Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Stop Worrying
I personally don't want to see him play at the senior bowl, but If he throws in drills that would be fine. He will probably run a 40 and throw at the combine because he seemed excited about it when asked in interviews a couple of weeks ago, but with the torn rib cartilage from the National Championship game that may prevent him from participating. Also, he doesn't really need to prove anything.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 02:48 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: The context I referred to Jerry and Mike with the rabbit and the turtle is not career wide. Jerry wants another ring before he dies, I don't know what Mike wants. I'm optimistic that because of Joe, Mike will build the team around him before Jerry empties the bank account. 

Ok, so you're just making stuff up.  That's fine, I'll leave you to it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I want him to attend and work out, see how he works within the context of gameday planning and with some of the Bengals ways of coaching, just so they can get familiar.

But if he doesn't go, no biggie.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:18 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: "If you have the bell cow quarterback, it works. You have to have the key guy. If you don't have the key guy, it doesn't matter."

"If you don't have a productive quarterback, you won't go anywhere. That's the way it works in this league. I know it doesn't seem that simple, but it is."

Let's just hope Mikey Boy doesn't think Tua Tagovailoa, Jalen Hurts, or Justin Herbert is a better "bell cow" than Joe Burrow.  I know Mike Brown will take a quarterback with the #1OA, but let's see which one.

(01-16-2020, 01:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think the fear is that the only thing that will change is drafting a great QB.

Me too!  Simply switching out Andy Dalton for Joe Burrow might sell a few more tickets and jerseys but I'm not sure this immediately translates into a significant increase in the number of wins.  The Bengals will fix the quarterback position but there is a plethora of weaknesses all up and down the roster in need of attention.

(01-16-2020, 01:23 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Yeah for sure, but I think this is the "bell cow" Mike has been having wet dreams about for 84 years. Perhaps the best college QB of all time? This would be the off-season for him to make his moves. 

Send a case of Miralax!  That might shake something loose.

(01-16-2020, 01:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mike has been looking for his Otto Graham since forever.

This is SO true! 

(01-16-2020, 01:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Sadly, I feel he may be looking a gift horse in the mouth by taking the best QB ever and putting him with a sub-par coaching staff and sub-par ownership/FO mentality.  That's the issue of worry IF IF IF Burrow is the best ever.

Yes.  We do not take the greatest concert violinist in history and put him under the direction of the music arrangers for Hee Haw.

(01-16-2020, 02:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure it is optimism to say a guy with 0 playoff wins as an owner/gm is better than a guy with 3 SB rings.  That's not optimism that's just wrong.

Winning is the only statistic which ultimately counts.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 02:17 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Hard to deny he is the best college QB ever. 

Based on?
Yes, he had a really great season, but when I think of best college QB ever, I would look at someone who had more than just one season of greatness.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 02:17 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Hard to deny he is the best college QB ever. 

Tebow
V Young
Leinart
Wuerffel
Kellen Moore

Just off the top of my head, had better college and/or more storied careers, than Burrow. And there are a ton more.

Burrow had the best year of any college QB ever; perfect record, Hesiman, SEC championship, National Championship, NCMVP, 50 other awards, etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 03:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Tebow
V Young
Leinart
Wuerffel
Kellen Moore

Just off the top of my head, had better college and/or more storied careers, than Burrow. And there are a ton more.

Burrow had the best year of any college QB ever; perfect record, Hesiman, SEC championship, National Championship, NCMVP, 50 other awards, etc.

I think the announcers also said, during the National Championship game, that he had the most total TDs (passing/rushing combined) in one season. I believe the total was 65 TDs.  (60 pass, 5 rush)
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:18 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: "If you have the bell cow quarterback, it works. You have to have the key guy. If you don't have the key guy, it doesn't matter."

"If you don't have a productive quarterback, you won't go anywhere. That's the way it works in this league. I know it doesn't seem that simple, but it is."

These are just two quotes I took from Shake n Bakes thread a year ago. For all the hate I have for Mike Brown (some of you have pointed it out) one thing I think we don't need to worry about is whether we are going to trade back, or if we will not take him at all.

Our coaches in todays Bengals.com article know they are getting him, they just cannot speak about it yet. Senior bowl is coming up, I hope Joe decides to play.

No need to start a mega thread of arguing about what we want, or what we think will happen. Mike is the definition of a patient owner, I would actually find it quite ironic with all the hate I give him, and what others give him, his patients allowed for us to get a great QB as well as setting us up in a position to make a run at our first Superbowl win. Definition of the Rabbit and the Turtle.

It's a NewDey, time to break our yesterdey habits. Go Bengals.

Yes, we will take Joe Burrow and it will be a time to be excited again. Nice post. We will get a QB that played in a NFL style 
system, is extremely accurate, deceptively mobile, has great pocket awareness and most importantly has ice water in his veins.

Haven't had this in forever. Put the proper players around him and the sky is the limit. 

This guy wants to prove everyone wrong. A Tom Brady like quality and is very smart on top of all of this.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 03:44 PM)depthchart Wrote: I think the announcers also said, during the National Championship game, that he had the most total TDs (passing/rushing combined) in one season. I believe the total was 65 TDs.  (60 pass, 5 rush)

Man, how can I forget the stats? lol :$
Reply/Quote

These are just two quotes I took from Shake n Bakes thread a year ago. For all the hate I have for Mike Brown (some of you have pointed it out) one thing I think we don't need to worry about is whether we are going to trade back, or if we will not take him at all.

Our coaches in todays Bengals.com article know they are getting him, they just cannot speak about it yet. Senior bowl is coming up, I hope Joe decides to play.

No need to start a mega thread of arguing about what we want, or what we think will happen. Mike is the definition of a patient owner, I would actually find it quite ironic with all the hate I give him, and what others give him, his patients allowed for us to get a great QB as well as setting us up in a position to make a run at our first Superbowl win. Definition of the Rabbit and the Turtle.

It's a NewDey, time to break our yesterdey habits. Go Bengals.

I liked everything about this post until you said NewDey and yesterdey, lol, sigh.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Many people have claimed Mike Brown built the best roster in the league just to have Marvin and/or Andy ruin everything.  So they don't have any reason to wprry.

You were right to Lionize Marvin. He was a huge part of building that roster (referring to several articles that mentioned Mike and Marvin's "partnership"). 
It was past time for him to go, but what now? Who do you see stepping up and contributing now? Zac isn't exactly inspiring a lot of confidence in me. How about you? Who's going to cajole, browbeat, ingratiate himself or whatever the f*** Marvin did to get the Family to ACT with even the slightest bit of imagination and urgency?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
C'mon.. Get your checkbooks out to chip in for the big statue of Mike on Fountain Square.. ThumbsUp 

What? You don't wanna? Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote