Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Steelers @ Bengals Predictions
35-31 Bengals
Reply/Quote
Dre K scares me in this one. Although not a popular opinion on here, I see him as a glaring weakness. However, I think we play them better than expected and win 31-21.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 07:58 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dre K scares me in this one. Although not a popular opinion on here, I see him as a glaring weakness. However, I think we play them better than expected and win 31-21.

Dre plays the top receiver in the NFL fairly well. The ability of the defense to pressure Ben and force him to make mistakes is the key.
Reply/Quote
The key to beating the Steelers is whether Dalton can take advantage of their poor safety play. If Ross plays and stretches the field 35-24 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
According to the guy calling yesterdays game, Dre is the top cover corner on the team. I don't see it, as I think Willow is better, but there it is.....
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 08:21 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The key to beating the Steelers is whether Dalton can take advantage of their poor safety play. If Ross plays and stretches the field 35-24 Bengals.

Right,

The Steelers are going to be sending jail break blitzes against Dalton every other play. They know their secondary is vulnerable and they can't give Dalton time to slice up the DB's, and he will.

Key to the game is gonna be can we protect the QB ? We won't need 5 guys running routes, 3 can beat them ! Max protect is the way to victory
Reply/Quote
Bengals win 31-20
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 08:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: According to the guy calling yesterdays game, Dre is the top cover corner on the team. I don't see it, as I think Willow is better, but there it is.....

I heard that too and had a good chuckle. 
Reply/Quote
Show me you can do it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I think the steelers really try to slow this one down by pounding the ball with Conner. Bengals will need a big play on defense, like an INT or fumble.

I think they get it, and eek out a win with a FR FG late.

Bengals 24
Assbags 23
Reply/Quote
Unless the Bengals D learns how to stop big gains on 1st,2nd and 3rd downs this week it will be a long day.  Dalton is shinning even with defenders pulling him to the ground. The O line is still not without problems. Glenn struggles with fast end rushers and we cannot rush block, as Mixon is forced to find openings around ends most times for any gains. Every game so far we have faced teams with most of their Defense starters out and we still struggle. Pittsburgh always plays well here and they handled the Falcons easily yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:59 AM)J.Moore Wrote: Unless the Bengals D learns how to stop big gains on 1st,2nd and 3rd downs this week it will be a long day.  Dalton is shinning even with defenders pulling him to the ground. The O line is still not without problems. Glenn struggles with fast end rushers and we cannot rush block, as Mixon is forced to find openings around ends most times for any gains. Every game so far we have faced teams with most of their Defense starters out and we still struggle. Pittsburgh always plays well here and they handled the Falcons easily yesterday.

Unfortunately I'm on board with this.

Pittsburgh will stuff our running game and create too much pressure on the edges.   Conner will have a big day.   Pittsburgh has a very good offensive line and we have one decent linebacker.   I expect them to feast on our middle, control the clock and choke us down with the slow death that characterizes our defense, punctuated with a couple of devastating big plays. 

There's a lot to like with the Bengals, but not enough to overcome the Steelers.

Steelers 27 - Bengals 17
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 11:01 AM)3wt Wrote: Unfortunately I'm on board with this.

Pittsburgh will stuff our running game and create too much pressure on the edges.   Conner will have a big day.   Pittsburgh has a very good offensive line and we have one decent linebacker.   I expect them to feast on our middle, control the clock and choke us down with the slow death that characterizes our defense, punctuated with a couple of devastating big plays. 

There's a lot to like with the Bengals, but not enough to overcome the Steelers.

Steelers 27 - Bengals 17

I agree. A realist perspective.

HOPEFULLY 3wt and I will have to eat some 'humble pie' Sunday afternoon, but I wouldn't bet on it happening.
Reply/Quote
I have no prediction on the score... I just want to say - DON'T LET THE REFS DECIDE THE GAME.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 11:10 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I agree. A realist perspective.

HOPEFULLY 3wt and I will have to eat some 'humble pie' Sunday afternoon, but I wouldn't bet on it happening.

The thing I like about this team is that it does not give up, though the body language at the end of the first half said, "Here we go again".

But they hang in there and give the effort.   No one is throwing in the towel.  That's BIG.

I hope like anything I'm forced to eat the humble pie.   I'll gladly do it.   I love this team.
Reply/Quote
A few people were poking fun at me this past week when I said we NEED John Ross, otherwise the receivers will have a harder time getting open. Boyd was quiet, and honestly our offense looked pretty bad for a lot of that game. And the safeties were the guys making things difficult. Loved MJs play because it changed the game, but it was a really lucky bounce.

And for this game.. man. Beating these guys would be massive for us in the AFCN, and playoff picture.. but they are picking up steam. However, I think we can match up well. The problem is that our d-line seems to only be able to attack backup lineman, and can't do anything against starters (minus Geno).

Big Ben has looked BAD when he's getting hit. We have to hit him this game early. If he and AB establish a connection, it just makes things so dangerous because of JuJu's big-play ability. Knock Connor down before he gains more than a few years.

Basically, the usual formula to winning football games... dominate the trenches.

Oh, and we need John Ross.
Reply/Quote
There are ways to beating an aggressive front. Lazor will use that to call plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 08:21 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The key to beating the Steelers is whether Dalton can take advantage of their poor safety play. If Ross plays and stretches the field 35-24 Bengals.

The key to beating them is how the OL holds up....Let's hope AD can stay upright far more so he has time to read the S play...

Steelers are licking their chops at this OL and they're going to bring it like they did against TB...
Reply/Quote
Tomlin already bitching about the bad penalties against his team. Over at NFL.com he is talking about the call on TJ Watt's penalty for going after Matt Ryan's knees!!! What a delusional twit Tomlin is.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:37 PM)sandwedge Wrote: ...the call on TJ Watt's penalty for going after Matt Ryan's knees!!!

Oh come on.  I HATE the Steelers, but that should NOT have been a penalty.  Watt tried to go wide, got pushed by the O-lineman, and he stumbled going around the edge... actually barely touched Ryan.  BS call.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1048999303086329856
Reply/Quote