Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers Get Chippy With Each Other At Practice!
The Steelers continue to fall apart!

Their coach might be leaving, their rapist savior is hurt and might be gone after this year, and the coaches are so pissed about how bad the team sucks that they made them practice in full pads yesterday, and that turned into fights among teammates!

It's going to hell in a handbasket!

Quote:The Steelers aren’t happy. For now, they’re taking out their frustrations on each other.

Via Mark Kaboly of TheAthletic.com, Wednesday’s practice featured multiple skirmishes among teammates.

The defense, per Kaboly, took liberties during a padded practice that wasn’t supposed to be a full-contact session.

“It’s the way I like to practice, and I hold people up to that account,” defensive captain Cam Heyward said, via Kaboly. “We try not to let it get out of hand and leave it on the field.”

Offensive players were far less loquacious.

“I really don’t want to talk about it, to be honest,” guard David DeCastro said. “I know you want to know what’s going on, but I don’t want to talk about it.”

DeCastro reportedly was involved in the first of multiple altercations that unfolded during practice. Heyward remained unapologetic.

“We are chippy,” Heyward said. “We are 1-4. All we want are Ws. It’s like with everything you do. If you aren’t getting results that you want, you are going to get ticked off. We are trying to win a game, and that’s all I care about right now. You have to emulate the game.”

Veteran guard Ramon Foster was chippy about the chippiness.

“When I talk about it, it takes me to a dark spot,” Foster said, per Kaboly. “I would rather not, but you should know better. There is such a thing as a training camp where you can hash out all of that and there is such a thing of being a pro, and I am a believer of being a pro. Give all you want to in camp, I don’t care, it’s camp. When the season starts, you become a pro to each other, to the team, to the community.”

It looks like there’s a difference of opinion among Steelers players as to what it takes to be a pro. For guys like Heyward, it takes aggression and fight. While that may not translate to a win on Sunday against the Chargers, it at least gave frustrated players a chance to work out some of their anger over losing four of five games.

"It takes me to a dark spot."

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

He sounds like a 12-year-old girl!

The Steelers are imploding and crying! I've never seen either one at a level this high! I always talk about their downfall, but if Tomlin leaves and they keep all these bitches on the roster, they might be screwed for real this time!
Reply/Quote
And yet still.....somehow.....they remain better than the Bengals. Mellow
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 03:05 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: And yet still.....somehow.....they remain better than the Bengals.    Mellow

Steelers are just worried about being better than the Bengals right now?

Hilarious

"Forget competing for titles or even putting competitive teams on the field because we're still better than one of the least-successful franchises in the NFL in the last three decades!"

Steelers fans are hilarious!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 03:05 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: And yet still.....somehow.....they remain better than the Bengals.    Mellow

Not like it takes much.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 04:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Steelers are just worried about being better than the Bengals right now?

Hilarious

"Forget competing for titles or even putting competitive teams on the field because we're still better than one of the least-successful franchises in the NFL in the last three decades!"

Steelers fans are hilarious!

IE...Even at our worst we're not the Bengals.  LOL    ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 04:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Not like it takes much.  Whatever

We will never know the low you know.   Cool

Reply/Quote
Right now Marvin Lewis is somewhere doing this......

[Image: cincinnati-bengals-head-coach-marvin-lew...d100370582]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:21 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: We will never know the low you know.   Cool

Here's to hoping the Steelers take up THAT challenge.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:26 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Right now Marvin Lewis is somewhere doing this......

[Image: cincinnati-bengals-head-coach-marvin-lew...d100370582]

Nah...he'd still like to be getting paid several million dollars a year for standing there with his arms folded. 
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Meh.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 02:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Steelers continue to fall apart!

Their coach might be leaving, their rapist savior is hurt and might be gone after this year, and the coaches are so pissed about how bad the team sucks that they made them practice in full pads yesterday, and that turned into fights among teammates!

Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

The Steelers are imploding and crying!  I've never seen either one at a level this high!  I always talk about their downfall, but if Tomlin leaves and they keep all these bitches on the roster, they might be screwed for real this time!
As seen from your double wide parked in Blue Balls Kentucky. Keep up the good work! Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote

The Steelers are imploding and crying!  I've never seen either one at a level this high!  I always talk about their downfall, but if Tomlin leaves and they keep all these bitches on the roster, they might be screwed for real this time!

They’re 1-4 and you’re still scouring the news reports looking for weaknesses. Maybe you should get a hobby or something ... 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 08:34 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: They’re 1-4 and you’re still scouring the news reports looking for weaknesses. Maybe you should get a hobby or something ... 

He's one of the better beat writers the Steelers have.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 10:11 AM)jason Wrote: He's one of the better beat writers the Steelers have.

Indeed.  LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 08:34 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: They’re 1-4 and you’re still scouring the news reports looking for weaknesses. Maybe you should get a hobby or something ... 

Maybe this is his problem.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:59 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Maybe this is his problem.

Speaking of time...shouldn't you be off right about now crying in your Cellar Rats stout, after Baker's latest bed shitting?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

So how’re ya doin’ there, bud? [Image: 8AWxq9g.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 20191013_steelers_chargers_0063.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 03:27 PM)Dill Wrote: [Image: 20191013_steelers_chargers_0063.jpg]

If this is what a downfall looks like, sign me up!  LOL
Reply/Quote
You know, it occurs to me that with this latest demonstration of Brad being proved wrong that he might finally understand that his biased perception is not the only window into reality.  Perhaps he will come to see that the way he WANTS to interpret things isn’t necessarily and undeniably  the way things ARE.  Maybe he’s ready to take that particular step into maturity ...

Reply/Quote