Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Have Injured Bengals QB's
I can point out Ken Andersons head turned around like The Exorcist movie as a Steeler did the most intentional face mask grab I have ever seen. Ken Anderson lucky he didn't get a broken neck and paralyzed or killed.

I can point out Carson Palmer 2005 Play-offs. Game starts and Carson connects on a long bomb. Then we see Carson on ground. Steelers took out Carson's knee on a low hit long after he had thrown the ball. Of course such a hit is illegal now, but Carson worked his rear end off to come back from what for many is a career ending injury.

I can point out 2015 and Bengals 8-0. It comes as no surprise that Andy Dalton having an NFL MVP year was injured for the season in The Steelers Game.

Now we come to Covid 2020 season and The Rebuilding New Day Bengals against an 8-0 Steelers in Pittsburgh. The Bengals bright shiny new future of seasons to come is QB Joe Burrow behind a MASH Unit of an offensive line that has the most replacement players since the 1987 NFL strike replacement team. Add to it some now are on Covid list. Bengals just cut a LB and added an O Lineman to reserve squad due to O Line injuries and Covid. The 8-0 Steelers monster Defense will be wanting to lay hits on the Heisman Boy putting up Rookie of the Year numbers.

So you can bet Tomlins D wants to welcome the rookie to the NFL in Steelers fashion by clobbering another Bengals quarterback. The best way to get to 9-0 is to blow up Burrow. Plus they really don't want to play Burrow the next 10 or 15 years. The Steelers goal will be to take advantage of injured O Line and lay extra hard hits on Burrow all game. It helps that the Refs let Steelers get by with it as announcers call it tough Steeler Football, when every other team would get flagged by refs for same hits.

As for refs, look at Steelers vs Cowboys. Steeler player after a catch was holding face mask on Cowboy receiver on ground, trying to twist his neck like Ken Anderson. Refs flew a flag on the Cowboy receiver for getting mad about it. So Burrow can expect no help from Refs who will let Steelers do their late cheap hits in the name of Steelers Football.

Many of you want to see a Bengals win Sunday. I will be happy if Burrow isn't carried off on a stretcher. If Burrow comes out of this game healthy, I will be happy. The Steelers first meeting with Burrow will be to injure him as they try to do all Bengals QBs. They will be giving him that Late Hit Plus Extra, and the Refs let Steelers get by with it unlike other teams. I will be happy if Joe Burrow is healthy after the game, no matter the score. Our MASH Unit O Line adds to my concern on this.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Andy got injured being Andy... He got hurt making the tackle on a pick. Not like the stealers intentionally injured Dalton.. Not like he was some steeler Killer or somethin...
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 03:56 AM)Tony Wrote: Andy got injured being Andy... He got hurt making the tackle on a pick.  Not like the stealers intentionally injured Dalton.. Not like he was some steeler Killer or somethin...

Maybe you are right. Maybe the Steelers never intentionally try to injure anybody.  Maybe they are the cleanest playing team in NFL.   Maybe, but I still say the Steelers are the dirtiest cheap shot artists in NFL for years, and the Refs and NFL let them get by with it as they would no other team.  and lets not forget Hines Ward who made a career out of late after the play cheap hits.  I say when you play the Steelers you can expect late cheap hits all game, and don't expect any help from the Refs or NFL because they seem to like to let the Steelers get away with it.  The announcers calling it tough Steeler football, when no other team would be allowed such cheap hits. 

Put a big BULLS-EYE on Burrow as Steelers try to destroy him all game behind Bengals injured O Line.  If Burrow comes out of this game healthy, I will be happy.  

The Bengals better run the ball some. If they pass every play, Burrow will get killed.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 04:12 AM)kevin Wrote: Maybe you are right. Maybe the Steelers never intentionally try to injure anybody.  Maybe they are the cleanest playing team in NFL.   Maybe, but I still say the Steelers are the dirtiest cheap shot artists in NFL for years, and the Refs and NFL let them get by with it as they would no other team.  and lets not forget Hines Ward who made a career out of late after the play cheap hits.  I say when you play the Steelers you can expect late cheap hits all game, and don't expect any help from the Refs or NFL because they seem to like to let the Steelers get away with it.  The announcers calling it tough Steeler football, when no other team would be allowed such cheap hits. 

Put a big BULLS-EYE on Burrow as Steelers try to destroy him all game behind Bengals injured O Line.  If Burrow comes out of this game healthy, I will be happy.  

The Bengals better run the ball some.  If they pass every play, Burrow will get killed.

Not what he said at all. Everyone knows the Steelers play dirty and intentionally try to injure opponents. All he said, and he is correct, is that Andy was injured on a football play with nothing nefarious about it.
Reply/Quote
I’ll just be happy if burrow isn’t injured.

I’m not afraid of Pittsburgh, but I hate knowing Pittsburgh gets away with a lot more even in this era of the nfl than other teams.

I want to see progress on picking up blitz packages and burrow throwing it hot or away, but we all know what Pittsburgh will try to dbs a way to cheap shot burrow somehow
Reply/Quote
I honestly don’t feel like it’s gonna be dirty. We’ve gotten rid of really everybody that make that rivalry so intense, and we haven’t been a competitor to them for a while now.

Andy’s injury was not any fault of Steelers players lol. Man did that suck though, what a year we were having.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 04:12 AM)kevin Wrote:  Maybe the Steelers never intentionally try to injure anybody. 

No they do, because they're a bunch go bitches...I really miss Burfict when we play them. He ALWAYS puts the scare in them and its nice when the shoe was on the other foot.

Is it possible to get him back for two games a season?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 11:02 AM)GodFather Wrote: No they do, because they're a bunch go bitches...I really miss Burfict when we play them. He ALWAYS puts the scare in them and its nice when the shoe was on the other foot.

Is it possible to get him back for two games a season?  Ninja

He doesn't even have to play. Just have him on the sideline glaring at them.

Kind of like a reverse-cheerleader.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They flat out told our players in the pre-game warmups they were coming after Huber and were going to take him out. They are as dirty as they come.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure what sickens me more.

The fact that they are without question the dirtiest team in league history.

or

The fact that the media and league just fawn over them an award the dirty play with no flags, no fines and cheer leading from media members.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 01:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm not sure what sickens me more.

The fact that they are without question the dirtiest team in league history.

or

The fact that the media and league just fawn over them an award the dirty play with no flags, no fines and cheer leading from media members.

We have a 2 win team against a 9 win team. The 9 win team has a QB (supposedly hobbled by slight injuries to both knees) so if I am Lou,
I send blitzes every play, minimum of 6 in the box with goal to drive an OL into Ben's legs. He will not be mobile so if we attack them, chances are we hit him early and often. If we give up big plays, who cares, we are a 2 win team.
Go after Ben and make the OL protect him the entire game.

They had 2 weeks to prepare, stop the vanilla BS defense and come after him, he is not getting any younger and has lost mobility. To be clear, nothing illegal, but go after him hard.

I have no doubt they will blitz Joe early and often trying to put huge hits on him, so we need to do the same, if we lose the game big who cares.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 02:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We have a 2 win team against a 9 win team. The 9 win team has a QB (supposedly hobbled by slight injuries to both knees) so if I am Lou,
I send blitzes every play, minimum of 6 in the box with goal to drive an OL into Ben's legs. He will not be mobile so if we attack them, chances are we hit him early and often. If we give up big plays, who cares, we are a 2 win team.

They had 2 weeks to prepare, stop the vanilla BS defense and come after him, he is not getting any younger and has lost mobility. To be clear, nothing illegal, but go after him hard.

I have no doubt they will blitz Joe early and often trying to put huge hits on him, so we need to do the same, if we lose the game big who cares.

We'd end up being labeled dirty and accused of trying to hurt poor rapist Ben. Then the league would step in and fine, suspend or both any player that hit Ben.

Finally, you'd probably get hit with a bounty-gate type of punishment, where they take away picks.

Trust me, I'd love to see the D just hit him every single play, and send him to concussion land, but the fall-out wouldn't be worth it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 02:14 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: We'd end up being labeled dirty and accused of trying to hurt poor rapist Ben. Then the league would step in and fine, suspend or both any player that hit Ben.

Finally, you'd probably get hit with a bounty-gate type of punishment, where they take away picks.

Trust me, I'd love to see the D just hit him every single play, and send him to concussion land, but the fall-out wouldn't be worth it.

There is nothing illegal about blitzing every play. I clearly stated, hit him legally or cause his own blockers to hit him.,

That is just football. Same thing they will do against us.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 You're completely naive and out of touch if you don't already know that their crooked assed HC has already made it known that he'll pay any fine(s) incurred by illegal hits. You also have to know that the players have somehow been made aware that if certain Bengal players are knocked out of the game there will be an envelope waiting in their locker...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Burfict was the only one who really brought it to them like they did us.
Reply/Quote
Time to repay the favor...
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 04:38 PM)Destro Wrote: Burfict was the only one who really brought it to them like they did us.

Reggie Nelson was also a Steeler killer.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 02:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We have a 2 win team against a 9 win team. The 9 win team has a QB (supposedly hobbled by slight injuries to both knees) so if I am Lou,

They’re 8-0. Let’s not give them any more credit than we have to. And I wouldn’t want you misinforming people...

“fACts MAtTeR”

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 04:38 PM)Destro Wrote: Burfict was the only one who really brought it to them like they did us.

It's actually quite hilarious how they cried about Burfict for years yet they had players doing what he did for decades and saw nothing wrong with it.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 01:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They flat out told our players in the pre-game warmups they were coming after Huber and were going to take him out. They are as dirty as they come.

They said in pre-game they were coming after the punter??
Reply/Quote