Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers are basically out of the playoffs
(12-23-2018, 10:37 PM)motoarch Wrote: How are they out?  Browns are clearly not a pushover and the bengals are trash.  The bengals are not beating the Steelers next week and the browns I’m sure would love to knock out the ravens.

every effin thread all you do is smash the Bengals. Please admin ban this idiot from this board so real fans don't have to see or listen to this troll anymore!

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 02:06 AM)RASCAL Wrote: every effin thread all you do is smash the Bengals. Please admin ban this idiot from this board so real fans don't have to see or listen to this troll anymore!

I mean, I see where you’re coming from, but is he wrong?

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 02:15 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I mean, I see where you’re coming from, but is he wrong?

he's an effin troll! is he wrong??? Let him go root for another team and see how long he lasts there! This board is kinda like elmer fudd the owner, he is also very patient. But an IDIOT about football! 
NOBODY is gonna pick on the Bengals but real fans! That he is NOT!!! YES he is wrong for coming on here every week and trashing this team!! HE SHOULD BE BANNED! ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 02:32 AM)RASCAL Wrote: he's an effin troll! is he wrong??? Let him go root for another team and see how long he lasts there! This board is kinda like elmer fudd the owner, he is also very patient. But an IDIOT about football! 
NOBODY is gonna pick on the Bengals but real fans! That he is NOT!!! YES he is wrong for coming on here every week and trashing this team!! HE SHOULD BE BANNED! ThumbsUp

I’ve lasted 30+ years as a bengals fan. You think I wouldn’t last elsewhere? How so? You think it’s harder to cheer for team that can win a playoff game?

As the previous poster noted when have I been wrong?

Trash team is trash.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's what happens when you don't beat Denver and the Raiders and blow a 16 point second half lead tot he Chargers AT HOME.

They deserve to be at the mercy of the Browns.

Frankly it won't surprise me if they lose to the Bengals...they seem to find a way to lose differently every time.

Damn, the Steelers loss has you all shook up. Re-read that last sentence and slap yourself. It’s the Bengals. They refuse to beat Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
I put the chances of the Bengals beating the Steelers somewhere just north of 0% next week. Even if we had a healthy roster, we would still be staring at another L. No way Driskell is getting it done
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:23 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Oakland fans said the same thing.......

That's the real head scratcher.   How the hell could that have happened?   Hey, let's run a fake punt.

And isn't it kinda cool that JuJu fumbled away the season?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:54 AM)McC Wrote: That's the real head scratcher.   How the hell could that have happened?   Hey, let's run a fake punt.

And isn't it kinda cool that JuJu fumbled away the season?

(12-24-2018, 11:06 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Damn, the Steelers loss has you all shook up. Re-read that last sentence and slap yourself. It’s the Bengals. They refuse to beat Pittsburgh.

I've said for years that divisional games are different.  They are harder no matter what the records.  And playing a team with nothing to lose versus facing a must win is harder too.

I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me...just like the Raiders and Broncos didn't surprise me.

The team has underperformed for years.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
For the Bengals to win it would take 7-8 turnovers from Big Ben, Mixon having the game of his life including 3+ TDs, and Driskel not taking sacks or turning it over.

And then the Steelers would likely still be within a TD in the 4th qrtr and pull it out
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:06 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Damn, the Steelers loss has you all shook up. Re-read that last sentence and slap yourself. It’s the Bengals. They refuse to beat Pittsburgh.

Lol

"We suck"
"I know you suck but so do we"

Is that what this season has become? 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 04:22 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Lol

"We suck"

It’s taken a weird turn here, for sure.

Your suck just has a higher floor than our suck.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 04:22 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Lol

"We suck"

Kinda takes the edge off smack, doesn't it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 11:05 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Yeah and I've seen it too. 

I wouldn't be shocked if the Browns beat Baltimore and the Steelers crush the Bengals, giving everyone false hope, only to get rolled by the Titans at home in the WC game in two weeks.

Everyone was hyped that the defense finally made a stand in beating the Pats last week. I'll admit I was hopeful too......until Tuesday when I saw highlights of the last drive. The Pats last play.....Brady felt pressure that wasn't there and rather than stepping into the pass, stepped left causing the rainbow that was incomplete. If he steps into that pass and delivers as strike like he should have, Julian Edelman was wide open for the score.

He makes that throw and the Steelers are on a 5 game skid and 7-7-1 right now, with the defense falling apart 5 straight weeks.

That uncharacteristic Brady mistake bought Steelers fans an undeserved week of hope....and Omar another 5 years as HC.  

If the Steelers make the playoffs as the 4th seed they will play the 5th seed Chargers/Chiefs.

Titans/Colts winner will face Houston.   
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yes, this patchwork, makeshift Bengals team has little chance to beat a Steeler team that should be playing for their lives. But wouldn't it be cool if somehow they scratched together a win and totally eliminated the Steelers?
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 03:58 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Yes, this patchwork, makeshift Bengals team has little chance to beat a Steeler team that should be playing for their lives. But wouldn't it be cool if somehow they scratched together a win and totally eliminated the Steelers?

The last time the Bengals beat the steelers with very little talent was back in 2001.  Kitna to Farmer FTW
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 09:36 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: The last time the Bengals beat the steelers with very little talent was back in 2001.  Kitna to Farmer FTW

Actually, aside from QB, that 2001 roster had plenty of talent.  The problem was the same as it is today, the climate of the management, the lack of good coaching, and the culture of the locker room was at an all-time low.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Cincinnati_Bengals_season

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The Steeler's playoff life hinges on the Browns beating the Ravens. In the past, I would have said no way. But this Browns team is playing like a playoff team right now, while the Steeler's are not.

Also, the Ravens blew it in week 16 a year ago losing to a Bengals team who had nothing but pride to play the game for and beat them on the Boyd TD

You never know in the NFL, also could be Indy tie with Titans, but my guess is Steelers need the Brownies to win and get them in the playoffs. I agree with others, the chances of the Bengals getting within 14 points of the Steelers is about .00000000001%
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals beat the Steelers, it's because Tomlin's heard Marvin is on the hot seat. He'll throw the game just so he'll have Marvin to kick around for another 5 years.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 07:57 PM)Whatever Wrote: If the Bengals beat the Steelers, it's because Tomlin's heard Marvin is on the hot seat.  He'll throw the game just so he'll have Marvin to kick around for another 5 years.

actually that's not a bad long term strategy.  Steelers need those Bengal wins every season to make up for inevitable 2-3 losses to bottom feeders.
Reply/Quote