Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Ben done for the season
Just on ESPN Big Ben having elbow surgery this week, done for the season; that is all.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:01 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Just on ESPN Big Ben having elbow surgery this week, done for the season; that is all.

Just saw that........  you gotta wonder if he's done for good.  

He has taken a beating but he might still need the thrill and excitement since he can't get it from raping college girls in bar bathrooms anymore.
Reply/Quote
Eerily quiet from the Steeler's coalition, not much they can say really. They just said they are looking to hire a veteran backup.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just saw that........  you gotta wonder if he's done for good.  

He has taken a beating but he might still need the thrill and excitement since he can't get it from raping college girls in bar bathrooms anymore.

67 million guaranteed looks really bad for the Steelers. 
Reply/Quote
Looks like we've got ourselves a race to the basement between the Bengals and Steelers. Should be a real nail biter!
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:39 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Looks like we've got ourselves a race to the basement between the Bengals and Steelers!  Should be a real nailbiter!

The ironic thing about this is that the Reds are in a race with the Pirates to stay out of the basement in the NL Central.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:30 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: 67 million guaranteed looks really bad for the Steelers. 

That is the risk you take with a 37 year old QB.

But, he should recover and be back a year older in 2020.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Glad that I didn't take him on my fantasy team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/tommy-john-surgery-ucl-reconstruction#2

Tommy John surgery is a 1-2 recovery. Ben wont be ready until at least the 2021 season. (Hopefully) by then Rudolph will have firmly made himself the Steelers QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:24 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Eerily quiet from the Steeler's coalition, not much they can say really. They just said they are looking to hire a veteran backup.

I was actually encouraged by what we saw from Rudolph yesterday.  I’m not expecting playoffs at this point, but at least we’ll get a good chance to see what we have with him.  I thought he did pretty well considering the pressure that was on him.  He certainly didn’t lose the game - the crucial interception was on Montrcrief.  
Reply/Quote
He hurt his raping elbow.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Glad that I didn't take him on my fantasy team.

Rant

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 06:31 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: He hurt his raping elbow.

Oh geez, that's original Yawn

That's Brad level material right there. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 06:40 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Oh geez, that's original Yawn

I stayed up late and woke up early. Punching down is all I have the energy for.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 06:40 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Oh geez, that's original Yawn

It's possible that Ben may have played his final down in the NFL.  He's made his money, he's won some championships.  Besides, the kid looked pretty damn good in relief.  I'm not sure that anyone expected that.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 07:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's possible that Ben may have played his final down in the NFL.  He's made his money, he's won some championships.  Besides, the kid looked pretty damn good in relief.  I'm not sure that anyone expected that.

Not likely. 

Quote:"The Steelers committed three years to me this offseason and I fully intend to honor my contract and reward them with championship level play," Roethlisberger added. "I will do all I can to support Mason and the team this season to help win games. I love this game, my teammates, the Steelers organization and fans, and I feel in my heart I have a lot left to give."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001055677/article/steelers-ben-roethlisberger-elbow-out-for-the-year

That quote is about halfway down the article.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
They'll still sweep us.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 08:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They'll still sweep us.

The trade for Fitzpatrick is interesting.  Maybe they’re trying for an ‘awesome D/game-managing-qb’ combination for this year.  
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:36 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: The trade for Fitzpatrick is interesting.  Maybe they’re trying for an ‘awesome D/game-managing-qb’ combination for this year.  
Hey it worked in 2005. Tongue
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Hey it worked in 2005. Tongue

For the actual Super Bowl, yes.  Ben was pretty stellar for the rest of the playoffs that year, though.  I seem to recall that his QB rating for the other three post-season games was 120-something.  
Reply/Quote