Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers @ Bengals in the Wild Card Round
(01-07-2016, 04:16 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Here's a paraphrase of this conversation: 

Me: "That beer may be slightly better than the other beer, just as Wendy's is slightly better than McDonald's."

You: "You're an idiot who makes bad financial decisions."

The only financial decision I am talking about here is which freaking burger I would prefer to buy - not which restaurant to invest in.  

Does the term "non sequitur" mean anything to you?  You are claiming victory in an argument that I'm not even engaging in.  At first I thought that you were simply using a bad argument (more sales = higher quality) to refute my point, but now I'm not even sure that you grasp what I was trying to say in the first place.  

Yet, you never said anything about product or anything specific, you made a generic my mom is better than your mom reference could go a thousand reasons why you may feel that way. Then, you do get specific, but not in the OP you made. Once you clarified a specific with the article, only then did we know your specific criteria versus a general term used earlier.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 04:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yet, you never said anything about product or anything specific, you made a generic my mom is better than your mom reference could go a thousand reasons why you may feel that way. Then, you do get specific, but not in the OP you made. Once you clarified a specific with the article, only then did we know your specific criteria versus a general term used earlier.

In other words, you need simple things spelled out for you so you can understand. Got it.  

For future reference, when people compare the relative merits of food products, they are generally talking about things like the quality of ingredients and how they taste.  Will you be able to remember that for the future, or should I try to remember to explain it again the next time this sort of thing comes up?  

C'mon man.  Someone said that PBR was better than IC Light.  And I said maybe, but only in the way that Wendy's is better than McDonalds (in other words, not by that much).  How in the world did you think we were talking about the respective company's financial situations and not the food/drink itself?

Get it together, Luvnit.  LOL 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 05:26 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: In other words, you need simple things spelled out for you so you can understand. Got it.  

For future reference, when people compare the relative merits of food products, they are generally talking about things like the quality of ingredients and how they taste.  Will you be able to remember that for the future, or should I try to remember to explain it again the next time this sort of thing comes up?  

C'mon man.  Someone said that PBR was better than IC Light.  And I said maybe, but only in the way that Wendy's is better than McDonalds (in other words, not by that much).  How in the world did you think we were talking about the respective company's financial situations and not the food/drink itself?

Get it together, Luvnit.  LOL 
I have it together just fine, just had no idea what PBR or IC Light were you referred to, now I do. But it is cool, you appear to speak a lot in generalities in this forum.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think I'd rather sift through "OMG Mike Mitchell is dirty because that hit on Sanu hurt my feelings!", than any argument involving Luvnit.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 05:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have it together just fine, just had no idea what PBR or IC Light were you referred to, now I do. But it is cool, you appear to speak a lot in generalities in this forum.

Well, I suppose there's no crime in not knowing an abbreviation. But here's a thought: when you don't know what people are talking about, it's probably not a great idea to pretend that you do.  There were at least three or four of us talking about it; so, rather than making an ass out of yourself, you could have just asked any one of us, "What's PBR?"  Smirk

Hope I spelled that out enough for you, but if not, please don't be shy in letting me know.  I wouldn't want you to make a fool of yourself again ... 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 05:56 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Well, I suppose there's no crime in not knowing an abbreviation. But here's a thought: when you don't know what people are talking about, it's probably not a great idea to pretend that you do.  There were at least three or four of us talking about it; so, rather than making an ass out of yourself, you could have just asked any one of us, "What's PBR?"  Smirk

Hope I spelled that out enough for you, but if not, please don't be shy in letting me know.  I wouldn't want you to make a fool of yourself again ... 

Jesus that whole exchange was painful to read. Speaking of PA beers, I do love me some Victory and Yards, but I know they're more Philly. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 05:48 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I think I'd rather sift through "OMG Mike Mitchell is dirty because that hit on Sanu hurt my feelings!", than any argument involving Luvnit.

Marvin Jones

I'm going to count that as a jinx to your team, Saturday. 

[Image: bread-goes-in-toast-comes-out-you-cant-explain-that.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 10:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Jesus that whole exchange was painful to read. Speaking of PA beers, I do love me some Victory and Yards, but I know they're more Philly. 

For Luvnit's sake, let's clarify that 'PA' stands for 'Pennsylvania', 'Victory' and 'Yards' are both brands of beer, and 'Philly' refers to the city of Philadelphia.   And, to be doubly clear, we should probably explain to him that when you say you love Victory and Yards, you are referring to the actual beer, not the investment opportunities that each company presents, nor any other aspect of said companies.  

Hopefully, this will help him to avoid any further confusion.   ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:49 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: For Luvnit's sake, let's clarify that 'PA' stands for 'Pennsylvania', 'Victory' and 'Yards' are both brands of beer, and 'Philly' refers to the city of Philadelphia.   And, to be doubly clear, we should probably explain to him that when you say you love Victory and Yards, you are referring to the actual beer, not the investment opportunities that each company presents, nor any other aspect of said companies.  

