Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Looked Like A Dumpster Fire!
The Steelers looked pathetic!

They played with no energy, their quarterback looks like he couldn't even make the throws that an average high school quarterback could make, and they just looked unorganized and undisciplined. Their defense looked confused and clueless.

All this is with our starting running back and quarterback being hurt.

Four penalties for 30 yards to the Bengals 2 for 16 yards.

After starting 11 and 0 and looking unbeatable, are the Steelers falling apart?

Is Tomlin losing control?
Reply/Quote
[Image: Ep0Ig4IWMAEdNEP?format=jpg&name=medium]
Reply/Quote
I wonder if any of the Steelers fans at PBS were wearing those JuJu shirts...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
[Image: Ep0MRiRWMAEo76R?format=jpg&name=medium]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Forgot to mention that Ben can't throw the ball downfield anymore!

How many times does he just dump the ball off on short crossing routes now?!

As I'm typing this, Good Morning Football is bashing them on my TV!
Reply/Quote
It's a good call for Steelers fans to be doing what they're doing now, sitting in the corner with their tails tucked. You don't lose two in a row then go to this Cincy team and get smacked around like that, by a bunch of backups and Ryan Finley, and then show your face in pubic. This one has to hurt like none before, ever. 

If i could even imagine such embarrassment, i'd probably not leave my house till next week, at least. 

Brutal

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 01:58 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Steelers looked pathetic!

They played with no energy, their quarterback looks like he couldn't even make the throws that an average high school quarterback could make, and they just looked unorganized and undisciplined.  Their defense looked confused and clueless.  

This is the most accurate post I've ever seen from you.

Nothing has changed from the 11-0 start except for injuries and so other teams have figured out that the Steelers have virtually no running game and Ben isn't accurate over about 10-20 yards.

I warned Steelers fans for weeks but apparently the coaches, from Tomlin down, decided they didn't need to change anything even if they were playing with the "next man up".

It's sad to watch.  But I'm old enough to have seen Steelers teams underperform before and bounce back the next year.  We'll see,
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: This is the most accurate post I've ever seen from you.

Nothing has changed from the 11-0 start except for injuries and so other teams have figured out that the Steelers have virtually no running game and Ben isn't accurate over about 10-20 yards.

I warned Steelers fans for weeks but apparently the coaches, from Tomlin down, decided they didn't need to change anything even if they were playing with the "next man up".

It's sad to watch.  But I'm old enough to have seen Steelers teams underperform before and bounce back the next year.  We'll see,

How did JuJu go from the most lovable WR that everyone wanted to see win, who could do no wrong, to a diva with more Tik Tok posts than catches in a season? 

He's looking to be the next in a long line of Brown and Bryant has-beens.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:23 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: How did JuJu go from the most lovable WR that everyone wanted to see win, who could do no wrong, to a diva with more Tik Tok posts than catches in a season? 

He's looking to be the next in a long line of Brown and Bryant has-beens.

He's still loved in Pittsburgh.  He also still hasn't done anything to disrupt the locker room like a Brown or OchoCinco.  He's a typical 20 something who loves social media.  The NATIONAL media, mostly made up of old men who hate anything they didn't do, push a narrative that he's doing something awful because the team is losing.  What is wrong with this team isn't anyone on TikTok...lol.

As to the lack of production:  Defenses don't respect any of the other WRs or Ben's ability to get the ball downfield.  So they just keep 8 in the box and drill the guys catching the short passes or make sure they gang tackle and limit the YAC.  JuJu gets the better coverage and Ben knows it so he doesn't look his way as often.

And to be clear this has been an issue all season.  Tomlin's game plan is always to hope his players make more plays and when you don't have the horses you have to be a better coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:54 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's a good call for Steelers fans to be doing what they're doing now, sitting in the corner with their tails tucked. You don't lose two in a row then go to this Cincy team and get smacked around like that, by a bunch of backups and Ryan Finley, and then show your face in pubic. This one has to hurt like none before, ever. 

If i could even imagine such embarrassment, i'd probably not leave my house till next week, at least. 

Brutal

(12-22-2020, 12:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: This is the most accurate post I've ever seen from you.

But you still can't give rep when it's due.  

Sad.

I said that Ben can't make throws that a high school qb could make, which this goes along with that and I mentioned it in another thread that he can't make throws downfield.  He just was dinking and dunking the ball on crossing routes and to backs out of the backfield.

They don't have an explosive running game to make up for the lack of big plays in the passing game and teams will be able to just game plan to shut them down.

How did they start 11-0 and then now just look like shit?!  Had no teams figured out their weaknesses?  Last night, they seriously looked like a team that any NFL team could beat.
(12-22-2020, 12:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: He's still loved in Pittsburgh.  He also still hasn't done anything to disrupt the locker room like a Brown or OchoCinco.  He's a typical 20 something who loves social media.  The NATIONAL media, mostly made up of old men who hate anything they didn't do, push a narrative that he's doing something awful because the team is losing.  What is wrong with this team isn't anyone on TikTok...lol.

As to the lack of production:  Defenses don't respect any of the other WRs or Ben's ability to get the ball downfield.  So they just keep 8 in the box and drill the guys catching the short passes or make sure they gang tackle and limit the YAC.  JuJu gets the better coverage and Ben knows it so he doesn't look his way as often.

And to be clear this has been an issue all season.  Tomlin's game plan is always to hope his players make more plays and when you don't have the horses you have to be a better coach.

Tomlin's finally being exposed as a clueless coach who just had winning teams because of the talent on the field.

His in-game management and attitude, as well as his post-game press conferences, reminds me of Marvin struggling in all of those areas (to a lesser extreme, obviously).

Also, like I said above, Ben doesn't look like he can get the ball downfield or really make any challenging throws.  That stood out to me last night.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 01:58 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Steelers looked pathetic!

They played with no energy, their quarterback looks like he couldn't even make the throws that an average high school quarterback could make, and they just looked unorganized and undisciplined.  Their defense looked confused and clueless.  

Can't figure out Tomlin at all despite having an invested interest in his team. Seems like some years they overperform, other years underperform and sometimes it's in a drastic way.

I agree with Dino that they haven't changed too much on offense; the injuries on defense have caught up to them and made the offense work harder. But I disagree that Juju's attention seeking is just a typical 20 something thing and couldn't become/maybe already is a locker room issue. Surprised Tomlin hasn't pulled him aside. 

Bengals players noticed and took exception. Pittsburgh needed that game and the Bengals looked like they wanted it more. Agreed that a lot of media criticism of NFL players is just pushing a narrative and hot takes but that's personally not how I see Juju's logo dancing. 

Ben's body has been beat up bad and his throwing is hard to watch now. Steelers messed up by not investing a higher pick on a QB the last few years and letting him develop. The Bush and Fitzpatrick trades probably squashed that anyway. Now they're in a position where they're not drafting high enough or would have to trade the farm to have a legit shot at drafting a franchise guy. I can't see the Steelers tanking next season either. They construct a team to win every year and have very talented players under contract. They may get stuck in mediocrity.

This is the Browns and Ravens division for the next couple years imo. Steelers have to find their next QB and the Bengals still have a ways to go even with a guy as good as Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 02:58 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Can't figure out Tomlin at all despite having an invested interest in his team. Seems like some years they overperform, other years underperform and sometimes it's in a drastic way.

I agree with Dino that they haven't changed too much on offense; the injuries on defense have caught up to them and made the offense work harder. But I disagree that Juju's attention seeking is just a typical 20 something thing and couldn't become/maybe already is a locker room issue. Surprised Tomlin hasn't pulled him aside. 

Bengals players noticed and took exception. Pittsburgh needed that game and the Bengals looked like they wanted it more. Agreed that a lot of media criticism of NFL players is just pushing a narrative and hot takes but that's personally not how I see Juju's logo dancing. 

Ben's body has been beat up bad and his throwing is hard to watch now. Steelers messed up by not investing a higher pick on a QB the last few years and letting him develop. The Bush and Fitzpatrick trades probably squashed that anyway. Now they're in a position where they're not drafting high enough or would have to trade the farm to have a legit shot at drafting a franchise guy. I can't see the Steelers tanking next season either. They construct a team to win every year and have very talented players under contract. They may get stuck in mediocrity.

This is the Browns and Ravens division for the next couple years imo. Steelers have to find their next QB and the Bengals still have a ways to go even with a guy as good as Burrow.

Agree. The Bengals are kind of where the Browns were a couple years ago, starting to acquire and build some talent but lacking a quality HC to get them over the hump.

Not sure Zac Taylor will ever work out, if I were a betting man I'd say no, but the Bengals are stuck with him for at least one more year because their organization doesn't hold itself accountable and admit its mistakes.

The AFC North is a great division this year and I think it will continue to be that way.  Baltimore and Cleveland should be solid for years, and even if Pitt dips the Bengals should get better, so it'll always have 3 solid teams and possibly 4.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 02:58 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Can't figure out Tomlin at all despite having an invested interest in his team. Seems like some years they overperform, other years underperform and sometimes it's in a drastic way.

It's called "karma".
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I agree that was a weird game.

- Bengals picked off Ben once and should have had three more if the defenders could actually CATCH potential INTs.

- The fumbles. That said Vonn Bell flushing Schuster down the toilet was beautiful.

- The Steeler D was out of position on a lot of plays.

And I am a Bengals fan! I was just surprised to see the Steelers play like this and to see them out physicaled by the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But you still can't give rep when it's due.  

Sad.

I said that Ben can't make throws that a high school qb could make, which this goes along with that and I mentioned it in another thread that he can't make throws downfield.  He just was dinking and dunking the ball on crossing routes and to backs out of the backfield.

They don't have an explosive running game to make up for the lack of big plays in the passing game and teams will be able to just game plan to shut them down.

How did they start 11-0 and then now just look like shit?!  Had no teams figured out their weaknesses?  Last night, they seriously looked like a team that any NFL team could beat.

Tomlin's finally being exposed as a clueless coach who just had winning teams because of the talent on the field.

His in-game management and attitude, as well as his post-game press conferences, reminds me of Marvin struggling in all of those areas (to a lesser extreme, obviously).

Also, like I said above, Ben doesn't look like he can get the ball downfield or really make any challenging throws.  That stood out to me last night.

Tomlin was "exposed" years ago.  His "game plan" always seems to be hoping his best players make enough big plays to win.  Every Steelers fan who isn't a Yinzer knew it.

But we also know he never, ever be let go.  He's had the talent to never have a below 500 season and the fans who have grown up with Ben as the QB accept that as excellence.  Those of us who are little bit older know that's just failing later in the season.

They put too much on Ben and it showed up early.  They left Munchak go and the 0-line has been bad since.  Add in it is older nad injured and it's a recipe for bad.

I'm 51.  I've lived through the SB years 'til now.  There are always fans who think they should never have a down season...but that's just not reality.  Unless your New England and have the best coach and the best QB and can lure players in on the cheap with the promise of chance at a SB.  

The Steelers haven't had a legitimate shot at a SB in years.  Even when they made the playoffs for the last decade they weren't the best team.

Are they "done"?  I'm not sure.  A better coach could make something out of the talent they have on defense (injuries aside) and rebuild the offense quickly around the young WR group.

(12-23-2020, 12:44 PM)Interceptor Wrote: It's called "karma".

The Bengals are still trying to get Hines Ward knocked out of a game.

(12-23-2020, 03:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: I agree that was a weird game.

- Bengals picked off Ben once and should have had three more if the defenders could actually CATCH potential INTs.

- The fumbles. That said Vonn Bell flushing Schuster down the toilet was beautiful.

- The Steeler D was out of position on a lot of plays.

And I am a Bengals fan! I was just surprised to see the Steelers play like this and to see them out physicaled by the Bengals.

Steelers ARE playing tired.  That's not an excuse though.  They had a chance to wrap up the division title and ensure at least one home game and they came out like they usually do under Tomlin...slow.  

How are they going to go seven drives without a score (or first down) against any other team in the playoffs?

The game plan hasn't changed in weeks and Tomlin said he sees no reason for wholesale changes during his press conference this week so expect more of the same:  Tomlin hoping they catch the ball and get YAC, no misdirection or play action, and if the running game gets going they'll stop running.
Reply/Quote
Okay, I admit it. Part of the fun about this big win is seeing the Steeler's Nation bellyache about it.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 09:06 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Okay, I admit it. Part of the fun about this big win is seeing the Steeler's Nation bellyache about it.

Personally, that's the MOST fun for me!

They're always so arrogant and now it's just fun to watch them scramble and it's more than just the win because we went in with backups in key positions in a lost season and just slapped them around!
Reply/Quote
The Pittsburgh offense is definitely not firing on all cylinders. Even Stevie Wonder can see that! The question is why. The answer is simple and even as a Bengals’ fan I can empathize because Cincinnati has had the exact same problem before. The Steelers run most of their offense on timing whether running or passing. When players are executing perfectly it’s a beautiful thing to watch but when execution breaks down it becomes a hot mess.

I think it is also very safe to say Ben Roethlisberger is injured. He’s throwing off his back foot, he’s not mobile, and his legendary ability to extend plays is gone. When timing is off and the ability to extend plays is not there, the Steelers’ offense will sputter and choke. If Pittsburgh is going to win one of their last two games they’ll have to do it run-heavy. The rushing game requires timing but not near as precise timing as the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 01:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Pittsburgh offense is definitely not firing on all cylinders. Even Stevie Wonder can see that!   The question is why. The answer is simple and even as a Bengals’ fan I can empathize because Cincinnati has had the exact same problem before.  The Steelers run most of their offense on timing whether running or passing.   When players are executing perfectly it’s a beautiful thing to watch but when execution breaks down it becomes a hot mess.

I think it is also very safe to say Ben Roethlisberger is injured. He’s throwing off his back foot, he’s not mobile, and his legendary ability to extend plays is gone. When timing is off and the ability to extend plays is not there, the Steelers’ offense will sputter and choke.   If Pittsburgh is going to win one of their last two games they’ll have to do it run-heavy.   The rushing game requires timing but not near as precise timing as the passing game.

Have you ever seen Stevie Wonder's house?!  

Neither has he!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I've said the same thing about Ben for a while.  At his age, I wonder if he can recover.

Even if he can, would he be able to return to the level of extending plays and then making long throws when the coverage breaks down?  Will he be fast enough to follow a college girl into the bathroom before she can lock the door on him?  All questions that the Steelers and their fans will need answers to because that's how he made his money.

I hope he can at least put up decent numbers to Johnson this week to win me a fantasy title!
Reply/Quote
Like I said................
Reply/Quote