Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Steelers @ Bengals Predictions
34-23 bengals
Reply/Quote
Depends on who is healthy and whether Ross can play.

On offense, the TEs have to do their job in blocking and receiving.

Passes to Mixon or Gio isolated on their LBs.

On defense, the interior has to generate pressure. Geno, has 2 sacks in the last 8 regular season games against Pitt. He has to deliver.

On passing downs, Lawson should rush from the interior, similar to the last Falcon drive.

28-23 Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This team has played well.  They're not the Cardiac Cats for nonthin.'  But, these are the Steelers, and that usually seems to make quite a difference.  You're not going to spot them 17 or 20 points and come back in the 4th quarter.  So, shovel all the dirt on them you want, but I never count that team out, ever.  Been burned too many times doing that.

My heart says we win, but that's why I don't listen to my heart.

Steelers 31
Bengals 19  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 08:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: According to the guy calling yesterdays game, Dre is the top cover corner on the team. I don't see it, as I think Willow is better, but there it is.....

I caught that too, and that Announcer is an idiot. That guy obviously doesnt know the Bengals or have heard of Will Jax III.

As for the Squeeler game:

Bengals Defense continues to roar two weeks in a row with Tez back. Big week for the Bengals

Steelers 10
Bengals 31
Reply/Quote
I predict we won't have a big JUNGLE CROWD advantage because Bengals fans for some reason gladly scalp their tickets to Steelers fans for a profit. So half the stadium will be Terrible Towels. So it won't really be THE JUNGLE, which always hurts.

Forrest Gregg said the Steelers are the team with all the Super Bowl rings. If the Bengals want to win AFC North, the team to beat is Pittsburg. That hasn't changed. Forrest Gregg would say Bengals may be 4-1, but it doesn't mean a thing unless they beat Steelers.

I would like to see them win NOW in THE JUNGE and avoid chance of being swept by Steelers last game of season in Pittsburg.

GO BENGALS. 4-1 a good start, but Bengals in First Place and Steelers have owned Bengals and feel they can knock Bengals out of first.

Bengals O Line has to do better. Steelers have been beating Bengs in trenches Bad and Dalton with no time to throw and no running lanes.

I'll take a Bengals win by 1 point, as long as Bengals get a long over due win over Steelers and go to 5-1 on season.

I've noticed Steelers have adopted in 2018 that they would rather take the penalties than stop their pass rush. When ball is snapped, Bengals better be blocking, because Steelers will sure be coming.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 02:49 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The Bengals DO have control over number 2.

You don't. Number 2 is all that comes out of your mouth.

Bengals 28-27
Reply/Quote
I predict that I will loathe the Steelers just as much Sunday as I do now...
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 07:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: I predict that I will loathe the Steelers just as much Sunday as I do now...
And maybe even more.  Who knows what they might add to their legacy with the Bengals ahead of them in the standings?

What do they find unacceptable?  Being behind the Bengals.  What do they find acceptable?  Anything and everything it takes to change that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 08:21 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The key to beating the Steelers is whether Dalton can take advantage of their poor safety play. If Ross plays and stretches the field 35-24 Bengals.

? What has Ross done to to dictate how a defense will play us? Keep hearing this and it's nuts. I think Boyd will be a factor, I do worry about this game getting out of control. They would love to target our players most likely Mixon in retaliation against Bell always getting hurt (clean) by us. But I'm not going to lie, part of me wants to see Burfict let Juju know he's back.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:40 AM)TKUHL Wrote: ? What has Ross done to to dictate how a defense will play us? Keep hearing this and it's nuts. I think Boyd will be a factor, I do worry about this game getting out of control. They would love to target our players most likely Mixon in retaliation against Bell always getting hurt (clean) by us. But I'm not going to lie, part of me wants to see Burfict let Juju know he's back.

It was no coincidence that Boyd was basically a non-factor against Miami with Ross being out. Sure, Eifert not being out there also changes how defenses play us (more so in the RZ), but I do think Ross was missed.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was no coincidence that Boyd was basically a non-factor against Miami with Ross being out. Sure, Eifert not being out there also changes how defenses play us (more so in the RZ), but I do think Ross was missed.

I respectfully have to disagree. I think we are kidding ourselves with all this. Until Ross proves to be a consistent threat I don't think teams will change anymore than they would if Malone was out there. I would like to see Malone or even Tate get some playing time. Ross to be honest has not earned any respect yet, and I will say yet cause I think he might come around, for teams to drastically change the way they play defense against us. Production gets respect, they don't give a damn about a 40 time. I just don't think it makes any difference if he plays or not.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:40 AM)TKUHL Wrote: ? What has Ross done to to dictate how a defense will play us? Keep hearing this and it's nuts. I think Boyd will be a factor, I do worry about this game getting out of control. They would love to target our players most likely Mixon in retaliation against Bell always getting hurt (clean) by us. But I'm not going to lie, part of me wants to see Burfict let Juju know he's back.

Kind of depends on how VB is playing . If he's just a shell of himself I'm all for him forcibly removing Juju's head on the first play of the game and if not ejected doing the same to Brown as well.. What the hell, right?  Personally I'd rather it be Geno deciding to take over and planting Piggy on the wrong side of the B for good.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 02:42 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I respectfully have to disagree. I think we are kidding ourselves with all this. Until Ross proves to be a consistent threat I don't think teams will change anymore than they would if Malone was out there. I would like to see Malone or even Tate get some playing time. Ross to be honest has not earned any respect yet, and I will say yet cause I think he might come around, for teams to drastically change the way they play defense against us. Production gets respect, they don't give a damn about a 40 time. I just don't think it makes any difference if he plays or not.

True enough . Ross has done little to nothing to get defenses to double him or even put their best corner on him as opposed to AJ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 02:42 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I respectfully have to disagree. I think we are kidding ourselves with all this. Until Ross proves to be a consistent threat I don't think teams will change anymore than they would if Malone was out there. I would like to see Malone or even Tate get some playing time. Ross to be honest has not earned any respect yet, and I will say yet cause I think he might come around, for teams to drastically change the way they play defense against us. Production gets respect, they don't give a damn about a 40 time. I just don't think it makes any difference if he plays or not.

Malone and Tate have done what to earn time over Ross? Ross already has 2 TDs this season. That’s what teams have to respect, his ability to score TD’s, not his 40 time. With Eifert done, Ross is hands down the best 3rd option for Dalton, imo.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 06:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Malone and Tate have done what to earn time over Ross? Ross already has 2 TDs this season. That’s what teams have to respect, his ability to score TD’s, not his 40 time. With Eifert done, Ross is hands down the best 3rd option for Dalton, imo.

Ross's ability to beat a defense over the top makes the d account for him on every play. This makes the run game better and shorter routes more available. As he hopefully hones his skills this will only improve our offense.
Reply/Quote
This is our chance to start owning the division. As with most games in the NFL, turnovers and big plays will make the difference.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
This game will tell if they have gotten over the psychological hump.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

You didn't see the difference last Sunday without Ross?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Did you see the game Sunday? We couldn't get them deep. 

Here's the fact: Without Ross, we are slow on offense. AJ Green is all-pro receiver, but he isn't a burner. Boyd isn't a burner. We didn't have Gio. 

Ross has a TD in 2 of the 4 games he's played this year.. What has Malone or Tate done? 

Ross forces safeties to respect the deep ball. When he isn't in, AJ gets doubled, and our offense has to rely on crossing routes to get open. That greatly reduces our playmaking ability.
Reply/Quote
27-24 Bengals win it late and give all of our fans yet another heart attack. Should be fun.
Reply/Quote