Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers LB Threatened Burfict
So we play them again, closer to the playoffs. I have no doubt in my mind that the Steelers will be out to hurt our players on purpose. That's just who they are as a team.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 02:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Internal protocols for the steelers is to keep an active duty Sheriff on the payroll as a "cleaner"

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12210027/pittsburgh-steelers-security-chief-dual-role-sheriff-officer-questioned

No other organization is getting stories written about this type of person on the payroll. Honestly, that organization is as corrupt as they come.

I know that for a fact, at least back in the late '90's to early '00's, that if any cop pulled over a Steeler for any infraction they are not to write a ticket. I went to college near Pittsburgh and my girlfriend's (at the time) uncle was a Pittsburgh Detective and always joked to me that you won't see a Steeler get in trouble in Pittsburgh as long as he was in law enforcement.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 07:56 PM)Trademark Wrote: These guys are a bunch of chumps
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25362460/steelers-lb-threatens-bengals-burfict-on-twitter-after-bell-injury

Absolutely love it. These losers crying over a completely legal hit that was just a great football play.

As Tez says, Bell is a friend of his and he would never intentionally hurt the guy. Plus as we all know from history the Steelers actually know about this kind of behavior so big surprise coming from a team that has intentionally went after teams best players cause they knew they had no chance to win if they did not hurt them.

I cannot wait for the next game when we light these guys up big time. I am sayin it right here, we beat the shit out of them next time...
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 01:16 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I have no doubt in my mind that the Steelers will be out to hurt our players on purpose....

(They always are.)

...and, like this time, it backfires. 

Reply/Quote
Well, in all reality, Marvin needs to get with the NFL and this crap needs to be taken care of prior to the next game and the first time one of the Stoolers goes low on someone they need to be ejected and fined. If I was Commissioner and had players publicly stating they were going to try to purposely injure another player you can be sure that owner and coach would be in my office for an explanation.
Reply/Quote
Burfict has already said that him and Bell are friends. If this wasn't true, Bell would have said so by now. His Steeler teammates should stand down.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 02:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, in all reality, Marvin needs to get with the NFL and this crap needs to be taken care of prior to the next game and the first time one of the Stoolers goes low on someone they need to be ejected and fined. If I was Commissioner and had players publicly stating they were going to try to purposely injure another player you can be sure that owner and coach would be in my office for an explanation.

They pull a knife, we pull a gun. They send one of ours to the hospital, we send one of theirs to the morgue. That's the Cincinnati way! And that's how you get Tomlin. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? The Bengals are offering you a deal. Do you want this deal?
Reply/Quote
I got to this waaaayyyy earlier than CBS! :-) Actually talked to Tez too about this specific threat, too (GASP!) But I get it. We choose not to make headlines out of such things -- figured the more important news on Monday was how he was feeling / how he reacted to playing for the first time in over a year.

The league won't ever step in on something like this. Now, if Williams actually assaulted Burfict in the offseason, this could be used in a criminal case, but guys have popped off like this first to us in the traditional media, and then on their own social media accounts, for years. Now, while the league office may not SAY anything publicly, or even to the teams, they will for sure inform the officiating crew working that game to keep a close eye on things. That happens for sure.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 02:59 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Now, if Williams actually assaulted Burfict in the offseason, this could be used in a criminal case....

It'd be a case, alright! Homicide with a self-defense plea.
Reply/Quote
I shudder to think where Burfict would be if Marvin hadn't decided to take a chance and take him in.

Adam Jones said as much Monday on the Holy Grail about himself and how much he has learned from ML and the Bengals organization.

I think Burfict would probably be on Americas Most Wanted from the direction he, himself, has talked about.

He sees Marvin as a father figure. Great family atmosphere on this team.
Reply/Quote
Burfict is probably one guy you don't want to taunt. Taunt Gio Bernard or something! He'd just hire Burfict as his bodyguard anyway. Hell, Ill taunt Gio Bernard - he still drives a beatup minivan. Splurge son, you made it. You're no John manziel.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Just bulletin board material for the next game.. They wont be on the field at the same time.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 10:28 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: 2am he was probably drunk or drinking.  I have watched the replay a few times and I cannot understand how anyone can think it was a dirty hit.  How could you even plan that?  Bell was still completely upright and in bounds while Burfict is airborne with his arms wrapped around him.  He was not going for his knee.  I see the same type of tackle multiple times in every game I watch.  Bells leg just went the wrong way.

I have to say though, I feel awful for Bell.  I don't care what team you play for, I HATE to see ANYONE hurt like that.  Looking at Bells face while he was sitting on the cart made me sick.  Felt so bad for the guy.

Totally agree with this.  I felt the same way.  2nd year in a row and not telling how it will affect his career.

But I've looked at that hit - it was totally clean.  Burfict may be reaping what he has done in the past and for his ever active mouth, but he's hardly the only trash talker in the league and there is no way you could consider that hit as dirty in any way.  It was a text book tackle that did not target his head or his knees.

The players that taunted Jones after he was plastered are the ones that should be taken to task...  Oh that's right, they were.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 04:44 PM)3wt Wrote: Totally agree with this.  I felt the same way.  2nd year in a row and not telling how it will affect his career.

