Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers game is very winnable
I know they are undefeated but they definitely can be defeated they should of lost today. I think the Bengals give them their first loss next Sunday
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 10:17 PM)Trademark Wrote: I know they are undefeated but they definitely can be defeated they should of lost today. I think the Bengals give them their first loss next Sunday

I think that you're fooling yourself.  The Steelers were basically sleepwalking today, the same as they did in the 1st half of the Tennessee game.  They turn it on when they need to, just enough to get the job done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bengals can’t beat them when they have a decent team. Their front four will wreak havoc. Throw in a few blitzes and it’s trouble.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
TJ Watt, Stephon Tuitt, Cameron Heyward, and Bud Dupree are probably the best defensive front in the NFL. The Bengals have to spread them out, the WRs get open, and Burrow can continue to have amazing ball placement.

The Big issue will be can the Bengals defensive front even move Ben Roethlisberger and this year evidence says no...no they cannot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Yeah, Big Ben will have his way with us, like every QB has this year. Lot's of pressure on Burrow. I think it's a close one, but the Steelers make more plays on defense.
Reply/Quote
I think we can win it. If we do, it won’t be a “any given Sunday” thing either! This team is coming together.

Reply/Quote
The Steelers have so many playmakers on defense on every level.
Even if.that front 7 doesnt get to the Burrow then Fitzpatrick and Haden will be back there in the right spot.

Cincy will.have to run the ball effectively to.even keep it close.
If Burrow has to throw it 50 times he will be sacked 10 times.
The Steelers run D can be suspect.

Oh yeah their WRs are beasts too. Schuster always shows up
And ***** slaps our CBs.

Steelers have better coaches top to bottom.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 200.webp?cid=ecf05e47qh5ol728xdhf4a5po6x...d=200.webp]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 11:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think we can win it. If we do, it won’t be a “any given Sunday” thing either! This team is coming together.

I want to believe this. Given how badly the coaching staff failed to prepare this team for the Ravens, I think evrryone grew from that. Including Burrow. Think how how much Burrow learned from that game. You know he watched the game today and is watching tape on the Steelers.  I think the play-calling will be better of both sides of the balls. Our make-shift dline is doing better than the starters did most of last season. Same with the Oline. I think there's room for hope that we can pull this one out. We need it, and I think this team got a little taste against the Titans. Now they're hungry! Mixon is going to have a big day. I can feel it. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
After watching the Cowboys play Pissburgh...Bengals will have a hard time containing Squealers front 4 on defense. Heyward and Watts were beasts in that 4th quarter. That was even without the blitz. Burrow can't play around in the pocket with that defense. He will have to have a quick release and a run game to help contain them.
Reply/Quote
The other thing I learned from watching the game today is the refs will help the Steelers win every chance they get. Miss a field goal? No prob, you false started and get to kick it again. Steelers player is facemasking a Dallas player? Call the Dallas player for unsportman like conduct when he flails around trying to get it to stop. Dallas is driving and gets a completion for a big play? Call Dallas for an illegal formation because a tackle was too far off the line even though every other team would get a warning first.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 10:17 PM)Trademark Wrote: I know they are undefeated but they definitely can be defeated they should of lost today. I think the Bengals give them their first loss next Sunday

Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
The only way to beat the Steelers right now is by running the football and harassing (and bringing down) Big Ben for 4 solid quarters. Those are also the two things I think we will not be able to do against them.

Furthermore, they sleepwalk against lesser teams historically, but never lesser teams in their own division.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 10:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that you're fooling yourself.  The Steelers were basically sleepwalking today, the same as they did in the 1st half of the Tennessee game.  They turn it on when they need to, just enough to get the job done.

Ummm, the Stealers scored 24 in the first half and 3 in the 2nd half... If not for a shanked chipset field goal by Tenn at the end they most likely lose in O.T.  They aren't as good as their record. They have played alot of bad teams...
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 03:13 AM)Tony Wrote: Ummm, the Stealers scored 24 in the first half and 3 in the 2nd half... If not for a shanked chipset field goal by Tenn at the end they most likely lose in O.T.  They aren't as good as their record. They have played alot of bad teams...

Next week will be no different, since the Bengals are winning 30% of their games right now.
To win the Bengals need help and never seen play.

Ben leaving the game.
Jonah and Hart playing 4 quarters of Pro Bowl caliber play.
Burrow, Mixon and Giovani taking play action to another level.
AJ being AJ of 5 years ago.
Bengals secondary killing squealers drives via INTs.

What are the odds? Better than zero.
Reply/Quote
I said this in another thread, but I would consider it a win if Burrow just gets through this game not being hurt. No team in the NFL gets away with more cheap shots and after the play b.s. than pukesburg. Think about how many rules are in place in the NFL because of those cheap shot mf'ers...and most of those came when they were playing the Bengals (Hines Ward crackback on Keith Rivers...broken jaw, Kimo, went low on Palmer....blown out knee, Shazier....lowered his head on Bernard....knocked him out of the game, and I am probably missing a few). Plus we have to play the refs too.
Reply/Quote
We've had a lot better teams top to bottom the last five years and haven't beaten them. What makes you think we can suddenly beat their 8-0 team? They had a horrible game yesterday, you can bet Tomlin will have those guys fired up on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 03:13 AM)Tony Wrote: Ummm, the Stealers scored 24 in the first half and 3 in the 2nd half... If not for a shanked chipset field goal by Tenn at the end they most likely lose in O.T.  They aren't as good as their record. They have played alot of bad teams...

All the "best" teams have beaten a lot of bad teams. That's why their records are so good. The schedule is balanced for the most part. KC has beaten Buffalo/Baltimore for their two best wins. Pittsburgh's beaten Baltimore/Tennessee. Green Bay has only beaten the Saints. Baltimore's only beaten the Colts. Etc, etc.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know some Covid infected hookers we could send up there?
Reply/Quote
Of course they can win the game, but odds are they won’t. In fact it is more likely that we will lose badly than it is that we win. I’m hoping that they are competitive and that we avoid the usual Sunday board meltdown if we do lose.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote