Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why no field goal in the first quarter?
Points were going to be at a premium this game and Marvin decides to kick a field goal in the first quarter when we were on the Pitt 38 yard line. This was before it started raining, too. Why not try and attempt the field goal?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Points were going to be at a premium this game and Marvin decides to kick a field goal in the first quarter when we were on the Pitt 38 yard line. This was before it started raining, too. Why not try and attempt the field goal?

A 54 yarder for the weakest legged kicker in the league? I would have passed too.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think you go for the field goal but I think you go for it.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:14 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: A 54 yarder for the weakest legged kicker in the league? I would have passed too.

Nuge has made long field goals before. Its not like it was completely out of the question... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Field position was key this game, punting the ball was the right decision.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Points were going to be at a premium this game and Marvin decides to kick a field goal in the first quarter when we were on the Pitt 38 yard line. This was before it started raining, too. Why not try and attempt the field goal?

Wasn't raining yet, but the air was still heavy with moisture. Punting was the right decision.
Reply/Quote