Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers @ Ravens Game Day Thread
(11-04-2018, 10:29 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Plus the tiebreaker, so technically 1 game.

And I love michealsean's down 10 minutes back in 5 comment before it actually DID happen...... Hilarious

We went from separated shoulder, see you next year, to yeah we're going to the Super Bowl is less than a minute. 

They said he had the wind knocked out of him. Who knows?

It's not quite a game because with 1 win by the Bengals and 1 loss by the Steelers, Bengals are ahead by percentage points and H2H doesn't matter. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 05:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He threw it like 40 yds in the air to Heath no problem.

Heath--the guy who retired 4 years ago?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 04:05 AM)Dill Wrote: Heath--the guy who retired 4 years ago?

Think about it....
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 10:29 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Plus the tiebreaker, so technically 1 game.

And I love michealsean's down 10 minutes back in 5 comment before it actually DID happen...... Hilarious

We went from separated shoulder, see you next year, to yeah we're going to the Super Bowl is less than a minute. 

They said he had the wind knocked out of him. Who knows?

(11-04-2018, 10:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's not quite a game because with 1 win by the Bengals and 1 loss by the Steelers, Bengals are ahead by percentage points and H2H doesn't matter. 

Plus, unless the Bengals have a tie themselves, I don't think a tie is even possible at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 01:38 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Plus, unless the Bengals have a tie themselves, I don't think a tie is even possible at this point.

What if the Steelers tie a second time?  Get out your calculators.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 08:11 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Think about it....

lol Still over my head Mike. Unless Heath is a metaphor for tight ends or something.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 01:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What if the Steelers tie a second time?  Get out your calculators.

I think in that case, we still wouldn't need a tiebreaker because the teams would still have different winning percentages even if neither team was ahead by any games … 

Edit: I take that back. I just played with the numbers and I was wrong. Two Steeler ties would make a tie in the standings possible.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 04:07 PM)Dill Wrote: lol Still over my head Mike. Unless Heath is a metaphor for tight ends or something.

I think he's just bluffing for his oversight, but I will say that the Heinz field still yells "HEAAAATH!!!"  every time a large, white tight end catches the ball.  
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 04:19 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I think he's just bluffing for his oversight, but I will say that the Heinz field still yells "HEAAAATH!!!"  every time a large, white tight end catches the ball.  

Maybe there were enough Pittsburgh fans in Baltimore to do that.  
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 04:07 PM)Dill Wrote: lol Still over my head Mike. Unless Heath is a metaphor for tight ends or something.

You don't recall the idiots that would yell Heath every time a white guy caught the ball?  I think it eventually became a joke, but it wasn't at first.  I'd say it was also more likely on the road when out of town fans got a chance to dress up all Steelery and wave their towels and yell Heath when the guy whose parents purposely named him Jesse James caught the ball.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 04:19 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I think he's just bluffing for his oversight, but I will say that the Heinz field still yells "HEAAAATH!!!"  every time a large, white tight end catches the ball.  

Like I said above it became a joke, but it didn't start out that way.

And I never bluff.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 05:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You don't recall the idiots that would yell Heath every time a white guy caught the ball?  I think it eventually became a joke, but it wasn't at first.  I'd say it was also more likely on the road when out of town fans got a chance to dress up all Steelery and wave their towels and yell Heath when the guy whose parents purposely named him Jesse James caught the ball.

Yes, I remember HEEEAAAATHHHH! But I didn't hear that when James caught the ball. My ears aren't so good though.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 11:53 PM)Dill Wrote: Yes, I remember HEEEAAAATHHHH! But I didn't hear that when James caught the ball. My ears aren't so good though.

No it wasn’t this time. Haven’t heard it in a couple years, but maybe they still do it at Heinz as a joke.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 09:14 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No it wasn’t this time. Haven’t heard it in a couple years, but maybe they still do it at Heinz as a joke.

Exactly.  We do it watching at home too.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote