Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers, Not Rams, Last Preseason Game is Meaningless
So forget that it is Bengals and Rams again. This is NOT the Super Bowl. It is the last Preseason Game, the final score means Nothing. All that is important is No Key Injuries that carry into The Steelers Game. Starting Regular Season against The Steelers is the Game to get ready for, not this preseason garbage even if it is both teams from The Super Bowl, the game means Nothing.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 03:43 PM)kevin Wrote: This is NOT the Super Bowl.  It is the last Preseason Game.

Thank you, Kevin. 
Reply/Quote
I'm confused about what the point of this thread is lol
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 03:43 PM)kevin Wrote: So forget that it is Bengals and Rams again.  This is NOT the Super Bowl.  It is the last Preseason Game, the final score means Nothing. All that is important is No Key Injuries that carry into The Steelers Game.   Starting Regular Season against The Steelers is the Game to get ready for, not this preseason garbage even if it is both teams from The Super Bowl, the game means Nothing.

Nothing like stating the obvious... You forgot to add, we need more blocking...
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 03:43 PM)kevin Wrote: So forget that it is Bengals and Rams again.  This is NOT the Super Bowl.  It is the last Preseason Game, the final score means Nothing. All that is important is No Key Injuries that carry into The Steelers Game.   Starting Regular Season against The Steelers is the Game to get ready for, not this preseason garbage even if it is both teams from The Super Bowl, the game means Nothing.

Finally! Someone said it! I, too, am getting tired of everybody talking up these preseason games like they mean something. 

Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the speech
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 05:02 PM)TheFan Wrote: I'm confused about what the point of this thread is lol

TheFan not understand the meaning of Kevin's title?

Kevin get angry..

Kevin, Smash!!

Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wait I thought it was a double or nothing game.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This was about as worthy of its own thread as the threads I make Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Thank you

[Image: 20181211-RVS-Hotels-19-Camera-Point-002-...1125%2C475]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If they would scale back the pre-season games to 2 games instead of 3,that would suit me just fine.(I guess I’m just not happy because they cut Drew Plitt).
Reply/Quote

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I have $15K on the Bengals giving 2.5 points.

If they don't cover it is bankruptcy and re-hab for me.
Reply/Quote
I think there is some lingering pain from the Rams game...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Wait, you mean I missed the Super Bowl?
Reply/Quote

Ready to run through a wall for Kevin

Also, picturing Kevin crushing PBRs in a concrete block wall basement w his HS football helmet on, headbutting things.
Reply/Quote
Well here I was getting excited only to be let down.
Reply/Quote

I disagree, the game is meaningful for certain positions and our new Oline needs to play some in live action.  Injuries are going to happen be it practice, preseason or games etc...., i understand not playing starters much is the in thing for some teams more than others but we could debate if that actually protects from injuries.   Some believe that the scaled down preseason and lack of live in practice has lead to increased injuries during the season...

You would have to find some research that has examined different eras  for example say from the 70s or 80s when there was true training camps and starters playing in preseasons and compare injuries then to the now scaled down preseason and lack of starters playing to see in the actual season was there less injuries now than back in the era like 70s/80s when you include preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 09:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:   Some believe that the scaled down preseason and lack of live in practice has lead to increased injuries during the season...

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aa814bd70c3abe5925...y.gif&ct=g]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The two joint team practices are more meaningful than the game Saturday.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 06:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no idea what you are talking about.

I have $15K on the Bengals giving 2.5 points.

If they don't cover it is bankruptcy and re-hab for me.

But if they cover it's base and whores all day baby...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote