Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers' Mike Mitchell fined $48K for late hit on Chiefs' Alex Smith
(10-19-2017, 04:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm sure the NFL will set up a gofundme page for him...

No need.....they'll just quietly refund his money like they did in 2015 for all those fines from the playoff game months later when no one is paying attention.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A 45k fine to a millionaire for a completely flagrant foul that could have ruined someone's career is a flat out joke. Not to mention the nothing for hitting west...

Oh no's Mitchell has to stop going to the strip clubs with porter for a month... that will teach him!!
Reply/Quote

It's not just Mitchell either. Take this play by repeat offender Aqib Talib in the Superbowl we could have been playing in. He was only fined 26K. This happened during a year in which Talib was already suspended one game for poking Dwayne Allen in the eye.

Meanwhile that same year Burfict hit Brown and got 3 games.

Reply/Quote
So they just ignored his Helmet to Helmet on Charcandwick West and the Helmet to Helmet on Tyreek Hill.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 04:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: So they just ignored his Helmet to Helmet on Charcandwick West and the Helmet to Helmet on Tyreek Hill.

Hell, they been ignoring his shit for years, why stop now?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 03:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: So what about Danny Trevathan?  I'm calling bullshit.  Mitchell should sit, period.

x2.

There is no rhyme or reason...other than to protect Goodell's golfing buddy while giving the Steelers an occasional tap on the wrist for the appearance of "fairness".

(10-19-2017, 03:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Looks like the NFL isn't totally biased.  Whatever

Seriously, though, I would've flipped if there'd been NO punishment. And, I think Mitchell needs to have a similar bullseye on his back that Burfict now 'enjoys'.

We all know he won't. Burfict was demonized because he hurt a few Steelers players (only 1 on an illegal hit). Mitchell plays for Pittsburgh and they'll take his punishments very slowly. Just like how Leveon Bell got bounced back to phase 1 of the drug policy. Bell should've been moved to phase 2 and suspended for 8 games last year, but for some reason he was left at phase 1 and only suspended 4 games...and even that was reduced to 3 games.

Anyone who doubts that the Steelers are treated differently needs look no further than that. Also look at the 2015 games and which team came out worse. 

The Bengals:
Burfict hits Brown with his shoulder and gets suspended 3 games.
Burfict gets fined nearly 70k for 3 hits in the 2nd regular season game.
AJ Green fined 11.6k for punting a ball into the stands after a TD.
DreKirk wasn't fined for fight with Antonio Brown.
Pacman fined 29k for making contact with an official
Gilberry fined 8.6k for bumping Joey Porter (who wasn't supposed to be on the field)
Peko fined 8.6k (not sure for what)

The Steelers:
Mike Mitchell fined 23k for helmet to helmet that concussed Tyler Eifert, causing him to miss multiple games.
Ramon Foster fined 17k for a leg whip that wasn't flagged.
Mike Munchak fined 10k for pulling Reggie Nelson's hair (later rescinded). So Munchak wasn't punished at all.
Joey Porter fined 10k for being on the field and instigating
Antonio Brown not fined for instigating fight with DreKirk. Did receive a tiny 8.6k fine for going after Reggie Nelson's knees.
William Gay fined 8.6k for dancing on sidelines after a McCarron pick 6
Antwan Blake not fined for body slamming AJ Green out of bounds (he was flagged 15 yards)
Matt Spaeth not fined for going at Burfict's knee
No punishments for Steelers players threatening Burfict's life on twitter.
Shazier not flagged or fined for knocking out Gio with a brutal helmet-to-jaw hit.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/12/18/fines-bengals-steelers-top-145k/77581016/
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-bengals-leads-to-huge-fines-pacman-gets-28k-shazier-gets-0/

The top 3-4 fines were on the Bengals. The only suspension was on a Bengal. AJ Green was fined more than all but 2 Steelers for punting a ball. The Steelers got away with a LOT more than we did.

(10-19-2017, 04:11 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: A 45k fine to a millionaire for a completely flagrant foul that could have ruined someone's career is a flat out joke. Not to mention the nothing for hitting west...

Oh no's Mitchell has to stop going to the strip clubs with porter for a month... that will teach him!!

A small price to pay for maintaining "the Steelers way.

They'll take those tiny fines all day. Heck, they'll probably slide the money to him to pay for it. Only the suspensions matter.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Mitchell is a low life Punk.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 05:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Mitchell is a low life Punk.

I would love to see him decleated by a legal block made by someone (ideally someone like Bernard or Green) on Mitchell that subsequently knocks him out of the game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 01:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There you go...he's been fined. Likely he'll be suspended for the next one.

He has twice been fined before for the unnecessary roughness.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21077532/mike-mitchell-pittsburgh-steelers-fined-48k-hit-alex-smithabout:blank

And the double standard shows itself yet again. Complete BS that he didn't get suspended for that crap. 
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone suing for CTE should name Roger Goodell and the refs as responsible for most of the CTE until they take these rules seriously and protect all players and not just the golden boy teams.
Reply/Quote
He's not just a dirty player. He's a criminal hiding behind a face mask. His intent is always to harm. He is human garbage. And the Steelers always have at least one of these guys in their lineup, have since the 70's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 05:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: x2.

There is no rhyme or reason...other than to protect Goodell's golfing buddy while giving the Steelers an occasional tap on the wrist for the appearance of "fairness".

We all know he won't. Burfict was demonized because he hurt a few Steelers players (only 1 on an illegal hit). Mitchell plays for Pittsburgh and they'll take his punishments very slowly. Just like how Leveon Bell got bounced back to phase 1 of the drug policy. Bell should've been moved to phase 2 and suspended for 8 games last year, but for some reason he was left at phase 1 and only suspended 4 games...and even that was reduced to 3 games.

Anyone who doubts that the Steelers are treated differently needs look no further than that. Also look at the 2015 games and which team came out worse. 

The Bengals:
Burfict hits Brown with his shoulder and gets suspended 3 games.
Burfict gets fined nearly 70k for 3 hits in the 2nd regular season game.
AJ Green fined 11.6k for punting a ball into the stands after a TD.
DreKirk wasn't fined for fight with Antonio Brown.
Pacman fined 29k for making contact with an official
Gilberry fined 8.6k for bumping Joey Porter (who wasn't supposed to be on the field)
Peko fined 8.6k (not sure for what)

The Steelers:
Mike Mitchell fined 23k for helmet to helmet that concussed Tyler Eifert, causing him to miss multiple games.
Ramon Foster fined 17k for a leg whip that wasn't flagged.
Mike Munchak fined 10k for pulling Reggie Nelson's hair (later rescinded). So Munchak wasn't punished at all.
Joey Porter fined 10k for being on the field and instigating
Antonio Brown not fined for instigating fight with DreKirk. Did receive a tiny 8.6k fine for going after Reggie Nelson's knees.
William Gay fined 8.6k for dancing on sidelines after a McCarron pick 6
Antwan Blake not fined for body slamming AJ Green out of bounds (he was flagged 15 yards)
Matt Spaeth not fined for going at Burfict's knee
No punishments for Steelers players threatening Burfict's life on twitter.
Shazier not flagged or fined for knocking out Gio with a brutal helmet-to-jaw hit.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/12/18/fines-bengals-steelers-top-145k/77581016/
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-bengals-leads-to-huge-fines-pacman-gets-28k-shazier-gets-0/

The top 3-4 fines were on the Bengals. The only suspension was on a Bengal. AJ Green was fined more than all but 2 Steelers for punting a ball. The Steelers got away with a LOT more than we did.

A small price to pay for maintaining "the Steelers way.

They'll take those tiny fines all day. Heck, they'll probably slide the money to him to pay for it. Only the suspensions matter.

Was Munchak the only steeler who got his fine rescinded? I was thinking two of them did very quietly several months later. Maybe I just dreamed that up though, Munchak is the only one I can find online
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 08:12 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Was Munchak the only steeler who got his fine rescinded? I was thinking two of them did very quietly several months later. Maybe I just dreamed that up though, Munchak is the only one I can find online

Yeah I thought both Muchak and Porter had their fines taken back, but I couldn't find anything on Porter, other than the original stories about the fine.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Porter got into an altercation with a bouncer in front of police at a club and was coaching the next weekend in a playoff game.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/09/joey-porter-allegedly-attacked-bouncer-in-front-of-cops/
Reply/Quote
I know we should never say this, or even hope for this but **** it. At this point, I really hope ben, mitchell, shazier and the rest of the thug squad end up carted off that field. If the league won't stop them, the maybe God and karma will.

A fine for that attempt to end a dude's season??? Absolutely a ***** joke. This guy has a record as long as Burfict, yet it is another light slap on the wrist.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 08:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Porter got into an altercation with a bouncer in front of police at a club and was coaching the next weekend in a playoff game.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/09/joey-porter-allegedly-attacked-bouncer-in-front-of-cops/

Porter is trash.  How he can coach in the NFL after the video of him leading his posse on a beat down and felony robbery of Levi Jones in Vegas is beyond me.

Seriously, though, the only reasons Mitchell got fined was that he did it to a QB and Alex Smith kept bringing it up in the media so it wouldn't go away.  If he had done that to a 2nd string TE, he wouldn't even be fined.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 08:51 PM)Whatever Wrote: Porter is trash.  How he can coach in the NFL after the video of him leading his posse on a beat down and felony robbery of Levi Jones in Vegas is beyond me.

Seriously, though, the only reasons Mitchell got fined was that he did it to a QB and Alex Smith kept bringing it up in the media so it wouldn't go away.  If he had done that to a 2nd string TE, he wouldn't even be fined.

Oh no doubt...doing it to a QB made it worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 01:55 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I have a whole folder of gifs that says he's just as bad as Burfict if not worse.

Closet Steelers fan???  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 03:44 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep, and many have sent them to the league, along with the 14 holding penalties that were not called last year.  And the league does....nothing.

Yet, KC sends a video to the league about a hit on their player in the preseason, and Burfict misses 3 games.  

CONSPIRACY!!!!!

Reply/Quote
It's getting harder and harder every week to keep tuning in !
Reply/Quote