Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers are signing Russell Wilson
Per Adam Schefter, Wilson is signing a 1 year team friendly deal in Pittsburgh. He still gets paid with the Broncos paying the lion’s share of his salary.
Personally, I think he will get destroyed in this division but we shall see

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wilson will probably play like he did in Denver and not Seattle. Steelers feel it's worth a shot at the price.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Im puzzled. I would've been okay with it if it was a 3 year cap friendly deal where Pickett could sit and take over eventually while they'd have 3 drafts to find another QB that they liked. But why tf one year? It doesn't make long term sense. Unless they think they can win it all next year...which they won't....this makes no sense and can possibly be detrimental long term.
Reply/Quote
Ciara when Russ tells her that she's going to be living in Pittsburgh for the next year

[Image: a1e6d5d77881fb712f793a783d2039b1.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 05:19 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Im puzzled. I would've been okay with it if it was a 3 year cap friendly deal where Pickett could sit and take over eventually while they'd have 3 drafts to find another QB that they liked. But why tf one year? It doesn't make long term sense. Unless they think they can win it all next year...which they won't....this makes no sense and can possibly be detrimental long term.

I don’t know, they’re instantly better today with him than they were as a playoff team last season while paying next to nothing. Great move, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:14 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I don’t know, they’re instantly better today with him than they were as a playoff team last season while paying next to nothing. Great move, IMO.

and cheap to leave them cash to improve elsewhere
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 05:19 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Im puzzled. I would've been okay with it if it was a 3 year cap friendly deal where Pickett could sit and take over eventually while they'd have 3 drafts to find another QB that they liked. But why tf one year? It doesn't make long term sense. Unless they think they can win it all next year...which they won't....this makes no sense and can possibly be detrimental long term.

Makes sense to me.   We have no idea  whether we’re getting Seattle Wilson or Denver Wilson.  In the worst case scenario, we get a decent backup for a year at a bargain price ($1.2 Million).  But if he returns to form, the price tag goes from being a bargain to an absolute steal, and we’ll hopefully get an opportunity to extend.  

Either way, at that price, I think it’s worth the risk.  
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:14 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I don’t know, they’re instantly better today with him than they were as a playoff team last season while paying next to nothing. Great move, IMO.

(03-11-2024, 12:30 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Makes sense to me.   We have no idea  whether we’re getting Seattle Wilson or Denver Wilson.  In the worst case scenario, we get a decent backup for a year at a bargain price ($1.2 Million).  But if he returns to form, the price tag goes from being a bargain to an absolute steal, and we’ll hopefully get an opportunity to extend.  

Either way, at that price, I think it’s worth the risk.  

Yeah, Im starting to warm up to it. IDK what kind of hibernation I was in last night, but I missed the signing and didn't see it until early this morning. 

I guess if he plays the way that we hope and the Steelers win a playoff game or two and he looks good doing it, maybe you can convince Russ to sign a 2-3 year team friendly deal....like $30-$35M annually (I can't believe that that would be team friendly, but here we are Hilarious Thanks Browns...a**holes)....since it would give him the best shot to win a SB before he retires.  

Otherwise, KP has a year to sit and learn a new system and hopefully he'll be improved for 2025. Maybe thats the plan? I'd still like them to sign Tannehill at QB3. I think he'd be perfect to mentor KP as he knows Smiths offense well and could have him ready...for whenever that may be. 
Reply/Quote
It seems it's a small risk possibly high reward for the Squeelers. I'm just not so sure how high the reward can go ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:49 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Yeah, Im starting to warm up to it. IDK what kind of hibernation I was in last night, but I missed the signing and didn't see it until early this morning. 

I guess if he plays the way that we hope and the Steelers win a playoff game or two and he looks good doing it, maybe you can convince Russ to sign a 2-3 year team friendly deal....like $30-$35M annually (I can't believe that that would be team friendly, but here we are Hilarious Thanks Browns...a**holes)....since it would give him the best shot to win a SB before he retires.  
That depends if he is still under Denver's old contract. If he is then Pitt can keep paying him 1.2M a year while the Bronco's foot the rest of his enormous contract.  Hilarious
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Just ask yourself if Russell Wilson as he is now is better than Mason Rudolph and Kenny Pickett. The answer is pretty obvious.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good move by the Steelers.

Wilson is not a great QB who can take over a game, but he is good enough not to give it away, a la Pickett.

They got better and didn't get skinned like Denver and Cleveland.
Reply/Quote