Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers fire OC Matt Canada
This is pertinent to Sunday's game. This is a long-awaited development for Steelers fans. No word yet on who will be acting OC for this weekend's game. My guess is that it will be QB coach Mike Sullivan. The Bills offense played better after the removal of Dorsey, but Allen is a far more developed QB than Pickett is

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 10:46 AM)pally Wrote: This is pertinent to Sunday's game. This is a long-awaited development for Steelers fans. No word yet on who will be acting OC for this weekend's game. The Bills offense played better after the removal of Dorsey, but Allen is a far more developed QB than Pickett is

I’m sure we will get a 400 yard 4 TD Pickett game now….
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 10:46 AM)pally Wrote: This is pertinent to Sunday's game.  This is a long-awaited development for Steelers fans.  No word yet on who will be acting OC for this weekend's game.   My guess is that it will be QB coach Mike Sullivan. The Bills offense played better after the removal of Dorsey, but Allen is a far more developed QB than Pickett is

Interesting. Another change to a major position while a team is still in the thick of the pennant race.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 10:46 AM)pally Wrote: This is pertinent to Sunday's game.  This is a long-awaited development for Steelers fans.  No word yet on who will be acting OC for this weekend's game.   My guess is that it will be QB coach Mike Sullivan. The Bills offense played better after the removal of Dorsey, but Allen is a far more developed QB than Pickett is

I still remember when we fired Zampese and replaced him with Lazor. There was an article saying that basically every time an OC is replaced mid season the offense improves if only marginally. Only twice it didn't. One of those two times was when Lazor was replaced as the Dolphins OC by our own Zac Taylor. Just a fun fact I'm sure we all know. But I would expect the Steelers offense to be about the same maybe more run oriented.
Reply/Quote
Feel like the Bengals could really make a statment to the team, Joe Burrow, and the fanbase if they were to fire Pollack this week.

But they wont.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:03 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Feel like the Bengals could really make a statment to the team, Joe Burrow, and the fanbase if they were to fire Pollack this week.

But they wont.

Media is reporting that the firing came from Rooney himself...not from Tomlin so that could be an interesting dynamic to watch.

Mike Sullivan has now been announced as interim OC

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38950625/steelers-fire-oc-matt-canada-offensive-struggles
Reply/Quote
Damn now I can't use my "We'll at least we don't have Matt Canada" comeback.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:05 AM)pally Wrote: Media is reporting that the firing came from Rooney himself...not from Tomlin so that could be an interesting dynamic to watch.

Mike Thomas has now been announced as interim OC

But Tomlin sounded good with the switch. I liked his hard-nosed answer:

"You could look at the record and say, 'OK, we're still good right now.' Or we could look at the record and be like, 'If we keep playing this type of football, how long is that s--- going to last?' I look at it like, 'How long that s--- going to last?' Y'all could look at it like it's a good record, but I mean it's the NFL. Winning how we did, it's not going to get us nowhere."
Reply/Quote
It's because Matt Canada wasn't talking to Big Ben
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Canada always thinks the field is longer and wider than it really is..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 05:15 PM)grampahol Wrote: Canada always thinks the field is longer and wider than it really is..

And he wants to punt on 3rd down?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 07:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And he wants to punt on 3rd down?

It sure felt like that at times.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 03:02 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: It sure felt like that at times.  

They probably should've at times
Reply/Quote