Thursday Night Opener in 8 days.
Reply/Quote
Steelers 31 Pats 27
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Patriots- 31
Steelers- 20
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Pats have Brady and Steelers don't have Bell so I have to go with the Pats.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 11:06 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Steelers 31 Pats 27
Any reasoning?
(09-08-2015, 10:47 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Patriots- 31
Steelers- 20

Any reasoning?

Coming into Foxborough in PrimeTime to open the season, I think the Steelers get waxed and Tom Brady announces that he's back.

I just saw something interesting that suggested that LeBeau was the only thing keeping the defense at a respectable level, and not the reason for the decline.

Without Martavis and Bell, I don't think the Steelers have an answer for Tom and Gronk just marching down the field.
Reply/Quote
pitt will be lucky if brady doesnt hang 50 on them
Reply/Quote
Anyone remember what the Patriots did the year after Spygate?

Steelers can't rush the passer or cover. Their offense is deadly when they have everyone, but without Bell, Pouncy, and Bryant they will get routed by the Pats.

45-21
Reply/Quote
As long as Big Ben throws 3 TD's and has over 300 yards passing, I'll be ok with whoever wins the game. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 12:47 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: As long as Big Ben throws 3 TD's and has over 300 yards passing, I'll be ok with whoever wins the game. 

ThumbsUp

I've never drafted Ben...until this year.

My team has a history of injuries!

So he'll probably be knocked out of the game. 

I had Brady once...the year he got knocked out for the season in the first game!

As to the game itself I can't see how the Steelers can win in Foxboro.  But I'll hold out hope for something to go the right way for them and sneak out with one they shouldn't have had.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 05:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: ThumbsUp

I've never drafted Ben...until this year.

My team has a history of injuries!

So he'll probably be knocked out of the game. 

I had Brady once...the year he got knocked out for the season in the first game!

As to the game itself I can't see how the Steelers can win in Foxboro.  But I'll hold out hope for something to go the right way for them and sneak out with one they shouldn't have had.

I had Brady that year too!

I hope your injury trend continues strong haha.
Reply/Quote
Predict that the announcers barely if at all mention the ESPN spygate article ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
24-19 Pats
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 06:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I had Brady that year too!

I hope your injury trend continues strong haha.

My luck was so bad I actually announced "With the first pick in the draft I am selecting, and effectively ending the season for, Tom Brady."  We were watching the Steelers game and my phone started blowing up with people telling me what happened to him in that first game!
Reply/Quote
I have Brady on one fantasy with Edelman. I have Roethligberger and Brown on the other fantasy team.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
The only Steeler player I have on my team (somehow this became a Steeler fantasy thread haha) is Heath Miller. I like guys who are fairly reliable. How many points do you Pitt fans see him getting tomorrow night?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 02:40 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The only Steeler player I have on my team (somehow this became a Steeler fantasy thread haha) is Heath Miller. I like guys who are fairly reliable. How many points do you Pitt fans see him getting tomorrow night?

Heath IS steady...but he's not a big fantasy point from what I've seen.  For one he's a good blocker so he's more of an outlet these days and the Steelers have more offensive weapons now so he doesn't get the same number of looks he did early in his career.
Reply/Quote
I never win because I can't draft people from our division. I'm not much into fantasy anyway, and I'm sure as hell not going to root for a person on a division opponent to do well. I can't separate the two.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 10:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: My luck was so bad I actually announced "With the first pick in the draft I am selecting, and effectively ending the season for, Tom Brady."  We were watching the Steelers game and my phone started blowing up with people telling me what happened to him in that first game!

Damn if I had your luck, I would have drafted Dalton.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 09:30 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I never win because I can't draft people from our division.  I'm not much into fantasy anyway, and I'm sure as hell not going to root for a person on a division opponent to do well.  I can't separate the two.

Its our 10th year.  I've been in charge of the league for the last eight.  It took some time, but we all learned that it was OK to root for individuals.  One year I had Flacco on my bench and only started him when he played in the division.

(09-10-2015, 09:31 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Damn if I had your luck, I would have drafted Dalton.

In the seven years I'be been keeping track my teams are 35-45.  I won my division once...with a 7-5 record.  But I am one of only two teams with two league championships.  The one was the year I won the division.  The other one was last season when I went 2-10 in the regular season and was a minimum 30 point underdog in every playoff game.  I never even changed my line up for the playoffs that year.

Its weird how the games work out!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 10:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: Its our 10th year.  I've been in charge of the league for the last eight.  It took some time, but we all learned that it was OK to root for individuals.  One year I had Flacco on my bench and only started him when he played in the division.

In the seven years I'be been keeping track my teams are 35-45.  I won my division once...with a 7-5 record.  But I am one of only two teams with two league championships.  The one was the year I won the division.  The other one was last season when I went 2-10 in the regular season and was a minimum 30 point underdog in every playoff game.  I never even changed my line up for the playoffs that year.

Its weird how the games work out!
It's funny how things work out sometimes. I think I put too much thought in players and matchups. Whereas players that barely touch  their lineup seem to do well.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote