paid just five bucks in the lot up here, but we got a little further walk," another fan told us..

He's correct. But if you don't mind walking exactly 1.1 miles, according to Google Maps, you can park for $5 as well.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Steelers aren’t going to the playoffs, their offense is worse than ours with a backup QB with no experience
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 11:59 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I was waiting for that ...   Smirk

Meh, that's how I take my four-way: onions.  Beans?  GTFO here with the beans.  

Hope you enjoy the game, but not too much.  See, unlike a lot of the denizens of JN today, I actually want the Bengals to beat the Steelers.  You'd think that would be a given and not a controversial take, but as it turns out, yeah not so much.  More people are concerned about a ***** draft pick than beating a division rival.  I don't even know what the **** to do with that.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 07:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meh, that's how I take my four-way: onions.  Beans?  GTFO here with the beans.  

Hope you enjoy the game, but not too much.  See, unlike a lot of the denizens of JN today, I actually want the Bengals to beat the Steelers.  You'd think that would be a given and not a controversial take, but as it turns out, yeah not so much.  More people are concerned about a ***** draft pick than beating a division rival.  I don't even know what the **** to do with that.  

Here’s my take on that: if higher draft picks automatically helped a team get better, you guys would have had a dynasty surpassing the Patriots by now. Do you know what Troy Polamalu, Alan Faneca, T.J. Watt, Cam Heyward, Heath Miller, and Maurkice Pouncey all have in common? They are all-time Steeler greats drafted in the bottom half of the first round. Some are already in the HoF and more from that group will be by the time it’s all said and done. Big Ben was drafted in the top half of the round, but he wasn’t exactly the No. 1 pick (11th). Then you have guys like Hines Ward, Antonio Brown, and L’Veon Bell, who were all drafted after the 1st round. James Harrison wasn’t even drafted!

The point being: if I were in your shoes, I’d root against us too. To hell with higher draft picks. LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 05:17 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Steelers aren’t going to the playoffs, their offense is worse than ours with a backup QB with no experience

We’ll see.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 11:59 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I was waiting for that ...   Smirk

With onions is the way to go. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 12:19 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: We’ll see.

Steelers looking tough in that loss to the browns. Take away that 74 yard run and what do you have? An embarrassment 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 04:59 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Steelers looking tough in that loss to the browns. Take away that 74 yard run and what do you have? An embarrassment 

They played the league’s top defense to the wire.  Should fare better against #30.  
Reply/Quote
[Image: nfl-memes-week-11-34.jpg?attachment_cach...info&w=600]

Reply/Quote