Hopefully, this will help him to avoid any further confusion.   ThumbsUp

I had no idea PBR was Pabst either, I'm not a beer drinker, personally I prefer liquor.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 08:04 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I had no idea PBR was Pabst either, I'm not a beer drinker, personally I prefer liquor.

It's not that he didn't know.  That's understandable, and I am not making fun of that. It's that he pretended that he did, and when that got him in trouble, tried to blame me for it.  Instead of simply asking (or even privately googling) what we we talking about, he launched into a tirade about something none of us was talking about.  And then he defended himself by saying that I wasn't being specific enough, as if his blustering was MY fault.  

So I'm being specific for him now.   ThumbsUp

Edit: By the way, I'm so much of a beer guy that I originally thought Pat's 'PA' stood for 'pale ale'.  LOL
Reply/Quote
If we are to believe the NFL is fixed, which some of us do, it doesn't really matter what happens in the Cincy/steelres game.

The NFL will surely want one more/last Brady vs Manning. It's a damn entertainment business. I don't believe in full fixing of NFL games, but the refs have played a part in nearly every other sport in a scandal or two - the players can still control the outcome.

But a Bengals championship with the backup at the helm vs. an injury riddled Steelers team. These are not stories to the NFL. Peyton might go out riding on a high horse, a good story for them.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 09:35 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If we are to believe the NFL is fixed, which some of us do, it doesn't really matter what happens in the Cincy/steelres game.

The NFL will surely want one more/last Brady vs Manning. It's a damn entertainment business. I don't believe in full fixing of NFL games, but the refs have played a part in nearly every other sport in a scandal or two - the players can still control the outcome.

But a Bengals championship with the backup at the helm vs. an injury riddled Steelers team. These are not stories to the NFL. Peyton might go out riding on a high horse, a good story for them.

That is where I fall too.

The NFL has the narrative they want.  The officials can help that along...but the players can also overcome it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 08:31 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: It's not that he didn't know.  That's understandable, and I am not making fun of that. It's that he pretended that he did, and when that got him in trouble, tried to blame me for it.  Instead of simply asking (or even privately googling) what we we talking about, he launched into a tirade about something none of us was talking about.  And then he defended himself by saying that I wasn't being specific enough, as if his blustering was MY fault.  

So I'm being specific for him now.   ThumbsUp

Edit: By the way, I'm so much of a beer guy that I originally thought Pat's 'PA' stood for 'pale ale'.  LOL

Ok I get what you're talking about now. Boy that is what you call a beer guy. I've tried Budweiser and Coors Light and didn't really like the taste of them. Both my brothers were big beer drinkers as well. Heck my one bother couldn't sleep unless he was passed out drunk.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 01:53 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Ok I get what you're talking about now. Boy that is what you call a beer guy. I've tried Budweiser and Coors Light and didn't really like the taste of them. Both my brothers were big beer drinkers as well. Heck my one bother couldn't sleep unless he was passed out drunk.  

Budweiser and Coors Light?  Meh.  That's like saying that you don't like the taste of macaroni and cheese because you've tried Kraft.  There are far better options (and many different styles of beer) out there.   

(Note to Luvnit: I am aware that Kraft is a very successful company.  However, in this particular case I am not referring to their ability to make money so much as the actual quality of their product.  And, by quality, I am referring to the taste and not any other characteristic of said product.  Other versions of mac and cheese exist - both commercial and homemade - that use better ingredients and more intricate processes to create a better tasting product.  The same can be said of beer, which is the basic thrust of my analogy.  I hope this has been specific enough for you to avoid confusion.)
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 08:13 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Budweiser and Coors Light?  Meh.  That's like saying that you don't like the taste of macaroni and cheese because you've tried Kraft.  There are far better options (and many different styles of beer) out there.   

(Note to Luvnit: I am aware that Kraft is a very successful company.  However, in this particular case I am not referring to their ability to make money so much as the actual quality of their product.  And, by quality, I am referring to the taste and not any other characteristic of said product.  Other versions of mac and cheese exist - both commercial and homemade - that use better ingredients and more intricate processes to create a better tasting product.  The same can be said of beer, which is the basic thrust of my analogy.  I hope this has been specific enough for you to avoid confusion.)

I like the footnote...but you did not post your sources.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 10:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: I like the footnote...but you did not post your sources.   Smirk

I'll be his source,  as Kraft is my employer.

I'll allow the critique of the blue box, but there better be no bad-mouthing of the Velveeta shells & cheese. 
Smack
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 10:54 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'll be his source,  as Kraft is my employer.

I'll allow the critique of the blue box, but there better be no bad-mouthing of the Velveeta shells & cheese. 
Smack

Homemade schools both of them.  

Edit: For the record, though, it wasn't meant as a critique.  There are people who love both Budweiser and Kraft.  It's just to say that if you don't like them, you may want to try other options before dismissing the whole category.   ThumbsUp

(Note to Luvnit: Still talking about taste.  Rotobeast's mention of working for Kraft was not meant to transition us into a conversation of the merits of working at various places.  Also, the 'blue box' refers to Kraft's Mac and cheese product. )
Reply/Quote