But I've looked at that hit - it was totally clean.  Burfict may be reaping what he has done in the past and for his ever active mouth, but he's hardly the only trash talker in the league and there is no way you could consider that hit as dirty in any way.  It was a text book tackle that did not target his head or his knees.

The players that taunted Jones after he was plastered are the ones that should be taken to task...  Oh that's right, they were.

Yeah, as much as i hate the Stealers Bell is a great player and seems like a good man. I feel for the dude.

Not the team though, piss on 'em as STC says.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 02:59 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I got to this waaaayyyy earlier than CBS! :-) Actually talked to Tez too about this specific threat, too (GASP!) But I get it. We choose not to make headlines out of such things -- figured the more important news on Monday was how he was feeling / how he reacted to playing for the first time in over a year.

The league won't ever step in on something like this. Now, if Williams actually assaulted Burfict in the offseason, this could be used in a criminal case, but guys have popped off like this first to us in the traditional media, and then on their own social media accounts, for years. Now, while the league office may not SAY anything publicly, or even to the teams, they will for sure inform the officiating crew working that game to keep a close eye on things. That happens for sure.

I would hope so. Not only would I tell the refs to keep things under control, I'd send letters to each team informing them the punishments will be legendary if anyone goes knee/head hunting in the rematch... You can't have this crap in modern football, with social media scrutiny. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 07:56 PM)Trademark Wrote: These guys are a bunch of chumps
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25362460/steelers-lb-threatens-bengals-burfict-on-twitter-after-bell-injury

This is unacceptable. I suggest any Bengals fan on Facebook post this tweet so the world can see the class of the Steeler's organization and their players. Huber gets taken out by a true cheap shot and he is man enough to say it is football. If the Steeler's do not cut/suspend him it is another example of their true colors. The Steeler's fans should be in an uproar.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Oh, this just keeps getting better and better, lol.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/payback-s-a-mitch-steelers-safety-sounds-off-on-cincinnati/article_1d6007ce-833d-11e5-b7a6-bf9476984243.html

PITTSBURGH -- Apparently, Mike Mitchell is a player for whom the NFL's 10-minute post-game cool-down period is just not enough. Three days later, the Steelers safety was still fuming over last week's loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.

And on Wednesday, Mitchell vented.

Mitchell's pointed comments were aimed directly at Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict, whose tackle on Le'Veon Bell ended the star running back's season, and also at Cincinnati tight end Marvin Jones, who he laid out with a big hit in the second quarter. Afterward, Jones deemed Mitchell "fake tough," words that the safety clearly did not appreciate.

"He's fortunate that I'm playing a lot smarter than I used to," Mitchell said of Jones. "Because it very well could have been a face shot or a knee shot and he probably would have been out a lot longer.

"I thought it was a perfectly legal hit. I just got up and celebrated with my sideline. I didn't know the guy was hurt. You can kind of feel it and hear it when you stick a guy. They make a certain noise. I knew I stuck him good and it was a good, clean hit. It was a good one."

He said he had no regrets about the hit on Jones, a large photo of which hung from the walls outside the Steelers locker room Wednesday on the South Side, or the criticism he received for his demonstrative reaction afterward.

"Absolutely not," he said. "I watched Vontaze Burfict hurt Le'Veon Bell, get up and jump and run to his bench. I wish I would have went low (on Jones)."

A few plays later, Mitchell was assessed a 15-yard personal foul for taunting, reportedly for telling Bengals star receiver A.J. Green that he would be "next." Mitchell said it was one of "multiple conversations" he had Sunday and reminded reporters that it was only the second time in two years that he was flagged for that penalty.

"We're not choir boys, guys," said Mitchell, who cleared the NFL's concussion protocol and was a full participant in practice Wednesday after being injured in the fourth quarter Sunday. "It's reality. When you see that, it's real. It's not Boy Scouts."

Mitchell said he's looking forward to this Sunday's game against Oakland. It'll be a chance to play against the team that drafted him and played the first four years of his career for and maybe reminisce with some old teammates. But a part of him can't help but look ahead to the Steelers' Week 14 grudge match against the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium.

"I'm from the Cincinnati area and I have a very good memory," Mitchell warned.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 02:59 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I got to this waaaayyyy earlier than CBS! :-) Actually talked to Tez too about this specific threat, too (GASP!) But I get it. We choose not to make headlines out of such things -- figured the more important news on Monday was how he was feeling / how he reacted to playing for the first time in over a year.

I would like to believe that some conversations are being held by all appropriate parties. It seems the league would have somewhat of an idea that this could lead to worse things if not addressed now. I just want to see what is loved by so many kept as classy as possible. Maybe I'm just dreaming here .....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I can see the next game getting down right ugly, but with the way they're acting in Pittsburgh it may not matter because whining about it would seem to be like painting a target on themselves against every other team in the league. I'm not sure if other teams get tired of hearing them whine, but I imagine they do and may just go out of their way to make every game miserable for them as if to say stop complaining. You're not the only team that ever gets injuries.
I have to say though that Burfict has painted a target on himself especially during the Carolina game last year.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
"I wish I would've went low (on Jones)". Says all you need to know about the Steelers. And, uh, they may want to move on to Oakland.
Reply/Quote