Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers Screw Up Another One!
(03-09-2019, 12:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's every Steelers fan ever  ThumbsUp

According to the guy with half a brain.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 03:32 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I know you want to believe that Brown holds all the cards because of your hatred for the Steelers, but don't lose your common sense over it. This is NOTHING like the Bell situation. Brown is STILL under contract for 3 more years. When Bell did his crap, he wasn't under contract. Bell at least had the decency to play out his contract. I admire him for that. He wasn't under any contract to the Steelers to play for them. Bell is still under contract and thinks he should now get guaranteed money when he's still playing on a contract. The Steelers could fine him for not showing up and suspend him for a rules violation if he gives up. They could make up a rule that he broke to suspend him. Yes, it would be dirty on their part, but it's a way to get money back if they feel he's trying to screw them over. It would be his word against their theirs. The bottom line is, he has a contract, and unless he wants to sit out 3 years, he better stop screwing up any trades or come prepared to play for the Steelers.

The league has never gave money back to a team because a player didn't produce. The contract is for what he has done in the past. If he outperforms the contract he doesn't get extra money. I hope they give him the 12 million so I can watch the shit storm. Concussion, hamstring, flu can't be disproven. Subtraction by distraction 2.0  The Steelers almost lost to the Bengals because of it. How many games will it cost the Steelers next year?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 04:28 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The league has never gave money back to a team because a player didn't produce. The contract is for what he has done in the past. If he outperforms the contract he doesn't get extra money. I hope they give him the 12 million so I can watch the shit storm. Concussion, hamstring, flu can't be disproven. Subtraction by distraction 2.0  The Steelers almost lost to the Bengals because of it. How many games will it cost the Steelers next year?

I'm saying if he starts slacking the team could suspend him for a "team violation" and he won't get paid. They could make up a rule and claim he broke it. Yes, it would be a dirty tactic, but I could see a team doing that if they feel they're getting screwed over. All they have to say is Brown started a fight, was late to practice, or something along those lines. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this subject. I'm done talking on this subject and won't be replying anymore. Neither of us are going to convince the other one to think differently.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 03:33 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: According to the guy with half a brain.  ThumbsUp

It's pretty sad when a guy with half a brain can see it!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 02:16 PM)McC Wrote: Sounds like a lot Bengal fan wishful thinking.  Here's a hint--stop hoping the Steelers go backwards and start wanting the Bengals to move forward and pass them.  You can't get anywhere hoping the bully will fall down and hurt himself.  You have to get stronger and smarter and go knock him down.   Been that way since David v Goliath.

Bingo !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 04:35 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I'm saying if he starts slacking the team could suspend him for a "team violation" and he won't get paid. They could make up a rule and claim he broke it. Yes, it would be a dirty tactic, but I could see a team doing that if they feel they're getting screwed over. All they have to say is Brown started a fight, was late to practice, or something along those lines. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this subject. I'm done talking on this subject  and won't be replying anymore. Neither of us are going to convince the other one to think differently.

You do know that there is a players union don't you. Maybe you could get Smollet to orchestrate your plan. Rabid Steelers fans could do the deed. AB will be a FA by OTAs.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 03:08 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: True but you also can't be a bully and expect people not to laugh and rejoice when Karma jumps up and *****-saps you Steelers fans in the face. And it will for the foreseeable future. We Bengals fans don't have anything to enjoy about what has happened in the past but I sure don't hear too much from the loud mouthed ,obnoxious fanbase of the Steelers. The last two years have been fun , please don't try to make it about the Bengals because it isn't.

Can't argue with any of that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 06:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's pretty sad when a guy with half a brain can see it!

Yeah, too bad the half of your brain that's in your head doesn't work.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 12:31 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Yeah, too bad the half of your brain that's in your head doesn't work.

And you can't counter any points I make!

That's gotta suck, but you keep just making it worse for yourself, so maybe not!
Reply/Quote
Breaking News:

Brown to the Raiders. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 01:38 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: And you can't counter any points I make!

That's gotta suck, but you keep just making it worse for yourself, so maybe not!

I can't counter any points since you didn't make any valid ones.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 03:39 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Breaking News:

Brown to the Raiders. 

I'm glad the cancer's off the team, but I'm pissed that he couldn't honor his contract he signed. At least Bell was good enough to honor his contract before he demanded a huge contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 05:15 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I'm glad the cancer's off the team, but I'm pissed that he couldn't honor his contract he signed. At least Bell was good enough to honor his contract before he demanded a huge contract.

