Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers, Ravens, and Browns are already taking steps backwards this off-season...
Ravens lost their director of player personnel, are about to lose their DC, and are also about to lose their secondary coach.

Browns just hired a guy for OC that just got fired mid season.

Steelers just hired a guy that just got fired for their OC.

Looks like things are off to a roaring start for our rivals.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 02:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Ravens lost their director of player personnel, are about to lose their DC, and are also about to lose their secondary coach.

Any idea of salary cap issues for the four AFCN teams? I remember reading that the Browns and Steelers are projected to have salary cap issues, being over the cap, and the Ravens not far behind in terms of not having hardly any cap space, whereas the Bengals have a lot of cap space in 2024. Although at some point the Bengals will have their own issues with Burrow's contract kicking in.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 03:00 PM)Nepa Wrote: Any idea of salary cap issues for the four AFCN teams? I remember reading that the Browns and Steelers are projected to have salary cap issues, being over the cap, and the Ravens not far behind in terms of not having hardly any cap space, whereas the Bengals have a lot of cap space in 2024. Although at some point the Bengals will have their own issues with Burrow's contract kicking in.

We are in the best shape by far. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 02:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Ravens lost their director of player personnel, are about to lose their DC, and are also about to lose their secondary coach.

We did lose our OC as well.
Reply/Quote
Arthur Smith as OC was good. He did a great job with Tennessee. That's the kind of offense pittsburgh should be running

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 03:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We did lose our OC as well.

How did the OP neglect that???
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 03:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Arthur Smith as OC was good. He did a great job with Tennessee. That's the kind of offense pittsburgh should be running

Ugh, I hate to agree that the Steelers made a good hire because I would enjoy them being terrible. Derrick Henry who is a FA led the NFL in rushing both of his two years with Arthur Smith as his OC. Henry to the Steelers as a duo with Warren? Ryan Tannehill also had a 110.6 QB Rating in his two years with Arthur Smith as OC with a 17 game average of 33 TDs/8 INTs and went to an AFCC.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 03:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Arthur Smith as OC was good. He did a great job with Tennessee. That's the kind of offense pittsburgh should be running

He was good because of King Henry, A.J. Brown, and a top 5 offensive line.

Thrilled the Steelers picked him up.
Reply/Quote
I guess we have to see how things play out. Not long ago people assumed we were toast because we replaced a veteran HC with a QB coach who couldn't find a DC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Steelers OC hire is legit. Titans played tough AFCN football with King Henry. I can see the fit.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 04:02 PM)BengalBob Wrote: He was good because of King Henry, A.J. Brown, and a top 5 offensive line.

Ryan Tannehill was statistically a stud under Smith, and they got to an AFC chip

It's a great hire actually. All differing opinions are wrong

Reply/Quote

Excuse me? 

Ken Dorsey isn't a terrible OC, and we all know Stefanski holds the pants on that offense. 

Arthur Smith wasn't great in Atlanta, but he was the perfect OC for Tennessee when they secured the number one seed. When I look at that Titans team and compare it to the Steelers, I see a lot of parallels. Sus QB, potential for a strong run game, and a stout defense. Arthur Smith might be the perfect fit for Pittsburgh and could be what they need get past their ills.

Ravens seem to always draft well regardless of who's there. I got nothing on losing Macdonald though. That's going to sting.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 05:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Ryan Tannehill was statistically a stud under Smith, and they got to an AFC chip

It's a great hire actually. All differing opinions are wrong

Edgelord territory alert. Say What

[Image: danger-alert.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 07:05 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Edgelord territory alert. Say What

[Image: danger-alert.gif]

do you even know what edgy means? what I said was opinionated and admittedly arrogant. Edgy isnt the word

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 07:22 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: do you even know what edgy means? what I said was opinionated and admittedly arrogant. Edgy isnt the word

I'm rolling with the proactive and shocking speech angle for the edgelord territory while selectively ignoring the nihilistic aspect. You weren't all in just yet as you explained.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 04:02 PM)BengalBob Wrote: He was good because of King Henry, A.J. Brown, and a top 5 offensive line.

Do you know who hired Smith as an assistant when he was the Titans HC?
Mike Munchak

Not very long ago, the Steelers had a top 5 o line. Do you know who was the line coach who turned a sus unit around in the early 10s and turned them into a top 5?
Mike Munchak

Do you know who left Pittsburgh and went to Denver to be close to his family several years ago (and the Steelers line immediately turned to shit), has since retired, but now wants to return to coaching?
Mike Munchak 

https://steelersnow.com/ex-steelers-ol-coach-mike-munchak-considering-a-comeback/
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 04:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess we have to see how things play out. Not long ago people assumed we were toast because we replaced a veteran HC with a QB coach who couldn't find a DC.

Just think. If that had all come to pass we could've been picking at the top of the draft all this time with a team full of top picks and lousy coaches from top to bottom.. Damned if you do and damned if you don't..lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Ravens did lose their DC to the Seahawks. A relatively unknown until this past season. Lou's problem must be his age. 2 dominant playoff runs didn't get him a job.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Officially did lose their DC today: "The Seahawks are expected to hire Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald as their next head coach, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

The Seahawks are finalizing the deal after meeting with Macdonald for a second time Wednesday, a day after their initial interview in Baltimore."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39429973/sources-seahawks-hire-ravens-dc-mike-macdonald-coach
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 03:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ravens did lose their DC to the Seahawks. A relatively unknown until this past season. Lou's problem must be his age. 2 dominant playoff runs didn't get him a job.

Lou's problem this year was a bottom-of-the-pack defense. Early in the season, he was being pushed as a likely HC candidate. That disappeared from the conversation after the Bengals defense did so poor this year.
Reply/Quote