Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers' Gilbert wants to play Bengals in playoffs
"Talk is between the lines".... Then talks shit on Twitter.. ok
Reply/Quote
Cool. Would like to see the Steelers take on a healthy Dalton. If they even make the playoffs.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are tough, but the Bengals know them as well as they know the Bengals. If the two meet again, I wouldn't be intimidated.

Yesterdays game was disastrous in a lot of ways, but if the Bengals cleaned up the two big INTs, they're right there. All this with a backup quarterback who's had no practice snaps and 4 plays of NFL experience. The Steelers all-world QB had zero touchdowns against a very depleted Bengals secondary.

I'd personally like to see this matchup again. Of course, I'd like to see it with a healthy Adam Jones and Tyler Eifert. I'd also like to see it with a more polished and practiced McCarron under center.

The Steelers are good, but they're not the unstoppable juggernaut that the they and the media apparently feel they are.

Some games are closer than score appears and some aren't. After some time to consider, I thin yesterday's was closer than the final count. An offense with those weapons vs a patchwork secondary could've hung 50 on the defense.
Reply/Quote
It's funny that Gilbert talks about this seeing as how he's never experienced a playoff win.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 05:25 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It's funny that Gilbert talks about this seeing as how he's never experienced a playoff win.

drops mic
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 11:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: They've got to be feeling good about the way they roughed the Bengals up, and avenged Bell. Instead of playing composed like champions, the Bengals walked right into their trap.

The Bengals are still the little brothers of the North. They must learn the difference between battles (the first game against the Steelers), and wars (the second game). The Steelers sacrificed the battle with an injured Big Ben, but won the war handedly, and are feeling good about it.

You can't blame them. Big games aren't too big for them. Emotionally or physically.

I remember the look of Chad, TJ , and Marvin on the sidelines during the playoff game of 05. Emotionally drained and defeated after the emotions of losing Palmer and being beat up by the Steelers while watching their championship dreams slip away. Green and co had that same look on their face on the bench yesterday.

Hard to win a "war" when your general has been killed both times.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 11:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: They've got to be feeling good about the way they roughed the Bengals up, and avenged Bell. Instead of playing composed like champions, the Bengals walked right into their trap.

The Bengals are still the little brothers of the North. They must learn the difference between battles (the first game against the Steelers), and wars (the second game). The Steelers sacrificed the battle with an injured Big Ben, but won the war handedly, and are feeling good about it.

You can't blame them. Big games aren't too big for them. Emotionally or physically.

I remember the look of Chad, TJ , and Marvin on the sidelines during the playoff game of 05. Emotionally drained and defeated after the emotions of losing Palmer and being beat up by the Steelers while watching their championship dreams slip away. Green and co had that same look on their face on the bench yesterday.

Didnt the Bengals do this to them the first game? So we have split the season series and our QB was injured and the number one td producer in the league were out and you say we choked? I dont get it
Reply/Quote