Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers QB Dwayne Haskins dies after being struck by a car
Very sad.

Being an Ohio State fan, it's sad to see him gone so young.
Reply/Quote
Heart breaking....
Reply/Quote
This is very sad news to see today. Man. So young. Thoughts and prayers are with his family. This must be so hard for them. To have you child taken in a car accident. Man
Reply/Quote
Apparently he was trying to cross a limited access highway on foot and was hit by a dump truck. How surreal.

Prayers to his family. Poor guy had his whole life ahead of him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
definitely Sad situation, but i don't understand why he trying to cross the highway on foot??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 03:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: definitely Sad situation, but i don't understand why he trying to cross the highway on foot??

I heard his vehicle ran out of gas...
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 01:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so i guess he sucks for mentioning he did well at OSU also ?  should he just have said Haskins steeler player died in a car accident ?

You know the saying "don't kick a man while he's down?"

Schefter is kicking a man while he's dead. It's a dick move all around.
Reply/Quote
Sad that he went so young. May his family find peace.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 03:36 PM)Tony Wrote: I heard his vehicle ran out of gas...

Ok..... in the era of phones.... You'd think he would call someone to pick him up/bring him some gas....??
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 03:47 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: You know the saying "don't kick a man while he's down?"

Schefter is kicking a man while he's dead. It's a dick move all around.

I don;t see it the same, he discussed his career positive and negative with a simple statement, ive seen other articles mention the same.. 
Reply/Quote
That's rough having so much potential and life ahead of him. I had actually just thought about him a couple days ago wondering if he'd push Trubisky for the starting job.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 04:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don;t see it the same, he discussed his career positive and negative with a simple statement, ive seen other articles mention the same.. 

I'll recognize that it is subjective, rather than objective. In a more comprehensive article about his life and career it doesn't bother me. In a tweet breaking the news of his passing? IMO it's in poor taste.

Like if Burrow was killed in some freak accident and the tweet is "Former No. 1 overall and Superbowl loser Joe Burrow killed after shark picked up by hurricane lands on him"
Reply/Quote
Sad day to be a Buckeye fan. RIP Dwayne.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 01:10 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Holy f***

1) that is tragic
2) schefter can eat all the dicks

Schefter is a clown. He just recently had that terrible Deshaun Watson tweet, too. You’d think he’d learn to take a minute and think about how insensitive these things can sound.

Timing is everything in life. And that certainly wasn’t the time to bring up Haskins’ on the field struggles.

Reply/Quote
Far worse for the Haskins family than any fans or armchair website or newspaper article commentor.. Schefler could have given a bit more thought to his initial response, but none of it was untrue. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Terrible tragedy and prayers to his family.

Reply/Quote
Literally saw the afc north chatter section as soon as I posted a thread. I forgot this section existed.

Sympathies to our Steelers posters. He was from Ohio State right? So plenty of Cincinnati fans that were big supporters of his as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 04:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Ok..... in the era of phones.... You'd think he would call someone to pick him up/bring him some gas....??

Very sad to see a 24 yr old with so much life to live go out like that...but I think there is more to the story perhaps? 
He ran out of gas and was crossing a highway at 6am? Did he have a gas can with him?  
Reply/Quote
Running out of gas...that can happen. Walking on what appears to be freeway...that's the head scratcher.
Reply/Quote
Schefter has always been a trash individual. When he left NFL Network and went to ESPN he turned the d-bag level up to 11. Can't ever have him at the ESPY awards or it would be a Will Smith/Chris Rock 2.0 going on.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote