Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers = Bengals Kryptonite
It's that time again, next Sunday our Bengals come to a pass. This team has and continues to expel many demons. We made a stride winning in P.T. against the Broncos late last season. We have four P.T. games upcoming and I feel pretty good about them. I believe 3 of 4 is very doable with this teams new found confidence and composure. BUT

Taking this stride, (beating Pittsburgh) in my mind is even more important than sweeping or going 3-4 in the P.T. games !

Pittsburgh has owned the Bengals under Marvin Lewis. For this team to fully take the next step we have to put this in the past as well.

We're 7 - 18 overall against the Steelers under M.L. We have 2 wins against them at PBS, Pittsburgh has swept us 6 times in the last 12 seasons, we've swept them once (09).

We have one win against Pittsburgh ONE in a season in which they made the playoffs (05). If you choose to include the 2012 season, we beat them late taking them out of the playoffs, we have two. In the last 5 seasons we have two victories against them, they've swept us 3 times in that period ! We have to get over this hurdle.

If we lose next Sunday is it the end of the world ? Obviously no. I hope BigJen is playing and we can finally put another notch in the confidence belt by beating them when it counts. I fully believe Pittsburgh will make the playoffs unless BigJen can't get it back together. This game may well yet play into home field advantage and/or first round bye. Both of which are huge.

I want badly to see this elephant in the room disappear. Let's get this done !

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 01:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's that time again, next Sunday our Bengals come to a pass. This team has and continues to expel many demons. We made a stride winning in P.T. against the Broncos late last season. We have four P.T. games upcoming and I feel pretty good about them. I believe 3 of 4 is very doable with this teams new found confidence and composure. BUT

Taking this stride, (beating Pittsburgh) in my mind is even more important than sweeping or going 3-4 in the P.T. games !

Pittsburgh has owned the Bengals under Marvin Lewis. For this team to fully take the next step we have to put this in the past as well.

We're 7 - 18 overall against the Steelers under M.L. We have 2 wins against them at PBS, Pittsburgh has swept us 6 times in the last 12 seasons, we've swept them once (09).

We have one win against Pittsburgh ONE in a season in which they made the playoffs (05). If you choose to include the 2012 season, we beat them late taking them out of the playoffs, we have two. In the last 5 seasons we have two victories against them, they've swept us 3 times in that period ! We have to get over this hurdle.

If we lose next Sunday is it the end of the world ? Obviously no. I hope BigJen is playing and we can finally put another notch in the confidence belt by beating them when it counts. I fully believe Pittsburgh will make the playoffs unless BigJen can't get it back together. This game may well yet play into home field advantage and/or first round bye. Both of which are huge.

I want badly to see this elephant in the room disappear. Let's get this done !

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey

The Bengals keep breaking down walls, the can't do's, the never have's, the struggle with's, etc.  Here's hoping this is the next wall to fall.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I would almost sell my soul to see them lose today to the Chiefs Big Grin

Can't stand 'em
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 01:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We have one win against Pittsburgh ONE in a season in which they made the playoffs (05). If you choose to include the 2012 season, we beat them late taking them out of the playoffs, we have two. 

Can not argue that the Steelers have owned us, but I would add '09 to this list.  We swept them that year and they were 9-5 against the rest of the league.  If they had beaten us just once that year they would have made the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Steelers are as good of a team that we will face this year. While our offense should present some problems for them, there's enough tape (and familiarity) for their defense to study that will give us some problems. If we see Ben, it will the same old issue of containing him, and getting him to the ground. The real problem might just be Bell. If we don't close the holes at the line, stay in the gaps, and tackle ..... it's gonna be a long damned day.

Make this "winnable" game a win, and we'll see a Bengals team move forward like never before.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
KC is winning at half time 9-3.. To bad it isn't 90-3.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 03:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: KC is winning at half time 9-3.. To bad it isn't 90-3.

I'm sad that most of them are still able to walk out there - but that's me.
Would love to see KC win this game - that would be a 2 1/2 game lead going into next week's game against them w/ a shot at making that a 3 1/2 game lead which is HUGE!  So, seriously, Steelers have MUCH more to lose in that game, and more reason to fear Cincy than the other way around.  I think Bengals win this game next week to go to 7-0.  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 03:08 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Steelers are as good of a team that we will face this year. While our offense should present some problems for them, there's enough tape (and familiarity) for their defense to study that will give us some problems. If we see Ben, it will the same old issue of containing him, and getting him to the ground. The real problem might just be Bell. If we don't close the holes at the line, stay in the gaps, and tackle ..... it's gonna be a long damned day.

Make this "winnable" game a win, and we'll see a Bengals team move forward like never before.

Agree,

A win would go a very long ways towards putting a genuine "we've finally, truly arrived" stamp on this team. A confidence boost of major proportions !
Reply/Quote
Chiefs are showing us how to move the ball against the Steelers. We have better weapons than they do. Granted next week is likely to have Big Ben but that won't help the Steeler's secondary.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yes!  Touchdown Chiefs!!

Steers down 16-3 w/ 4:23 left in the 3rd Quarter.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 04:03 PM)pally Wrote: Chiefs are showing us how to move the ball against the Steelers.  We have better weapons than they do.  Granted next week is likely to have Big Ben but that won't help the Steeler's secondary.

I'm curious just how mobile Roethlisberger is going to be.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 04:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm curious just how mobile Roethlisberger is going to be.  

So is his wife, for that matter.
Reply/Quote
He's still married?

I just assumed he had eaten her by now.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Man I want to see us beat 'em so bad. Nice that they are losing today, but I hope we don't sleep on 'em. They swept us last year, would be sweet to return the favor.

Reply/Quote
Patriots
Ravens
Chiefs

steelers kryptonite?

Soon to be added, a certain 6-0 team with stripes on their helmet.
Reply/Quote
W/ 3 losses - Steelers still looking like the 2nd best team for a wild card seed (next to Jets).
That's really how bad the AFC is looking right now, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 04:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm curious just how mobile Roethlisberger is going to be.  

It was pointed out that ben does not have a good record in games coming off injury. Let's hope that trend continues.
Reply/Quote
Not a surprise to anyone here, but in the post-game press conference Tomlin said he expects Ben to start

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Trolls came on here last Sunday and said their Steelers were so great.....What happened Trolls ???.....Did your Steelers stub their toe again ???....Poor Babies.....Losing to Chiefs, Who Bengals Beat makes that like a division win because Bengals beat Chiefs and Steelers didn't....and now, a crying terrible towl for the Steelers Trolls, and the violins, sad movies always have the violins.... Violin

But for Our Bengals Wink Wink
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
First step, stop being afraid of them. Accomplish this by punching them back in the mouth for once.

They have seriously injured 3 of our guys in the last 10 years and nothing has been done about it.

Just, play their game. The talent will do the rest.

Reply/Quote