Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers already fear Burrow
(01-14-2020, 07:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: BROKEN RECORD

They’ve been trying to “fix the OL” for years. It’s easier said than done. We’ve used 3 1st rounders on OL since 2015. And traded for Glenn. And picked up Fred Johnson...

It’s like some of you think you’re the only ones that realize it’s important.

Idk man...they've thrown picks at it, but I'd say they've half-assed free agency, etc.

Even considering the Glenn trade. Fred Johnson isn't even worth mentioning. Typical Bengals signing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 06:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And most of, if not all of, their fan base.
Sig check!!

Right there with ya....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk man...they've thrown picks at it, but I'd say they've half-assed free agency, etc.

Even considering the Glenn trade. Fred Johnson isn't even worth mentioning. Typical Bengals signing.

Disagree on Fred Johnson. Just because he couldn’t stick on a Pittsburgh team with a really good OL doesn’t mean he’s automatically trash. He clearly made a difference the last couple games. Is he going to be a Pro Bowler? Highly doubtful, but he could be solid for us. Guy’s as big as a house lol

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Typical Bengals signing.

Who cares? he's shown more in 2+ games than 99% of any other typical Bengals signing.

If a RT is drafted, you have a 3-way competition for RT and if you don't want Hart, you cut him with a very small loss.

Fred Johnson is a DAMN good thing to happen to this team.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Who cares? he's shown more in 2+ games than 99% of any other typical Bengals signing.

If a RT is drafted, you have a 3-way competition for RT and if you don't want Hart, you cut him with a very small loss.

I am going to have to watch some vids of this Fred Johnson guy evidently.

Missed the last 4 games.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Disagree on Fred Johnson. Just because he couldn’t stick on a Pittsburgh team with a really good OL doesn’t mean he’s automatically trash. He clearly made a difference the last couple games. Is he going to be a Pro Bowler? Highly doubtful, but he could be solid for us. Guy’s as big as a house lol

(01-14-2020, 11:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Who cares? he's shown more in 2+ games than 99% of any other typical Bengals signing.

Meh. We'll see I guess. 2 games is a tiny sample size to be declaring success.

Either way, the debate was about how seriously the Bengals have taken the o-line issue over the last 4 years, and signing some guy who didn't make the cut in Pittsburgh to a minimum contract doesn't = seriousness in my eyes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. We'll see I guess. 2 games is a tiny sample size to be declaring success.

Either way, the debate was about how seriously the Bengals have taken the o-line issue over the last 4 years, and signing some guy who didn't make the cut in Pittsburgh to a minimum contract doesn't = seriousness in my eyes.

Yeah, need to be real serious about the O-line and Linebackers this Offseason.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. We'll see I guess. 2 games is a tiny sample size to be declaring success.

But 3 1st round draft picks does. People act like every team is signing half a dozen FA’s and making multiple trades every year.

And Idk why you’re discounting trading for Glenn. Even if it didn’t work out.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But 3 1st round draft picks does. People act like every team is signing half a dozen FA’s and making multiple trades every year.

That's why I said they threw picks at the problem, but half-assed free agency.

I'm not discounting Glenn so much as looking at the fact that it was one move in 4 years.

We've had a severe problem on the line for 4 years and not once did I feel the Bengals went all-in to fix it.
Reply/Quote
IMG_4931.png
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's why I said they threw picks at the problem, but half-assed free agency.

I'm not discounting Glenn so much as looking at the fact that it was one move in 4 years.

We've had a severe problem on the line for 4 years and not once did I feel the Bengals went all-in to fix it.

Not going all in I’ll agree with. There’s always more that can be done.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 07:32 PM)J24 Wrote: Yeah I would like think that the Steelers would be finished without big Ben but they were 8-8 with a duck caller and Mason Rudolph. The team is just built the right way something were not.

Truth, they are built around the 3 places we are weakest. They have a good o line, LBers who can cover and tackle and a d line that tackles well and gives constant pressure. 

They don't do well drafting in the secondary, and they use up their skill position guys and then move on to the next one. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not going all in I’ll agree with. There’s always more that can be done.

... especially in free agency, where our effort has been nearly non-existent.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:14 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Truth, they are built around the 3 places we are weakest. They have a good o line, LBers who can cover and tackle and a d line that tackles well and gives constant pressure. 

They don't do well drafting in the secondary, and they use up their skill position guys and then move on to the next one. 

Our DL is not a weakness.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 07:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: BROKEN RECORD

They’ve been trying to “fix the OL” for years. It’s easier said than done. We’ve used 3 1st rounders on OL since 2015. And traded for Glenn. And picked up Fred Johnson...

It’s like some of you think you’re the only ones that realize it’s important.

But it's true....even the great Deshaun Watson was handicapped in KC because of the relentless pressure from a not real good KC defense. 

There's a difference between mediocre and awful. Ours is awful. Thirtieth in the league according to PFF. It's not just us fans either.... it's coaches, ex players, and the media. Our line is one of the worst I've ever seen.... including my days in pee wee league. The only line that compares is the last few years at FSU. Look what's happened to them.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But 3 1st round draft picks does. People act like every team is signing half a dozen FA’s and making multiple trades every year.

None of it has worked out though....Billy Price is as bad as Ogbuehi. Glenn was an upgrade to Ogbuehi, but hell, I think I would be, and haven't played in 25 years. At least I'd give a shit out there. LOL

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:05 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: But it's true....even the great Deshaun Watson was handicapped in KC because of the relentless pressure from a not real good KC defense. 

There's a difference between mediocre and awful. Ours is awful. Thirtieth in the league according to PFF. It's not just us fans either.... it's coaches, ex players, and the media. Our line is one of the worst I've ever seen.... including my days in pee wee league. The only line that compares is the last few years at FSU. Look what's happened to them.

Watson put up 388 yds 2 TD ran for another and Houston scored 31 points on the road in one of the toughest places to play in the league.

They just happened to run into a buzzsaw named Patrick Mahomes.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:08 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: None of it has worked out though....Billy Price is as bad as Ogbuehi. Glenn was an upgrade to Ogbuehi, but hell, I think I would be, and haven't played in 25 years. At least I'd give a shit out there. LOL

We have no idea if the Jonah Williams pick will work out. He’s yet to play a single down in the NFL.

I just think it’s a little disingenuous to constantly accuse them of ignoring the OL. We haven’t. We just haven’t fixed it yet. There’s a difference.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watson put up 388 yds 2 TD ran for another and Houston scored 31 points on the road in one of the toughest places to play in the league.

They just happened to run into a buzzsaw named Patrick Mahomes.

But Houston scored two TDs off special teams play....one of them directly. 

Watson was harassed all day, it's no secret their line is not very good either. I get it, I played line, it ain't glamorous, a thankless job....but it's damn important. A whole lot more important than people give it credit for.

Also, Mahommes had pretty good protection from what I saw ....plus he's good. Some teams understand you protect your investment at QB. Others are Mike Brown.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We have no idea if the Jonah Williams pick will work out. He’s yet to play a single down in the NFL.

I just think it’s a little disingenuous to constantly accuse them of ignoring the OL. We haven’t. We just haven’t fixed it yet. There’s a difference.

Jonah Williams was the Joe Burrow of tackles in last year's draft. That said, you're right, we don't know what'll happen there....but we don't know about Joe either by that logic. I believe Jonah could have played all season with his bum shoulder and been better than Ogbuehi. That dude's turrible.

I wouldn't say they've ignored it, but they've shit the bed in addressing it. Fish and Of were turds, Billy Price is a turd, Hart's a turd, Hopkins is good, Miller is below average, Jordan is very raw, Glenn is average, Jerry and Smith were bad....but hell, they aren't even LTs. The line is bad. Get off that wallet you buncha lazy *****, stay outta Switzerland and get aggressive with personnel moves. That's apparently too much to ask of Son of Paul. When you whiff on picks, you gotta at least improve the whiffs a little with FA.....and not dumpster diving FA. 

Reply/Quote