Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers @ Bengals … I’ll be there!
(11-13-2023, 04:06 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I have tickets to Steelers @ Bengals in a couple of weeks!  

I won’t ask you to predict how the people around me will behave with a Steeler fan in attendance.  This question always kind of amuses me because there’s no way you can effectively predict how a random handful of folks out of a crowd of tens of thousands will act.  Besides, I’ve been around the block enough times to know that if I’m not a jerk, the vast majority of fans won’t be either, as long as you’re not in Philadelphia. LOL

But I will ask if any of you have any favorite concessions at Paycor, as well as any other tips you may have!  My seats are on the 300 level on the visitors side of the field.

Also, can anyone recommend affordable parking?  The last time I was in Pittsburgh, I found a garage within walking distance that was $5 for the game!  Not expecting to find anything that good, but am willing to walk up to a mile for a good deal.

[Image: 7a451172bc16914bcfb3917d3bf74774.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 04:36 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: 7a451172bc16914bcfb3917d3bf74774.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:09 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I’m sure I’ll get a chance to try one as I’ll be in town from Thanksgiving through the weekend. But I think mine would be a four way - I love onions.   Tongue

Had my first Skyline yesterday, and as anticipated, it was a four way!  Planning on trying the Coney at the game today! 
Reply/Quote
Congrats on the outcome. Steelers outplayed the Bengals.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 02:08 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Congrats on the outcome. Steelers outplayed the Bengals.

Yeah, after a season of winning games we shouldn’t have, it’s kind of weird to win a game that the stats suggest we should’ve won by more.  
Reply/Quote
[Image: 2dsbb3ch880y.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you attending the fane, then you misses this: The announcers went on and on about how we should all think how nice the stadium upgrades look. Then 5 minutes later the clock stopped working.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I just realized I never gave a report on how our experience was at the game. Better late than never, I suppose.

We parked downtown, but not terribly far in, so parking was still up there ($30) but not the highest we saw. We'd have gone further into the city for the cheaper ones, but we were concerned about the rain forecasts. That turned out not to be a problem, though, as we got into the stadium before the worst of it. We did walk through Freedom Way, and I have to agree with StrictlyBiz - you guys definitely do that part right. Awesome atmosphere!

Once we got to the stadium, we were able to continue to avoid the rain: it turns out that the tickets I got were situated about ten rows into the canopy coverage, keeping us dry all game. So, that was nice. I didn't do that on purpose, but given that I'll likely have opportunities to come back (my brother lives in Cincy now), I'll keep that in mind for the next time!

As far as treatment from Cincy fans, we had virtually no problems, despite my brother, who got a little carried away. After the fourth beer or so, he decided to emulate the announcer's "IT'S THIIIIIRRRD DOOWWNNNNNNN!!" by announcing the down with a similar voice on every. single. Steeler. play. It was funny at first, and I even saw some Bengal fans laughing. But he kept doing it. And doing it. And doing it. At one point he tried doing it during the Bengals possession (when the crowd was much quieter, making his shenanigans more exposed). That's when we shut him down. I was afraid he'd get punched, but the only thing that happened was that someone gave him a one-finger salute, which in my opinion was well earned. LOL Overall, though, we found Cincy fans to be pretty chill.

I had two Coneys, which were great, if a bit soggy. I also was able to try a four way (onions) at a Skyline location the day before, and that was good too. I would have either again if given the chance.

Overall, it was a great experience, including the outcome of the game. Thanks for having us, Cincy! I look forward to doing it again some day!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 01:19 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I just realized I never gave a report on how our experience was at the game.  Better late than never, I suppose.  

We parked downtown, but not terribly far in, so parking was still up there ($30) but not the highest we saw.  We'd have gone further into the city for the cheaper ones, but we were concerned about the rain forecasts.  That turned out not to be a problem, though, as we got into the stadium before the worst of it.  We did walk through Freedom Way, and I have to agree with StrictlyBiz - you guys definitely do that part right.   Awesome atmosphere!  

Once we got to the stadium, we were able to continue to avoid the rain: it turns out that the tickets I got were situated about ten rows into the canopy coverage, keeping us dry all game.  So, that was nice.  I didn't do that on purpose, but given that I'll likely have opportunities to come back (my brother lives in Cincy now), I'll keep that in mind for the next time!  

As far as treatment from Cincy fans, we had virtually no problems, despite my brother, who got a little carried away.  After the fourth beer or so, he decided to emulate the announcer's "IT'S THIIIIIRRRD DOOWWNNNNNNN!!" by announcing the down with a similar voice on every. single. Steeler. play.  It was funny at first, and I even saw some Bengal fans laughing.  But he kept doing it.  And doing it.  And doing it.  At one point he tried doing it during the Bengals possession (when the crowd was much quieter, making his shenanigans more exposed).  That's when we shut him down.  I was afraid he'd get punched, but the only thing that happened was that someone gave him a one-finger salute, which in my opinion was well earned.  LOL  Overall, though, we found Cincy fans to be pretty chill.  

I had two Coneys, which were great, if a bit soggy.  I also was able to try a four way (onions) at a Skyline location the day before,  and that was good too.  I would have either again if given the chance.  

Overall, it was a great experience, including the outcome of the game.  Thanks for having us, Cincy!  I look forward to doing it again some day!

I'm glad to hear you had a good experience and thank you for the update.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
Come back to Cincy next year for the Steelers game. This way you can see a Bengals win. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 05:17 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Steelers aren’t going to the playoffs, their offense is worse than ours with a backup QB with no experience

This aged well.   Cool
Reply/Quote