Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REPORT: League’s CBA may offer loophole in Myles Garrett’s suspension appeal
REPORT: League’s CBA may offer loophole in Myles Garrett’s suspension appeal

https://fox8.com/2019/11/17/report-leagues-cba-may-offer-loophole-in-myles-garretts-suspension-appeal/?fbclid=IwAR2-K35D2-ElG4iBtBULKHCY24l7QIjnPe7dZXkj-O8NPsPGyV8hBmAFz64

CLEVELAND (WJW) — Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett may have found a loophole in the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement that could speed up his return to the field.

NFL Insider Ian Rapoport took to Twitter Sunday stating a source said Garrett could argue that the agreement does not allow for indefinite suspensions for on-field actions.

He also added that as Garrett gets set to appeal his suspension, he will "hope for a finite number, as well as a reduction."
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Doesn't the commissioner have the ability to just simply place him on his exempt list, until he's ready to sort all of this out?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If Garrett thinks he's getting a reduction, he's out of his damn mind.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
“You’re right, Myles. I can’t give you an indefinite suspension. So five years it is.”
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I doubt he gets a reduction but I think he has a chance to get an actual number of games defined.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Doesn't the commissioner have the ability to just simply place him on his exempt list, until he's ready to sort all of this out?

He does, however he would continue to receive a game check, whereas a suspension elminates the pay as well.

I have a feeling they will say he is eligible week 2 next season, just to prove a point about him appealing it...
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 10:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He does, however he would continue to receive a game check, whereas a suspension elminates the pay as well.

I have a feeling they will say he is eligible week 2 next season, just to prove a point about him appealing it...

Browns' Garrett to appeal, taking shot at junk defense

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-garrett-appeal-taking-shot-203246115.html
According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, Garrett intends to argue he was provoked by a shot to the groin from Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 06:43 PM)Vambo Wrote: Browns' Garrett to appeal, taking shot at junk defense

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-garrett-appeal-taking-shot-203246115.html
According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, Garrett intends to argue he was provoked by a shot to the groin from Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph.

That's what a cup is for...
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 08:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That's what a cup is for...

Myles Garrett accuses Steelers' Mason Rudolph of using racial slur before brawl during appeal hearing: report

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
What? No penalty for scumbag.. I mean Mason Rudolph for instigating the altercation - twice?
#1 - prying at Garret's helmet
#2 - chasing a person walking away
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 05:40 PM)Vambo Wrote: Myles Garrett accuses Steelers' Mason Rudolph of using racial slur before brawl during appeal hearing: report

playing the race card.... is a sad attempt to justify his actions
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 05:40 PM)Vambo Wrote: Myles Garrett accuses Steelers' Mason Rudolph of using racial slur before brawl during appeal hearing: report

I don't remember hearing anything about this until today, I'm skeptical at this point.
Reply/Quote

No evidence of a racial slur found and Garrett suspension upheld. Guess he felt like he had to try something.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 08:41 PM)cinci4life Wrote: No evidence of a racial slur found and Garrett suspension upheld. Guess he felt like he had to try something.

Pretty obvious he made an unwanted sexual advance. Rudolf was trying to rip off his helmet to kiss him..Case closed! Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote