Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers already fear Burrow
Vince Williams is a piece of garbage. How long before he's on social media openly threatening to shoot Burrow?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Our DL is not a weakness.

Our DL is not as bad as our LB'ers but we did struggle to get consistent pressure this season, consistent being the key word. (Only 5 teams had less sacks then the Bengals)

And there were still tackling issues that allowed teams to run all over us. We were dead last in rushing yards allowed...dead last!! That says the D-line is under-performing.

DL is not as weak as LB or O-Line, but it is also not as solid as Pitt's, and I hate Pitt and hate to give them credit, but they always seem to have pressure rushing just 4.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:33 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Our DL is not as bad as our LB'ers but we did struggle to get consistent pressure this season, consistent being the key word. (Only 5 teams had less sacks then the Bengals)

And there were still tackling issues that allowed teams to run all over us. We were dead last in rushing yards allowed...dead last!! That says the D-line is under-performing.

DL is not as weak as LB or O-Line, but it is also not as solid as Pitt's, and I hate Pitt and hate to give them credit, but they always seem to have pressure rushing just 4.

..... rushing 3 against us. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:21 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: But Houston scored two TDs off special teams play....one of them directly. 

Watson was harassed all day, it's no secret their line is not very good either. I get it, I played line, it ain't glamorous, a thankless job....but it's damn important. A whole lot more important than people give it credit for.

Also, Mahommes had pretty good protection from what I saw ....plus he's good. Some teams understand you protect your investment at QB. Others are Mike Brown.

Right, I said Houston scored 31, not Watson. But he did have over 400 combined yds and rating of 95.7 for the game. That’s going to be good enough to win a lot of games. Especially in the playoffs.

Problem was Mahomes was even better and threw 5 TD’s.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: Jonah Williams was the Joe Burrow of tackles in last year's draft. That said, you're right, we don't know what'll happen there....but we don't know about Joe either by that logic. I believe Jonah could have played all season with his bum shoulder and been better than Ogbuehi. That dude's turrible.

I wouldn't say they've ignored it, but they've shit the bed in addressing it. Fish and Of were turds, Billy Price is a turd, Hart's a turd, Hopkins is good, Miller is below average, Jordan is very raw, Glenn is average, Jerry and Smith were bad....but hell, they aren't even LTs. The line is bad. Get off that wallet you buncha lazy *****, stay outta Switzerland and get aggressive with personnel moves. That's apparently too much to ask of Son of Paul. When you whiff on picks, you gotta at least improve the whiffs a little with FA.....and not dumpster diving FA. 

C'mon WW..quit dancing around the issue and tell us what you really think about the son of Paul..  Do you actually have a secret man crush on him? Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: ..... rushing 3 against us. LOL

So sad and so true....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, I said Houston scored 31, not Watson. But he did have over 400 combined yds and rating of 95.7 for the game. That’s going to be good enough to win a lot of games. Especially in the playoffs.

Problem was Mahomes was even better and threw 5 TD’s.

Yep...scored 24 in the first quarter, then 7 the rest of the game. I thought we were gonna see a shootout when KC came back. KC kept scoring, Houston did not. That's my point. KC defense is not THAT good. Like I said, Watson is great, IMO, but he's been running for his life all season. It's not sustainable. It wasn't sustainable for 4 qtrs in KC. His last series even ended in a sack. Could you imagine Watson with better line play? Yikes.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:33 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Our DL is not as bad as our LB'ers but we did struggle to get consistent pressure this season, consistent being the key word. (Only 5 teams had less sacks then the Bengals)

I’ve posted the numbers a couple times already, but our DL was straight up dominant the last 4-5 weeks of the season. And no it wasn’t just Dunlap. Hubbard, and Lawson were playing great, too. We know Dunlap wasn’t healthy most of the year, and it obviously took Lawson a while to get back to 100% after last years injury, but once he did he looked as good as he has since his rookie year. He had like 16 QB hits the last month or so. He was always in the backfield.

I’d actually argue the DL, even despite some early struggles last year, is still a strength, not a weakness. I don’t think we have a better position group on the team.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:45 AM)grampahol Wrote: C'mon WW..quit dancing around the issue and tell us what you really think about the son of Paul..  Do you actually have a secret man crush on him? Nervous

LMAO gramps..... you're on to me....

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve posted the numbers a couple times already, but our DL was straight up dominant the last 4-5 weeks of the season. And no it wasn’t just Dunlap. Hubbard, and Lawson were playing great, too. We know Dunlap wasn’t healthy most of the year, and it obviously took Lawson a while to get back to 100% after last years injury, but once he did he looked as good as he has since his rookie year. He had like 16 QB hits the last month or so. He was always in the backfield.

I’d actually argue the DL, even despite some early struggles last year, is still a strength, not a weakness. I don’t think we have a better position group on the team.

I'd agree....early on, they really struggled, but down the stretch, they got healthy, the rotational guys got healthy (depth was a problem in the middle of the year too, guys were playing too many snaps), and they looked much better.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:53 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yep...scored 24 in the first quarter, then 7 the rest of the game. I thought we were gonna see a shootout when KC came back. KC kept scoring, Houston did not. That's my point. KC defense is not THAT good. Like I said, Watson is great, IMO, but he's been running for his life all season. It's not sustainable. It wasn't sustainable for 4 qtrs in KC. His last series even ended in a sack. Could you imagine Watson with better line play? Yikes.

Houston even went out and traded for Tunsil (who was an All Pro for them) it’s almost like “fixing the OL” is really hard or something...

Reply/Quote
College vs NFL is vastly different. Please tell me any college QB who came into the league and lit it up year 1. Please tell me. Most rookie QB tend to throw more INT than TD. They also tend to hold onto the ball to long, etc...

All of this hype around Burrow is hype until he actually shows he can play at the NFL level.

If Burrow comes in and plays lights out that would be awesome, but at this point, he is still a rookie and as a fan that has watched multiple rookies come and struggle I'm not expecting anything GREAT from Burrow in his rookie year.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Houston even went out and traded for Tunsil (who was an All Pro for them) it’s almost like “fixing the OL” is really hard or something...

Only in Mikey's world my friend, only in Mikey's world.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:26 AM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: College vs NFL is vastly different. Please tell me any college QB who came into the league and lit it up year 1. Please tell me. Most rookie QB tend to throw more INT than TD. They also tend to hold onto the ball to long, etc...

All of this hype around Burrow is hype until he actually shows he can play at the NFL level.

If Burrow comes in and plays lights out that would be awesome, but at this point, he is still a rookie and as a fan that has watched multiple rookies come and struggle I'm not expecting anything GREAT from Burrow in his rookie year.

Mayfield literally just broke the rookie TD record last year and won the Browns 6 games. They won 0 the season before.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:51 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Only in Mikey's world my friend, only in Mikey's world.

Actually OL play has been down all over the league for years now. It’s not just us.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Actually OL play has been down all over the league for years now. It’s not just us.

Yes, but other teams sign quality, or what is believed to be quality FAs to try and rectify that. We make a turd like Ogbuehi play out his contract instead of cutting bait and moving on. There's the difference.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 07:32 PM)J24 Wrote: Yeah I would like think that the Steelers would be finished without big Ben but they were 8-8 with a duck caller and Mason Rudolph. The team is just built the right way something were not.

That schedule made it possible for them to do that.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:28 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yes, but other teams sign quality, or what is believed to be quality FAs to try and rectify that. We make a turd like Ogbuehi play out his contract instead of cutting bait and moving on. There's the difference.

They obviously haven’t got it right yet. We’ve seen more in the past few years (trading for Glenn, bringing in Pollack) than we used to though. Baby steps lol

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They obviously haven’t got it right yet. We’ve seen more in the past few years (trading for Glenn, bringing in Pollack) than we used to though. Baby steps lol

That's true.....and I was onboard with the Glenn trade. Who knew? 

I'm hoping Jonah is as advertised. That helps a whole lot right there.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:37 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That schedule made it possible for them to do that.

Still we couldn't have done it. We need everything to go right for us to have a successful season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote