Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron wants to draw Brett Favre comparisons
I made a comment that it looks like AJ is a gunslinger like Favre, but with less mobility in the pocket so far, and it looks like he agrees:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000604484/article/aj-mccarron-wants-to-draw-brett-favre-comparisons

I do like Favre's gunslinging, but not his interceptions. Especially with the way Green doesn't know how to stop them very well, lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
McCarron is comparing himself to an awful lot of HoF QBs considering he's never made an NFL start yet.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 09:14 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: McCarron is comparing himself to an awful lot of HoF QBs considering he's never made an NFL start yet.

I think the headline suggests that he is comparing himself to Favre, but the article really doesn't say that.  It's the media with their misleading headlines again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Does anyone (besides me) remember that one of Bret Favre's first games was against the Bengals and he rallied the Packers for a win? It was 1992 so that wasn't that hard of a feat but it started him on the road he went on.
Reply/Quote
I don't like farve,he spoke badly about a green bay receiver who was holding out during contract negotiations," hurting the team ". Then farve went on to hold the packers hostage for years with his retire/not retire BS. What a dbag.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ hasn't compared himself to anyone. He simply stated his position as backup getting a chance and having to be ready was exactly the same thing that happened to Brady and all other backups when the starter gets injured. And he said Favre was his favorite QB to watch. The press is simply twisting his words for sensational headlines. It's what they do.....
Reply/Quote
I suppose if he would've mentioned Scott Mitchell instead of Favre, he would be safe from criticism.  The problem was that he said he would like to be compared to Favre if anyone because of his child-like enthusiasm for the game.  Too many people have invested too much time saying he'll never be anything but a stop-gap backup that they can't turn back now. 

The fact is, we absolutely need AJM these last 3 games.  Let's get behind him FFS.  Dalton can't throw the ball with his left hand and Sanu isn't the answer either.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Lol, if he compared himself to Scott Mitchel that would have been hilarious.
Reply/Quote
here is the guy I want to be able to compare him to after the play-offs......JEFF HOSTETLER.....Who took over after Phil Simms injured in 1990 and finished last 3 games and went on to Super Bowl.   It has been done before....Go McCarron, GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:06 AM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: Does anyone (besides me) remember that one of Bret Favre's first games was against the Bengals and he rallied the Packers for a win?  It was 1992 so that wasn't that hard of a feat but it started him on the road he went on.

Of course not.  It's seared in to our memories.  The beginning of the dark times. 

(12-20-2015, 12:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Lol, if he compared himself to Scott Mitchel that would have been hilarious.

No one voluntarily compares themselves to Scott Mitchell.  That comparison is thrust upon the unfortunate. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Hostetler was the bomb.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 01:07 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Hostetler was the bomb.

He had the power of the 'stache.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 09:14 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: McCarron is comparing himself to an awful lot of HoF QBs considering he's never made an NFL start yet.

So what? I hope he aspires to be as good as Brett Favre or Tom Brady or else he's in the wrong business. He hasn't actually compared himself to these guys anyways he has said he respects their passion on the field and hopes he can carry that over into his game.

"Hi my name's AJ McCarron I'm going to be taking over for your playoff bound football team. I don't expect a whole lot out of myself so I hope you don't either." Mellow
Reply/Quote
Well, start mixing pills with drinking and sending unsuspecting females pictures of your penis, you'll get there eventually.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 02:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Well, start mixing pills with drinking and sending unsuspecting females pictures of your penis, you'll get there eventually.

Hilarious
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote