Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers Continue To Be Shitty At Drafting
(04-29-2016, 01:06 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: As usual reality disagrees with you
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/sports/nfl-draft-history/#NFL

Thanks.  That's the original story I was looking for.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I was surprised to see Pitt reach.   Thought they would go DL with Jackson Gone.    Ofc Tomlin has been reaching for a while in round 1 with few exceptions
are you saying that Tomlin gives the occasional reacharound to his first rounders? Shocked
Reply/Quote
XD! F'ing gottem, dude! Keep throwin' that FIRE !!
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Brad over here throwing rocks at the hornets nest.

Truth is, all y'all wanted the guy we got but now have to settle and defend the pick. I mean, it makes sense, but deep down inside I have no doubts y'all are aggravated as hell with the circumstances.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:47 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Brad over here throwing rocks at the hornets nest.

Truth is, all y'all wanted the guy we got but now have to settle and defend the pick. I mean, it makes sense, but deep down inside I have no doubts y'all are aggravated as hell with the circumstances.

Aaaaaaaand that has nothing to do with the topic.....
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:53 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Aaaaaaaand that has nothing to do with the topic.....

Let me spell it out then. You're aggravated because the steelers drafted shitty last night. We took their guy and they panicked by taking someone that has no business being taken in the first round. So there is a reason y'all wanted who we got, because it was the right pick. However, Pittsburgh's pick was the wrong pick and, in turn, that makes it a shitty choice. Simple really.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:59 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Let me spell it out then. You're aggravated because the steelers drafted shitty last night. We took their guy and they panicked by taking someone that has no business being taken in the first round. So there is a reason y'all wanted who we got, because it was the right pick. However, Pittsburgh's pick was the wrong pick and, in turn, that makes it a shitty choice. Simple really.

Eh I don't know. The Steelers turned in their pick pretty damn quick.

While I agree drafting a guy with a 3rd/4th round grade in the first reeks of desperation, I can't help but think the organization isn't that upset.

Besides, it's all moot right now anyways. This is literally arguing whose paper airplane will fly further while you're on your way to the store to buy the paper.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:16 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Eh I don't know. The Steelers turned in their pick pretty damn quick.

While I agree drafting a guy with a 3rd/4th round grade in the first reeks of desperation, I can't help but think the organization isn't that upset.

Besides, it's all moot right now anyways. This is literally arguing whose paper airplane will fly further while you're on your way to the store to buy the paper.
Well if the two teams were making paper airplanes last night, I'll give you one guess on whose stayed aloft the longest. 

Reply/Quote
Best explanation I heard so far today (and mind you I don't follow the draft because I don't follow CFB).

Someone on the radio said this is like complaining to your spouse you want a new car for years and when they get you one you say it's the wrong color.

The Steelers finally get a CB in the first round, six foot, almost 200 pounds, fast, producer....but fans are complaining he is the *right* CB.

And then in the next breath saying the Steelers usually know what they are doing...except this time.

Which is ANOTHER good reason I don't care about the draft:  Nothing matters about it until the players take the field.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Best explanation I heard so far today (and mind you I don't follow the draft because I don't follow CFB).

Someone on the radio said this is like complaining to your spouse you want a new car for years and when they get you one you say it's the wrong color.

The Steelers finally get a CB in the first round, six foot, almost 200 pounds, fast, producer....but fans are complaining he is the *right* CB.

And then in the next breath saying the Steelers usually know what they are doing...except this time.

Which is ANOTHER good reason I don't care about the draft:  Nothing matters about it until the players take the field.

You really should start to follow college football more.  Its WAY better than the nfl.  Saturday football for me is the meat and potatoes of the weekend.  Sunday football is just the icing on the cake.  nothing more. 

If you need to "pick" a team, choose the Iowa Hawkeyes.  Their the team the SteAlers stole their look from.  Black helmets, black jerseys, and yellow pants. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: You really should start to follow college football more.  Its WAY better than the nfl.  Saturday football for me is the meat and potatoes of the weekend.  Sunday football is just the icing on the cake.  nothing more. 

