Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Board
(12-09-2015, 08:03 AM)PApinhead Wrote: Yeah, I remember that.  It's funny how they don't mention that at all.  It happened several times in that game and it came back to bite them with one of theirs getting hurt on a good tackle.

Enough of the BS. Bengals need to come out and bust these c*^ts,right in the mouth. Let this be their season end tail spin and end any chance of playoff hopes.   :sparta:
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
At the end of the Bagels thread there was a legitimately rational Steelers fan talking about whether the injuries of the different players throughout the rivalry were legal/illegal and dirty/clean.

Actually, some of the most intellectual reasoning I've seen from a Steelers fan in a very very long time.

And, shocker, he happens to live in Cincinnati.

I guess the Pittsburgh has washed off over time and he now can think like an adult human being.

Quote:I live in Cincinnati and on the way home from work they were saying the same thing about the Steelers.

Said the Ken Anderson facemask back in 1983 by Gary was cheap. Brutal and I agree it was cheap but at the time plays like that were going on all the time but not to that extent of turning the guys helmet around on his head.

Said the Kimo Von Olhauffen hit on Palmer was cheap. They will always cry about it but I say he was pushed down into his knee and his momentum on the hit shredded his knee. Was unfortunate but not cheap. I have argued this one til I've been blue in the teeth and still argue it every year.

Said Hines Ward hit on Kieth Rivers was dirty. Broken jaw, missing teeth. I was at that game and seen it live. Clean block all the way at the time but then made the Hines Ward rule about hitting a defenseless player. Can't believe they're still crying about that one although it did essentially end his career. Could not play the game the same after that.

Said the Kieth Huber blind side hit from Garvin was dirty. Broken neck, broken jaw.

Said the Hit on LeVeon Bell by Burfict this season was clean. I agree. Very unfortunate but clean. It sucks but it happens. I don't know if Burfict celebrated or not like some Steelers pllayers claim or if he heard a pop and got the heck out of there. Nobody knows for sure but Burfect himself.

I can say though that if the Steelers concentrate on paying him back then we will be in for a long ugly loss. Steelers just need to go out there and play Steeler smash mouth football and let the chips fall where they may.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 08:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Due to their fanpage, I've been exposed to a new level of douchebagery. Let the healing begin.

some wounds are too deep
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 10:25 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: The man's a beast, so yea, good luck with that.  Basically 3% chance of that happening as opposed to about a 10% chance Ben has career ending injury in this game.  Don't ask me how I come up with those statistics, you all should just trust me by now about this  Cool

Yes, come after Burfict, we know the dude has a crazy mind. Probably craziest guy on the team, and biggest. You're going to have problems. What I see out of J. Hill lately, we have other crazy minds on the team too - don't think Pacman Jones won't show you trouble if it comes to it.

This is a playoff games for the Bengals, they will win.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 09:53 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: This is probably my favorite post.  

So because the Bengals have yet to have any significant injuries they suck and are going to lose the next 3 or 4 games?  What a maroon.   LOL

and this post below is classic Steelers fan...

They're always the victim.  Rolleyes

Interesting they say that the Bengals were not good because they've been healthy and therefore will tank once they have injuries...

However, in 2014, the Bengals had a ton of key injuries and still ended up 10-5-1. I guess they only determine a team as "good" by how many playoff matchups they win (Steelers also went 0-1 last year in playoffs, so they must be just as horrible as the Bengals).

They haven't really suffered any big injuries this year either, save for Bell. However, DeAngelo Williams has been more than serviceable in his stead, so they still have plenty of offensive talent healthy. They simply have not been as good as the Bengals this year, period.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Am I a wimp because I don't want to see any cheap shots on ANYONE? Hard hits, YES. Cheap shots? NO.

I'd like the Bengals to inflict pain on the Steelers. I don't want them to inflict injury. Just a true AFC North game with clean hard hits, no bad calls and no injuries. The Bengals can afford to lose the game (albeit, they clearly don't want to). The Steelers are in big trouble if they do lose this game.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 08:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Due to their fanpage, I've been exposed to a new level of douchebagery. Let the healing begin.

Haha!!!  Try being surrounded by them in where you live and work!!! Rolleyes
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 01:52 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Am I a wimp because I don't want to see any cheap shots on ANYONE? Hard hits, YES. Cheap shots? NO.

I'd like the Bengals to inflict pain on the Steelers. I don't want them to inflict injury. Just a true AFC North game with clean hard hits, no bad calls and no injuries. The Bengals can afford to lose the game (albeit, they clearly don't want to). The Steelers are in big trouble if they do lose this game.

Nope, not a wimp at all!!!  There is no place for cheap shots, just good clean hits like you said.  I'll get on my soapbox here and say that if these guys would actually tackle and wrap up instead of going for the big hit, we'd probably have a lot fewer injuries.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 02:32 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Nope, not a wimp at all!!!  There is no place for cheap shots, just good clean hits like you said.  I'll get on my soapbox here and say that if these guys would actually tackle and wrap up instead of going for the big hit, we'd probably have a lot fewer injuries.

Agreed.  Solid tackling fundamentals would solve quite a few injury issues.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 02:45 PM)Earendil Wrote: Agreed.  Solid tackling fundamentals would solve quite a few injury issues.

Yep.  And probably lower scores as they are actually tackling guys instead of going for the big hit and missing or having them bounce off and go for a big gain or score.

Reply/Quote