Steelers held all the cards? Well they lost a top five receiver and have to count 20 million against the cap this year. Oh and lets not forget those two top draft picks they got(3rd, 5th). AB gets an extension with 31mil guaranteed(he had zero in Pitt). The compensation the Raiders are giving AB have been estimated at 50 mil. Tell me again oh Swami how the Steelers held all the cards because it looks like AB got the gold mine an the Steelers got the shaft.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 02:08 PM)McC Wrote: How much leverage does Brown really have, though?  All the Steelers really have to do is nothing and then the most Brown can do is not play and not get paid.

He had enough leverage left to be guaranteed to be 31 million richer today than he was yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 05:11 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I can't counter any points since you didn't make any valid ones.

Ha!  

You avoid all my prior posts and just resort to insults because you have nothing of any value to post in defense of your organization being dog shit!
Reply/Quote
AB's best days are now in his rearview mirror. He's quickly gonna learn that Carr is no Pig Ben. The Raiders don't even know where they're playing this year, and they got rid of their best players last year in salary dumps only to do this.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 01:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The people on Good Morning Football this morning were pointing out how the Steelers botched another situation and screwed themselves, just like they did with Le'Veon Bell!

To be fair, the only other option would be to not trade him, force him to come to OTAs and camp, and fine him when he doesn't show up. This would drag on into the new league year, offseason, and possible longer, like camp and preseason. 

It would've been an distraction of epic proportions and the Steelers would then be criticized for botching the situation by holding on to him too long just like they did with Bell. 

They really were in a no win situation and probably why they decided just to be rid of him and move on. Can't say that I don't agree with how it happened given the alternative. It sucks. They got screwed but at least they can put the two malcontents behind them and build from here. 

Personally Im happy that all of this is over. They still have a lot of good players and if you think they're going to suck and be an easy out next year, then you haven't been paying attention to the way they do things. They will rebuild in short order. They have already proven that they don't need Bell and have Golden Taint courting them already. 

I'm not predicting anything great next year, they're not winning the division or making the playoffs, but don't expect them to all of the sudden be a 4 or 5 win team. This is the bottom, they can now start to ascend again. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 11:46 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: To be fair, the only other option would be to not trade him, force him to come to OTAs and camp, and fine him when he doesn't show up. This would drag on into the new league year, offseason, and possible longer, like camp and preseason. 

It would've been an distraction of epic proportions and the Steelers would then be criticized for botching the situation by holding on to him too long just like they did with Bell. 

They really were in a no win situation and probably why they decided just to be rid of him and move on. Can't say that I don't agree with how it happened given the alternative. It sucks. They got screwed but at least they can put the two malcontents behind them and build from here. 

Personally Im happy that all of this is over. They still have a lot of good players and if you think they're going to suck and be an easy out next year, then you haven't been paying attention to the way they do things. They will rebuild in short order. They have already proven that they don't need Bell and have Golden Taint courting them already. 

I'm not predicting anything great next year, they're not winning the division or making the playoffs, but don't expect them to all of the sudden be a 4 or 5 win team. This is the bottom, they can now start to ascend again. 
The division is really up for grabs. I hate to say it but Cleveland has the team with the most upside going into the draft but anything could happen. With Ben at the helm you can't count the Steelers out of the division but they won't be able to compete with the elite teams.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 11:46 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: To be fair, the only other option would be to not trade him, force him to come to OTAs and camp, and fine him when he doesn't show up. This would drag on into the new league year, offseason, and possible longer, like camp and preseason. 

You sided with an aging quarterback over two play-makers in their prime. You're delusional if you think the Steelers won't see major regression in the short-term.

The Steelers' fuckups probably just forfeited the division to the Browns for the next 2-3 years
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 04:15 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: You sided with an aging quarterback over two play-makers in their prime. You're delusional if you think the Steelers won't see major regression in the short-term.

The Steelers' fuckups probably just forfeited the division to the Browns for the next 2-3 years

Q: What trio gives the Steelers the best chance to reach a Super Bowl

1) QB...Big Ben
    RB....James Connor
    WR.....JuJu Smith

2) QB......Josh Dobbs
    RB.....Le'veon Bell
    WR.....Antonio Brown

A:_______________________________

****If you answer #2 you're just trolling. 
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote