Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Sign Trubisky
Enjoy 4th place even the Browns managed to find a QB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Honestly I think this is a good pickup by the Steelers. Yes hes a bridge QB more than likely till they draft one in 2023. However if he manages to do well who knows.
Reply/Quote
I think Trubisky could very well be their Andy Dalton. They can have good regular seasons, make the playoffs and ruin their draft position and get blown out in the wild card round. The QBs in the AFC are so absurd right now...I know football is a team sport, but the idea of a team led by Trusibky making the top 7 seems unlikely and the idea of him wading into the playoffs and notching some wins seems impossible.

I'll be happy if he isn't the Tommy Maddox to the QB they draft this year being the next Ben.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think Trubisky could very well be their Andy Dalton.  They can have good regular seasons, make the playoffs and ruin their draft position and get blown out in the wild card round.  The QBs in the AFC are so absurd right now...I know football is a team sport, but the idea of a team led by Trusibky making the top 7 seems unlikely and the idea of him wading into the playoffs and notching some wins seems impossible.

I'll be happy if he isn't the Tommy Maddox to the QB they draft this year being the next Ben.

Ruin their draft position?  They’ve drafted higher than 15th exactly 3 times in the last three decades, and yet they’ve managed four SB appearances in that time, winning two.  I think they’ve figured out how to draft from a low position.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 04:25 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Ruin their draft position?  They’ve drafted higher than 15th exactly 3 times in the last three decades, and yet they’ve managed four SB appearances in that time, winning two.  I think they’ve figured out how to draft from a low position.  

I meant that frustration of watching your draft position take that significant "playoff hit" just so you can get shellacked in the wild card round. 

I get it, the Steelers are a golden franchise, but they were a Dalton-era style "playoff participant" last year.  
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 08:23 PM)6andcounting Wrote: No need to trade up picks or trade away picks for a QB now. If Pickett or Willis are available at 20, we probably take them. If not, we load up elsewhere and wait for a better QB to come along in the future. Plugging a young, mobile qb into an already stacked team is literally how every good team in recent history has done it. Save for Tampa that plugged with an old, immobile 42 year old.

This definitely isn’t the year to trade up picks. I’m not sure any of this years QB class is worthy of a first round pick. That won’t stop teams from picking them though.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 02:23 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: This definitely isn’t the year to trade up picks. I’m not sure any of this years QB class is worthy of a first round pick. That won’t stop teams from picking them though.

I wouldn't take any of them before late in the first. However, desperation makes teams do weird things. I think we'll see 2 go top 10 and another will go mid first round.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 04:55 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: I wouldn't take any of them before late in the first. However, desperation makes teams do weird things. I think we'll see 2 go top 10 and another will go mid first round.

This class has the looks of one that won’t field a significant nfl QB
Reply/Quote
When do the browns cut Mayfield?
Reply/Quote
Ewww
-Housh
Reply/Quote