Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers @ Bengals Predictions
(11-23-2023, 11:31 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I never said the team lacks talent, that is you making things up.  Of course you agree with another Burrow basher.

You have zero evidence the defense can win games without Burrow.  The post season, the last 2 years, Burrow made incredible plays and throws in key situations which helped us win games.  The defense did their part but it took all 3 phases.

If you think this year's defense is anywhere near comparable to last year's defense you are incredibly mistaken.  We didnt give up a TD in the second half for the first 7 weeks last season.  This defense ranks at the bottom in multiple categories. 

We have the Steelers twice and the Browns once, both with excellent defenses and very good rush offenses.
The Colts have a solid rush attack and beat the Ravens in Baltimore and had Cleveland beat without back-to-back bad calls.
Jags have a solid defense and good QB.
KC with a great defense and Mahomes.

These are difficult games for a team that cannot stop the run, cannot run the ball, and have a QB with only one real relief appearance.

Let me unpack a rebuttal

1. From what I took in a response your wrote, you seem to mention that it was a farce to think we could maybe go to a SB without Burrow, i took that as you don;t believe we have the talent to do it without Burrow and I believe we do ( i did not indicate we could do it this year). No where in my response did I realistic say we could make the playoffs this year without him and stated obviously he gives us the best chance of making the playoffs.
I have felt we were an underdog even with Burrow to make it this year just did not seem like the team was at the level we had been last two years around this point in time and sitting last in the division was not a good sign.
2. I accurately pointed out on Burrow did not play at the level in the post season that we had seen in the regular season, totally accurate, never bashed Burrow, never said he did not make any plays plus he has been solid in playing low turnover games in the playoffs but 9 tds in 7 games, 260 ypg range is not what he had shown in the regular season, I pointed out that our defense played at a higher level in playoffs, totally accurate also.
3. You keep saying we have not shown we can win without Burrow but you really don;t have any prove over the last two years to that statement, since Burrow has played the great majority of the games, if you are referencing his rookie year, we were not winning with him either that year and now we have a much better group of players.

Just had to set the record straight with your response, know im moving on to enjoy more turkey .. :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
C'mon.. Jake is going to have the greatest game in Bengals/Squeeler history and the bearded wonder for Pisssburgh will make his post game presser and just mutter back at the camera.."I didn't see that coming!"  Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 07:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Let me unpack a rebuttal

1. From what I took in a response your wrote, you seem to mention that it was a farce to think we could maybe go to a SB without Burrow, i took that as you don;t believe we have the talent to do it without Burrow and I believe we do ( i did not indicate we could do it this year). No where in my response did I realistic say we could make the playoffs this year without him and stated obviously he gives us the best chance of making the playoffs.
I  have felt we were an underdog even with Burrow to make it this year just did not seem like the team was at the level we had been last two years around this point in time and sitting last in the division was not a good sign.
2. I accurately pointed out on Burrow did not play at the level in the  post season that we had seen in the regular season, totally accurate, never bashed Burrow, never said he did not make any plays plus he has been solid in playing low turnover games in the playoffs but 9 tds in 7 games, 260 ypg range is not what he had shown in the regular season, I  pointed out that our defense played at a higher level in playoffs, totally accurate also.  
3. You keep saying we have not shown we can win without Burrow but you really don;t have any prove over the last two years to that statement, since Burrow has played the great majority of the games,  if you are referencing his rookie year,  we were not winning with him either that year and now we have a much better group of players.

Just had to set the record straight with your response, know im moving on to enjoy more turkey .. :)

Again, I never said we didnt have talent, you claimed that I did.

I never mentioned the Super Bowl this season.  This is another fabrication you made up.

You said we are good enough go to the playoffs and win without Burrow. I said you had zero evidence of us winning without Burrow, and you want me to prove a negative?  

How about you try to prove your opinions without making false claims about what others say?

Reply/Quote
Early excitement turns into much agony.

Bigturd Stoolers - 27
Browning Bengals - 10
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Squeelers 3 10 3 0= 16
Bengals    0 7 3 7= 17
Reply/Quote
[Image: 48f8d00f1c57d173015c66a67e8cc8b6.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Pit 24
Cin 10

Zac Taylor is 4-23-1 without Joe Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Browning has found success in HS and Washington. No reason to think he can't win in the NFL.
Bengals 24
Steelers 18
Reply/Quote
Steelers 27
Bengals 17
Reply/Quote
16-13 Bengals! Defense plays well and Money Mac a.has a big game!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals can slow down the Steelers rushing attack,they have a chance.The Steelers are going to bring the running game like never before.The Bengals must contain it to have a chance.
Steelers defense is as good as any in the league.

If Browning doesn’t fall apart,and has a solid game,we win,20-17.
If things go bad for Browning,this could get ugly.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 01:35 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: If the Bengals can slow down the Steelers rushing attack,they have a chance.The Steelers are going to bring the running game like never before.The Bengals must contain it to have a chance.
Steelers defense is as good as any in the league.

If Browning doesn’t fall apart,and has a solid game,we win,20-17.
If things go bad for Browning,this could get ugly.
This is my fear.  They got run over by Houston, ie one of the worst rushing attacks in the league. We've seen enough at this point in the season to know that stopping the run isn't something this defense does right now.  The only way to stifle the run is to score enough on offense to force Pickett to beat you, and I don't see that happening with Jake Browning under center.  

If I were a Pittsburgh fan and the Steelers lost this game, I would be absolutely irate.  

We'll see.  Football is unpredictable, but the signs point to this game working against the Bengals in terms of strengths and weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
Browning goes off

Bengals 27-10
Reply/Quote
You all done forgot about the Ryan Finley game in the orange jerseys vs Pitt a few years ago?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think the team plays well enough to pull this one out, Bengals win
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 06:43 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Weather projections are chilly and rainy all afternoon. This will be an ugly slog fest with both teams trying to run and short passes with few down field throws. A good AFC North smash mouth game for our young guys to learn from. Refs are known to throw a lot of holding flags, but expect these to tilt towards Bengals as everyone knows Tomlin’s boys never hold or play dirty.

Someone’s takes on Browning being a golden boy while dissing Burrow and calling long time Bengals fans idiots, fools and cretins are worthy of the ban hammer imho.

All that said, I still refuse to abandon my orange and black glasses. Bengals win with a walk off field goal or TD 13 - 10.

Not wanting to drag this out but I’ve never said I disliked Burrow and I haven’t bashed him. I’m simply saying the hype he has is astronomical and Browning will likely be better than most believe. As for banning someone who is critical of a team’s QB and matches insults with insults, I really don’t know what to say other than to apply the words I uttered in your quote above directly at you. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
I predict that Mason Rudolph ends up playing and starts another fight that he can't finish. As for the score? Meh...
Reply/Quote
Well this really lies on the defense despite the media around Burrow (and no dispraragement to Burrow who is an elite QB). If they show up, tackle well and read and react properly in the secondary the Bengals can win this definitely. If we get what we've gotten a lot this season they will make a bad Stealer offense look good.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 06:50 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well this really lies on the defense despite the media around Burrow (and no dispraragement to Burrow who is an elite QB). If they show up, tackle well and read and react properly in the secondary the Bengals can win this definitely. If we get what we've gotten a lot this season they will make a bad Stealer offense look good.

Steelers defense like Ravens have shut teams down on offense so will be tough to score but their offense are not at the level of 49ers, bills, Texans and ravens which are the last 4 teams we played , so I think our defense will rebound
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati 24
Pissburgh 20
Reply/Quote