If you need to "pick" a team, choose the Iowa Hawkeyes.  Their the team the SteAlers stole their look from.  Black helmets, black jerseys, and yellow pants. 

Nope.  It's the other way around.  In 1979, Iowa coach Hayden Fry got permission from the Steelers to emulate their uniforms.  Look it up. 

Also, it's "they're", not "their". 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:19 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: This is weak smack.

Draft smack only works 2 years down the road.

Otherwise you sound like one of the clueless dudes that made threads about Keith Rivers being the next Ray Lewis  :/

Yep.  ThumbsUp

But Brad's clueless-ness is like Martavis Bryant's weed problem.  Exposing it does little to stop it. 
Reply/Quote
What's that's supposed to be? Draft value?

Tomlin has missed on 1st round picks Jarvis Jones, Dupree, Mendenhall, Hood... In that same set of years cincy's bad 1st round picks were Gresham and Rivers. And we ended up trading rivers to take Marvin Jones or Iloka (can't remember which)

Not posting this to slam: But the steelers and Ravens used to be a lot better at drafting than they have been lately. For Pitt the inconsistencies started when Tomlin was hired. Probably why he is moving the defense to a 4-3. I do think the Ravens have been even worse than Pitt.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What's that's supposed to be?   Draft value?  

Tomlin has missed on 1st round picks Jarvis Jones, Dupree, Mendenhall, Hood...    In that same set of years cincy's bad 1st round picks were Gresham and Rivers.   And we ended up trading rivers to take Marvin Jones or Iloka (can't remember which)

Not posting this to slam:   But the steelers and Ravens used to be a lot better at drafting than they have been lately.    For Pitt the inconsistencies started when Tomlin was hired.    Probably why he is moving the defense to a 4-3.    I do think the Ravens have been even worse than Pitt.

Um, Bud Dupree was a rookie last year and you're calling him a bust already? You sound worse than some Steelers homers. Also Mendenhall was a very productive RB until he decided to call it a career at an early age. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:40 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Um,  Bud Dupree was a rookie last year and you're calling him a bust already? You sound worse than some Steelers homers. Also Mendenhall was a very productive RB until he decided to call it a career at an early age. 

just ignore him, he likes to pretend he knows football
People suck
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: You really should start to follow college football more.  Its WAY better than the nfl.  Saturday football for me is the meat and potatoes of the weekend.  Sunday football is just the icing on the cake.  nothing more. 

I have a basic knowledge of each season...throw back to radio days when I followed scores and bowl games. I just have other things to interest me.

I kind of pay attention to the "local" teams, Pitt, Penn State, WVU.  I just don't have a horse in the race and I choose to not worry if the CB from some school I've never seen is better than the LG from another one, that's all.

Plus watching the bigger school chew on cupcakes is annoying for half the season.  I don't like the ranking system.  I think that NCAA is corrupt and may be evil.

So there's that too.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:59 PM)Griever Wrote: just ignore him, he likes to pretend he knows football

I thought that was Brad. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:40 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Remember when the Steelers were good at drafting and that's how they built championship teams?

Yeah........ me either.

We grabbed the corner they wanted right before them because that's how we do, so they reached and got a guy with a fourth-round grade.

Smart thinking, guys ThumbsUp

Yahoo rates it as a D+.

ProFootballFocus gave them a D.

BleacherReport was nicer and gave them a B, but that was a sympathy grade because of Burns' family problems.

SBNation gave them a C, while noting that the Steelers had the 30th ranked pass D and that Burns doesn't fit the Steelers' zone scheme. They also note that they had him ranked in the 50s.

Steelers continue their free-fall and pretty soon all of you will only be able to talk about remembering past glory............. but that's all you really do now anyways, so rock on ThumbsUp
Didn't you try the same argument when DeCastro and Zeitler were drafted? Ha!
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:14 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I thought that was Brad. 

him too

along with bfine

kind of like the trifecta of stupid
People suck
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:12 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: NFL.com gave them a B+ and Cincinnati a C.

Grades are meaningless at this point.

Meaningless? Brad has put his heart and soul into these offseason victories.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote