Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers already fear Burrow
If Shittsburgh was removed from the map, I don't think anyone would care or notice. Dirty city, dirty people.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:41 PM)Wyche Wrote:  That's true.....and I was onboard with the Glenn trade. Who knew? 

I'm hoping Jonah is as advertised. That helps a whole lot right there.

If Jonah is as advertised, that is huge as we finally have a decent Center in Trey Hop and Jordan is young and can still improve.

Miller got a lot better as the season went on in run blocking and is a decent pass blocker. Bring in a Free Agent RT and Draft OL
and LB after Burrow and we will be much better next year. They better do at least this, damn, it isn't rocket science.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:33 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Our DL is not as bad as our LB'ers but we did struggle to get consistent pressure this season, consistent being the key word. (Only 5 teams had less sacks then the Bengals)

And there were still tackling issues that allowed teams to run all over us. We were dead last in rushing yards allowed...dead last!! That says the D-line is under-performing.

DL is not as weak as LB or O-Line, but it is also not as solid as Pitt's, and I hate Pitt and hate to give them credit, but they always seem to have pressure rushing just 4.

Once Lawson came back and we had some rotation, the Dline started getting home.... hard to play when the D is on the field most of the time and you have injured linemen not rotating in....
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-veteran-linebacker-says-hes-looking-forward-to-sacking-joe-burrow-in-2020/

They probably already have plans to injure him.

Ohhhh.  I'm scared.  A guy that got 2.5 sacks all year is taunting the most prolific passer in the history of NCAA football.  

Don't give this douche any clicks....moving on, nothing to see here. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If I was in Joe's shoes, this would actually motivate me to be a Bengal. Bring it on!

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If I was in Joe's shoes, this would actually motivate me to be a Bengal. Bring it on!

To Mayfield's credit, he embraced the toilet stains as the #1 overall draftee. Too bad they got rid of Kitchens. He's just as good as Zac.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:26 AM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: College vs NFL is vastly different. Please tell me any college QB who came into the league and lit it up year 1. Please tell me. Most rookie QB tend to throw more INT than TD. They also tend to hold onto the ball to long, etc...

All of this hype around Burrow is hype until he actually shows he can play at the NFL level.

If Burrow comes in and plays lights out that would be awesome, but at this point, he is still a rookie and as a fan that has watched multiple rookies come and struggle I'm not expecting anything GREAT from Burrow in his rookie year.

We've seen some pretty good examples just over the last 10-15 yeats of rookie QB's coming in, performing very well and also getting to the playoffs in some cases...

RGIII led the Skins to the playoffs with 20 TD's and only 5 picks. 

Matt Ryan threw for over 3,400 yards and took the Falcons to the playoffs.

Russell Wilson led the Hawks to playoffs with over 3,100 yards passing and 30 total TD's.

Prescott went to the playoffs, completed almost 68% of his passes and only had 4 picks.

Cam had over 4,000 yards passing and scored 35 TD's. 

Luck went to the playoffs, had 28 total TD's and was a Pro Bowler.

Hell, Andy led the Bengals to the playoffs with 20 TD's and 13 picks. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:27 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: To Mayfield's credit, he embraced the toilet stains as the #1 overall draftee. Too bad they got rid of Kitchens. He's just as good as Zac.

Nah, Kitchens was terrible. Idc how bad the OL was, their offense shouldn’t have been that bad. Not with a top 5 WR and a top 5 RB.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: We've seen some pretty good examples just over the last 10-15 yeats of rookie QB's coming in, performing very well and also getting to the playoffs in some cases...

RGIII led the Skins to the playoffs with 20 TD's and only 5 picks. 

Matt Ryan threw for over 3,400 yards and took the Falcons to the playoffs.

Russell Wilson led the Hawks to playoffs with over 3,100 yards passing and 30 total TD's.

Prescott went to the playoffs, completed almost 68% of his passes and only had 4 picks.

Cam had over 4,000 yards passing and scored 35 TD's. 

Luck went to the playoffs, had 28 total TD's and was a Pro Bowler.

Hell, Andy led the Bengals to the playoffs with 20 TD's and 13 picks. 

Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 10:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah, Kitchens was terrible. Idc how bad the OL was, their offense shouldn’t have been that bad. Not with a top 5 WR and a top 5 RB.

This is exactly the problem the Bengals have with their so-called GM.  They get weapons, but they are wasted on an offensive line that gives the QB no time.  

I would rather have a line like the Pats and a couple really solid, reliable weapons, over a line that takes turns getting roasted.  The Bengals have an outstanding opportunity.  They can sign Whit for two years (hell, make it three if he wants) to play LG.  They could sign Joe Thuney to play RG.  They could draft a RT to replace or at least push Bobby Hart.  Do that, and add Jonah Williams at LT to the mix, and Burrow will have both a good line and weapons.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 10:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is exactly the problem the Bengals have with their so-called GM.  They get weapons, but they are wasted on an offensive line that gives the QB no time.  

I would rather have a line like the Pats and a couple really solid, reliable weapons, over a line that takes turns getting roasted.  The Bengals have an outstanding opportunity.  They can sign Whit for two years (hell, make it three if he wants) to play LG.  They could sign Joe Thuney to play RG.  They could draft a RT to replace or at least push Bobby Hart.  Do that, and add Jonah Williams at LT to the mix, and Burrow will have both a good line and weapons.  

The Pats lost in the first round because they had no weapons. You can have the mythical All Galaxy 5 man OL this board dreams about and it won’t matter if you have no playmakers.

Gronk was more important to NE and Brady than any olinemen.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 11:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Pats lost in the first round because they had no weapons. You can have the mythical All Galaxy 5 man OL this board dreams about and it won’t matter if you have no playmakers.

Gronk was also a hell of a Blocker who could take games over at the line of scrimmage. In all honesty you need both am offensive line and weapons to win in the NFL. Along with a QB + Defense. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 12:37 PM)J24 Wrote: Gronk was also a hell of a Blocker who could take games over at the line of scrimmage. In all honesty you need both am offensive line and weapons to win in the NFL. Along with a QB + Defense. 

Yes, Gronk was a great blocker which helped out the OL and he was also a weapon. Similar to George Kittle nowadays.

Need a good OL to go along with the weapons no question.

Since we wasted a 2nd round pick on Sample, I sure hope he grows into at least half decent at blocking and catching.

Need a good TE in the NFL of today it seems.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 11:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Pats lost in the first round because they had no weapons. You can have the mythical All Galaxy 5 man OL this board dreams about and it won’t matter if you have no playmakers.

False.  Edelman was his quick outlet.  And the Bengals wouldn't be devoid of weapons...thought I covered that?  They changed dramatically when they lost their vertical threat, AB.  With Green, we have that, and maybe even Ross, but the bottom line is that none of those vertical shots happened HERE because the ball had to be out so quickly.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 04:59 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: False.  Edelman was his quick outlet.  And the Bengals wouldn't be devoid of weapons...thought I covered that?  They changed dramatically when they lost their vertical threat, AB.  With Green, we have that, and maybe even Ross, but the bottom line is that none of those vertical shots happened HERE because the ball had to be out so quickly.  

True as long as we bring back AJ and all these weapons can stay healthy we should be fine in the weapon department.

Need to add at least 2 players to the O-line though.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 04:59 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: False.  Edelman was his quick outlet.  And the Bengals wouldn't be devoid of weapons...thought I covered that?  They changed dramatically when they lost their vertical threat, AB.  With Green, we have that, and maybe even Ross, but the bottom line is that none of those vertical shots happened HERE because the ball had to be out so quickly.  

And we had a QB who was terrible throwing the ball downfield...

Players shouldn’t have to stop and adjust on balls 90% of the time.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, Gronk was a great blocker which helped out the OL and he was also a weapon. Similar to George Kittle nowadays.

Need a good OL to go along with the weapons no question.

Since we wasted a 2nd round pick on Sample, I sure hope he grows into at least half decent at blocking and catching.

Need a good TE in the NFL of today it seems.

Yep. Two of the teams left in the playoffs their TE is their best playmaker.

Reply/Quote

Do we know how significant of a deep threat Green is still going to be? He's going to be 32 heading into this season and has had a lot of leg injuries over the past few years. At least his legs should be pretty fresh and rested though I reckon. 
Reply/Quote
Part of their bush league strategy is to annoy their opponent and "get in their head" before the game even starts.  Other teams should give it right back to them and openly talk about the Rapist's police reports, how Tomlin acted like he was too good for his own hometown on camera, all of the headbutts, all of the cheap shots, all of the timely flags.  Bush league begets bush league where I'm from.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 08:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Two of the teams left in the playoffs their TE is their best playmaker.

And I know Jimmy Graham isn't the Packers best playmaker but he is pretty good at times himself.

(01-17-2020, 08:42 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: Do we know how significant of a deep threat Green is still going to be? He's going to be 32 heading into this season and has had a lot of leg injuries over the past few years. At least his legs should be pretty fresh and rested though I reckon. 

Don't know nothing about what AJ has left honestly, that is why if we re-sign him or someone signs him somewhere else it 
has to be taken into consideration in the deal. Green has been hurt more than Eifert and Ross as of late.

(01-18-2020, 04:23 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Part of their bush league strategy is to annoy their opponent and "get in their head" before the game even starts.  Other teams should give it right back to them and openly talk about the Rapist's police reports, how Tomlin acted like he was too good for his own hometown on camera, all of the headbutts, all of the cheap shots, all of the timely flags.  Bush league begets bush league where I'm from.

There has been way too many times when those sumbitches do a dirty or late hit on our guys and our guys do nothing about it.

I am not saying go do a Myles Garrett or something but some retaliation might slow that shit down.
Reply/Quote